Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 4:02:02 PM EDT
Tell me there aren't people running the ATM's dry...

yoi and double yoi.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, didn't you get the email about all the banks closing at 2:00 because the Mint can't print anymore money???

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
For all those younger... years ago, Johnny Carson madea  remark about a "toilet paper shortage" (might have been during the '73 oil crisis) and the next day there was a run on the stores and the shelves were virtually wiped clean (ok, poor choice of words there) of TP.

Panicky Sheep-o-mania is alive and well in the US of A...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Either FOX or CNN reported that several banks with key facilities in New Orleans will experience ATM problems across the southeast.

I'm not saying that its true but that may have contributed to the public reaction (if there is one).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]
We've run out of money because everybody shops at walmart and buys jap cars.  All our cash is now in China and Japan.    I guess they'll just have to print some more.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:44:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The NICS system whet down Monday and was dowm for 24 hors at least. No one could buy guns. Imagine the panic that could have created.............
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course.   People don't have cash, and are now waking up to the fact that it may be a decent idea to have some
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top