Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 12:43:17 PM EDT
Just in time....

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050902/ap_on_re_us/katrina_jackson_hk4

BATON ROUGE, La. - Racism is partly to blame for the deadly aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Rev.     Jesse Jackson said, calling     President Bush's response to the disaster "incompetent."

"Today, as the President comes to Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi for his ceremonial trip to look at the victims of the devastation, he would do well to have a plan more significant than a ceremonial tour," Jackson said Friday.

"His whole response is unacceptable."

Bush has acknowledged that the federal response has not been acceptable, but promised that the government would get supplies to survivors and crack down on violence in New Orleans.

Jackson questioned why Bush has not named blacks to top positions in the federal response to the disaster, particularly when the majority of victims remaining stranded in New Orleans are black: "How can blacks be locked out of the leadership, and trapped in the suffering?"

"It is that lack of sensitivity and compassion that represents a kind of incompetence."

U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Russell Honore, head of the military task force overseeing operations in the three states, is black. His task force is providing search and rescue, medical help and sending supplies to the three states in support of the     Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Jackson was in Baton Rouge to take part in a local project using a caravan of buses to pick up people stranded in New Orleans and transport them out. He spoke at a news conference at the state emergency center.

The civil rights leader said the flooding that caused thousands to be trapped inside the city was caused by a lack of federal funding for its levee system and hurricane planning. The resulting tragedy, he said, has largely hit New Orleans' black residents, because they were too poor to evacuate before the storm hit.

"There's a historical indifference to the pain of poor people and black people" in this country, he said.

Jackson also said the news media has "criminalized the people of New Orleans" by focusing on violence in the city.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
But we are the racists here for stating the obvious.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
People at some point are going to grow tired of Jesse, Al, the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus.  It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain whats going on in NO and it aint racism.  Something tells me that the point has arrived.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Bush is racist for not appointing black people.  In other words, only blacks can help other blacks.

Wow, and that isn't a racist comment?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
E Quensu Orcha? (sp?)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesse is a racist dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck him and anyone who supports his warped ass......... Simple as that.......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucktard.

....and anyone who's heard J. Jackson talk in the last thirty years and doesn't think so is a retard also.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I suppose Condi would appreciate his statements.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
The first answer to my "other shoe drops" topic was "one day". Demonstrations next. Free shoes to follow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Anything about people taking responsibility for their own survival? There are a lot of people who need help in places besides NOLA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Has he done anything besides flap his gums and drool, does anyone ever understand what he says....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Has it occurred to Jesse that maybe black people weren't put in charge because either a) the people qualified to do those jobs happened to NOT be black or b) the people who already had those jobs WEREN'T black.

Oh my holy fucking shit! Non-black people being put in positions of authority and/or responsibility? Racism! Racism!

I've been waiting for Jesse Jackson to forget to look both ways before stepping out in front of a cement truck for years. Why is it that the dumbfucks and assholes of the world live for all of eternity to torment us with their stupidity/attitude and everyone else dies or fades into obscurity?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
yall can ban me for saying this, but I don't care:

Hope he gets run over by a shopping cart full of looted bigscreen TV's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]
So the Karin Standford scandal is over for him now?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
If Jesse Jackson & the NAACP are successful in wiping out any inference of racism, then what would thier purpose be?

They are the racist, and they perpetuate thier own self importance. IMHO
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Its amazing the paralells between the "reverend" and Yasser Arafat.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#20]
"It's Bushs fault"    <Insert democRat name here>
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#21]
They had a black guy in charge, the Mayor.
Would jj prefer we left him on his own?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#23]
And the sun came up today...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#24]
- "Reverend" without a church
- "Politician" thats never been elected
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/926784/1701190/110569874.jpg

(the only good thing about Katrina is getting that b!tch off the air)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]
NOLA is in the situation they are in because of lack of planning by the people and the people's elected officals.  PERIOD.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Why the fuck is this piece of shit given the spotlight anyways?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Time to look left, right, and then into the mirror Jesse. There you will find the people who are to blame for generations of people who have had ALL drive to better their lives and take responsibility for themselves REMOVED. They are all around YOU and you are smack dab in the f&^%$#@* middle of the pack.

I can't believe this BS.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Jessie Jackson is a racist.  Plain and simple, if a white man said that about whites, then he would be jailed.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#30]
hey jesse you stupid race baiting racist
maybe if the blacks I see on tv would take time out during their busy day of raping, murdering, looting, commiting arson, and shooting at rescuers, to help move the sick and elderly to designated shelter areas or help clear streets to trucks can move in there wouldn't be so many dead
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Jackson questioned why Bush has not named blacks to top positions in the federal response to the disaster, particularly when the majority of victims remaining stranded in New Orleans are black: "How can blacks be locked out of the leadership, and trapped in the suffering?"

Ummm, because project living welfare raised blacks decided not to evacuate and were therefore the hardest hit because of their insistance upon staying. That answers the "trapped" part. As for the "locked out of leadership" part, since when are welfare recipients running for political office?

Jesse, the best advise I can give you right now is........stop talking into that microhone thingy.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#32]

"It is that lack of sensitivity and compassion that represents a kind of incompetence."

Isn't the mayor of NO a black man? Wasn't he in charge of the whole shootin match before the storm hit? Didn't he beat feet for safety well before the storm hit? Isn't he responsible for the safety/well being of NO residents?

Maybe Bush should put him in charge of relief efforts. Oh wait, he has already shown he's a fucktard...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Jackson is a truely evil man.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Isnt most the NO city govt black?  What good did that do Jesse?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
People at some point are going to grow tired of Jesse, Al, the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus.  It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain whats going on in NO and it aint racism.  Something tells me that the point has arrived.

Its getting there. SOme of my Lib clients are waking up after seeing all that has happened in NO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/926784/1701190/110569874.jpg

(the only good thing about Katrina is getting that b!tch off the air)

Nah...that stupid bitch is now in Houston trying to get some more 15 minutes of fame.  Maybe she should take her stupid bitch ass to the dome and help with the "refugees" or even better yet volunteer to go to New Orleans and clean up the shitter dome.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I say again, has he done anything besides drool in that language that does not resemble English......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Alright everybody, take a deep breath...

a long lost cousin to Jesse maybe?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I wish and hope you're correct. But, I had a talk with a liberal co-worker this morning who is convinced it is GWB's fault. The racism card will be played in order to get more money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I cant hardly read it all anymore. It really gets to me  

Thank God Im going to burn some lead this weekend  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Nothing new. In 1994 he came here(Albany, GA) after the city was flooded, and attempted to lead a march protesting the "unfair treatment of black people" during the flood.

Seems that after waiting as long as possible, the flood gates of our dam were opened, causing the river to rise unchecked, and allowing black neighborhoods to flood. Evidently he didn't realize that white neighborhoods and black neighborhoods were equally flooded, as was everything else in the city.

He quietly left town when noone showed up for his march.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top