Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:04:55 PM EDT
Anyone have a clip of it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 I'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont MREs come with a heater in each pouch?  They used to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Some do...some don't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
All recent ones have the heater pouch.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for link.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute...

I have not heard anything about whatever it is you are talking about here but let me take a guess....

Troops brought in a lot of food for starving people, such as MRE's, and some stupid lady and/or a group of people are complaining about it being cold

Am I close?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wait a minute...

I have not heard anything about whatever it is you are talking about here but let me take a guess....

Troops brought in a lot of food for starving people, such as MRE's, and some stupid lady and/or a group of people are complaining about it being cold

Am I close?

Dead on.   I could only understand about every 5th word out of her mouth too.

My care-o-meter is at -23258411.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]

STooopid double tap....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

She couldn't find a rock or something to lean it against.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
"All they gave me was crackers and water and more water and more water.  Were is the hot food?"

Pissed me right F off ...

www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=ungrateful
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that' s because she got through smokin' the rock before she gots her meal.......where my food at..??
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
All recent ones have the heater pouch.

The twit also complained that they were giving her too much drinking water.

Expendable drinking water + cold MRE with heater =
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

LoL.  Rock or something.

Incidentally, the non-military MREs (I've got some, they've got less variety in them...never any caramel ) that I think are labelled emergency aid rations do not have the heater packed into the main pouch.

Did I mention they never have caramel?

The entree variety is pretty decent though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL.  Rock or something.

Incidentally, the non-military MREs (I've got some, they've got less variety in them...never any caramel ) that I think are labelled emergency aid rations do not have the heater packed into the main pouch.

You need to get some fresher MRES.  USGI MREs haven't had the tasty caramels in years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine didn't come with the heaters. I had to buy them separate. But these dum-dums probably wouldn't know how to use them anyway and would probably burn themselves trying.

Only the main meal needs to be heated, the other stuff like crackers, cookies and drink mix are just fine without the heat. And cold food is still better than water logged, looted groceries. Talk about ungrateful "Victocrats".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL.  Rock or something.

You need to get some fresher MRES.  USGI MREs haven't had the tasty caramels in years.

If that's the case I'll just stick with the old gear my buddy brings back when they've got left overs from CAX.

My case says it was packaged of .mil MREs was packaged 6/11/03, so this no carmel thing must be a pretty recent change.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#18]
After Ivan, the folks in my neck of the woods were very thankful for what they received.

I really don't understand the thought processes of some people.
Then again, I don't look at a Cat 5 hurricane and think "I'll ride it out."
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]
bump
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#21]
waiting on linky...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry no link...
I originally posted on this "person" and her comments.
To think that this waste of air thought she was "above" the meal that our troops are eating disgust me.
Stupid POS, maybe she was looking for a toy in the bag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I caught part of this interview you are talking about.
The ungrateful "queen of all around her" complaining about
having only water to drink, and then threw the MRE away.

I sure would like to see it again too - I wasn't paying 100%
attention.

Then maybe we can track her down later and cook her the
filet mignon we owe her. And some champagne I guess.  
She is entitled ot only the best.

DanM
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Disaster MRE's don't usually have heaters. She was probably pissed because she was expecting a Big Mac and large fries.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
waiting on linky...

I saw it on OReily...Looking for link for ya...

BTW I think she mentioned the only thing she could eat was the crackers.

Ironic????
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#27]
tag of disgust
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
tag as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
waiting on linky...

I saw it on OReily...Looking for link for ya...

BTW I think she mentioned the only thing she could eat was the crackers.

Ironic????

Ironic.........Yeah, she can bite me

I had some cold, EXPIRED MREs that weren't bad at all.........
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#30]
What I have to say will get this thread locked.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like the idiot who was complaining about the A/C being out in the Dome & Convention center.

Never mind the fact that there's no "grid" power for several hundred miles...  He got uncomfortable...  

Idiot Sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
CHARM's and Tootsie Rolls mostly in mine... From '04

Charms! Charms kick ass! Especially when you're playing OPFOR and the BLUFOR you're up against is full of slobs.

Once my battalion played OPFOR against another brigade. Our squad trailed a platoon for 7 klicks by following the trail of Charms wrapper trash and cigarette butts before we got a visual on them and called in a fire mission. We smelled the cigarette smoke before we saw them. It looked like a herd of candy-eating chain-smoking elephants walked through the woods.

We gathered up all the trash we found on their trail, stuffed it in a Ziploc bag, and presented it to their O/C prior to their AAR. Oh man, I bet he scuffed those guys up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Disaster MRE's don't usually have heaters. She was probably pissed because she was expecting a Big Mac and large fries.

That reminds me of that bit Eddie Murphy did about the other kids getting McDonald's and his mom made him some greasy-ass burger on white sandwich bread.

I bet she was like that..   expecting McDonald's and then crying when it wasn't there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Refugee: "All they have here is Army food.  You can't eat that.  It wasn't even hot.  We haven't had a hot meal since we been here."

They might not taste the best while cold, but the normal MREs are just as edible cold as warm.  I'd assume the disaster ones are even more tastey while cold, since they evidently dont have a heater.

But, the ones I saw people carrying were the full normal MRE, if they cant figure out how the hell to heat one of those up, they dont deserve hot food.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CHARM's and Tootsie Rolls mostly in mine... From '04

Charms! Charms kick ass! Especially when you're playing OPFOR and the BLUFOR you're up against is full of slobs.

Once my battalion played OPFOR against another brigade. Our squad trailed a platoon for 7 klicks by following the trail of Charms wrapper trash and cigarette butts before we got a visual on them and called in a fire mission. We smelled the cigarette smoke before we saw them. It looked like a herd of candy-eating chain-smoking elephants walked through the woods.

We gathered up all the trash we found on their trail, stuffed it in a Ziploc bag, and presented it to their O/C prior to their AAR. Oh man, I bet he scuffed those guys up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#36]
There are no, I repeat NO, fried chicken and green MREs on the 1-24 menu.

That is all, carry on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them tried to eat the MRE heaters.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#38]
"Looking for a toy in the bag".

Good one, Tonster.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that' s because she got through smokin' the rock before she gots her meal.......where my food at..??

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#40]
bump, lookin for the video, anyone got it?  wanna show it to some buddies
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I saw that, and that female wasn't worth the price of the MRE
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
There are no, I repeat NO, fried chicken and green MREs on the 1-24 menu.

That is all, carry on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#43]
from what i've learned, if the MRE sais mill spec, or has color on hte package, there is no heater, but if it is a real military mre it will.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yeah, in addition to the MP there, there needs to be a bitch slapping platoon to keep these asshats inline. First on the list needs to be Geraldo. Bitch boy he is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

All the MREs we received after Ivan had heaters. She probably didn't know what to do with the little green envelope and threw it away without reading the instructions.

My family was prepared to go without gas and buying groceries for awhile, I felt guilty at first taking MREs cause I'm not used to getting stuff for free. They were a great help since we were cutting and cleaning up our pines all day and could come inside after dark and have a high calorie, self-contained dinner with the radio and lantern.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That reminds me of that bit Eddie Murphy did about the other kids getting McDonald's Mickey Ds and his mom made him some greasy-ass burger on white sandwich bread.

I bet she was like that..   expecting McDonald's Mickey Ds and then crying when it wasn't there.

No charge
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Dumb bitch.

Should have given her a 'Poek Patty, Dehydrated' MRE. Yummy!!

Or maybe an old omlette MRE
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the MREs we received after Ivan had heaters. She probably didn't know what to do with the little green envelope and threw it away without reading the instructions.

My family was prepared to go without gas and buying groceries for awhile, I felt guilty at first taking MREs cause I'm not used to getting stuff for free. They were a great help since we were cutting and cleaning up our pines all day and could come inside after dark and have a high calorie, self-contained dinner with the radio and lantern.

She couldn't read the instructions because they were printed upside down.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

She couldn't read the instructions because they were printed upside down.

LMFAO!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#50]
She was a "woman", not a "lady". Big difference.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top