Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:38:17 PM EDT

I'm sure the Libtards will blame this on Bush also.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Because they are underwater?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Felt like copying what the DrudgeReport says?

Exact quote from the DR:

WHY DIDN'T YOU DEPLOY THE BUSES DURING THE MANDATORY EVACUATION, MAYOR?...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
What I wanna know is, how many people are there that were trying to comply with the mandatory evacuation, and how many people told the government to shove it up their asses, because they'd survived the '65 hurricane?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Because they are underwater?

Sure, they are NOW.

The point is, there was a mandatory evac order BEFORE the SHTF.

Any I keep hearing that those left behind COULDN'T evacuate.

Seems like these busses could have covered some ground in the days before the disaster.  Those people would have been better off standing in an open field 100 miles inland than they are now, right?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't anyone realize that the average bus only holds 40-50 people[\b]????

25,000 divided by 50 = 500busses!!!!!

how long does it take to get 50 semi-retarded people on a bus???

10-20 minutes??

It would have taken days or weeks to get those people out on busses.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

10-20 minutes??

Funny, NO has about 500 buses underwater now
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I would want to sit by the window.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

10-20 minutes??

Two things, first and most obvious, there are WELL over 100 busses in that single yard.  I'd suspect that there are buses within 100 miles of NO that haul over 25,000 kids TWICE A DAY.

Second, 40-50 is a rule of thumb, given the option of piling on or riding the roller coaster, I'll stand, thanks.

Lastly, your post lacks credit for the can do attitude that makes this STILL be a great country.

Is it really better NOT to have tried?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
There's over 200 buses in that photo alone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Even if they didn't use the busses to get out of the city, what about using them and public transportation to get the people who couldn't leave for what ever reasons to the dome?  They basically told people "Here's where the refuge of last resort is, get her if you can."  Not only those but there is public transportation there.

I think most of the fault on this is due to the mayor of NO not taking action, preferring to tell people to run and then bitching because no one bailed him out in the manner he wanted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

I don't read Drudge. I saw the picture on another message board. Are you claiming it's not a valid question?

As a side note: I really can't recall you ever posting anything that adds to a discussion. You always seem to add a negative cloud over any discussion you participate in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

I don't read Drudge. I saw the picture on another message board. Are you claiming it's not a valid question?

As a side note: I really can't recall you ever posting anything that adds to a discussion. You always seem to add a negative cloud over any discussion you participate in.

While I'm far from a long-timer at ARFCOM, you've been here a grand total of a little over 4 months (You joined 4/30/05).

Hardly room for judging.

But back on topic. The entire operation has been one giant clusterfuck. We'd flood the server if we spent all our time pointing out the screwups.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Bingo.

Total lack of leadership..whoever runs against this Moron for the Mayoral post, should make this picture his campaign sign.

Is Ray Nagin a good Leacer? (picture of buses)?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

Because they did not fill up the other busses that were used in the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

10-20 minutes??

I thought those ppl. used small busses...that would have taken even longer...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#16]
YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKING TOO MUCH LOGICAL SENSE!

STOP IT!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you know that they Humane Society had a better evacuation plan than the City of NO? They evacuated animals from the shelters to Houston way in advance of the storm. The POS mayor at minimum could have staged the buses 2 hours north for post storm evac uses, at best he could have used them to move folks inland or to Houston in advance of the storm. The POS mayor is a POS leader, he had to call on the President to appeal to the masses because he couldn't get thru to them. Yeah, like a bunch of Democrats are going to listen to a Republican Presidents warning. Then Nagin doesn't have the brains to call on or manage the resources available to him. Reaping what they sow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

While I'm far from a long-timer at ARFCOM, you've been here a grand total of a little over 4 months (You joined 4/30/05).

Hardly room for judging.

But back on topic. The entire operation has been one giant clusterfuck. We'd flood the server if we spent all our time pointing out the screwups.

You're what?? 21 years old? I've been on this planet 47 years, raised children, built 4 houses, started my own business which went public, and employed over 100 people. I think I'm qualified to make an assessment that you're an ass-clown.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

Hardly room for judging.

You're what?? 21 years old? I've been on this planet 47 years, raised children, built 4 houses, started my own business which went public, and employed over 100 people. I think I'm qualified to make an assessment that you're an ass-clown.

Was that an original thought on your part, or did you have to check the Drudge Report again to come up with it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

Hardly room for judging.

Was that an original thought on your part, or did you have to check the Drudge Report again to come up with it?

Hey genius. Right-click on the photo I posted and check the properties. Does that look like Drudge to you?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

Hardly room for judging.

Hey genius. Right-click on the photo I posted and check the properties. Does that look like Drudge to you?

Hey dickwad, right click on the photo on the Drudge Report and go to properties, here's where it comes from:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050901/capt.flpc21109012015.hurricane_katrina_flpc211.jpg?x=380&y=235&sig=NbUvEfVIaferkxoZTiys0Q--

Right click and go to properties on your image and here's where it comes from:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050901/capt.flpc21109012015.hurricane_katrina_flpc211.jpg?x=380&y=235&sig=NbUvEfVIaferkxoZTiys0Q--

How's your foot taste, asshole.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe they tried to use them, only to find out that the people willing to drive them were already gone, or on their way out of the city?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.  This is the War Room!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Great subject.  Poor execution.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exact quote from the DR:

Because they did not fill up the other busses that were used in the beginning.

Unless you force them, there was no need.

I see some serious changes coming about after this. I'd say that early evac of metro areas will occur and stadia and other arenas will be used as shelters more often.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Next personal attack between either one of you two results in a time out. Clear enough?

Sorry! Won't happen again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#29]
This crisis has become such a political weapon for the left, the mainstream media will have to kill the story.  Anything that lets FEMA or Bush off the hook will never see the light of day.

Don't be surprised if you never hear anything about the unused school buses from CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I have riden the bus for 8 years and the biggets one only hold 34 if you can get everyone to sit two to a seat. In the footage there seemed to be alot of over weight people over there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry! Won't happen again.

Thanks Paul  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have riden the bus for 8 years and the biggets one only hold 34 if you can get everyone to sit two to a seat. In the footage there seemed to be alot of over weight people over there.

Whatever the exact details, all of the buses in the photo are sitting idle.  None of them took a single person out of NO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

So?  That's hundreds of people that could be moving.  Or are you the if it's not enough it shouldn't be done at all type?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I take it you've never seen a loaded bus in some third world shithole?

It's amazing how many people can crowd onto a vehicle under dire circumstances...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Kinda like saying that because we couldn't save ALL of them, we shouldn't try to save ANY of them. That might have removed 10-15000 people who wouldn't now be suffering so badly, and complaining so loudly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Those buses are only used to pick up voters from the ghetto and the barrio so that they can vote Democrapic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
What I wanna know is, how many people are there that were trying to comply with the mandatory evacuation, and how many people told the government to shove it up their asses, because they'd survived the '65 hurricane?

im not sure but i think the demographics of NO were prolly different 40 yrs ago
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it you've never seen a loaded bus in some third world shithole?

It's amazing how many people can crowd onto a vehicle under dire circumstances...

There is always room for one more. I've personally seen a whole platoon on a "duec-and-a-half".
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#40]
www.newschannel5.tv/2005/9/1/4255/Taking-refuge-in-the-Astrodome

They should make this kid the next mayor of NO...!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He will be arrested and jailed.  His crime:  Not waiting for the big nanny-teet of government to save him.

Initiative must be punished, it is the liberal way.

Trey

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

This kid just proved you can get 100 people in a bus. Those approx 200 buses left unused by the idiot NO mayor could have transported 20,000 people out of town.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Did you ride the short bus to school or something?  

Most full-size school buses that I'm familiar with hold 66 passengers plus the driver. In an emergency situation such as New Orleans I'm sure you could find room to squeeze more people in there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

10-20 minutes??

Still would've been better than nothing.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#46]
If they don't make him Mayor they should at least declare him a hero.  He probably saved those people.  At least he took some initiative.  

It does prove they could have used the school busses also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most full-size school buses that I'm familiar with hold 66 passengers plus the driver. In an emergency situation such as New Orleans I'm sure you could find room to squeeze more people in there.

In my experience, a full sized bus is supposed to hold about 50, give or take.  More would be possible, but there would be a major risk of overcrowding, not to mention the difficulty and hazards that would be presented if the bus had to be evacuated for any reason.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This kid just proved you can get 100 people in a bus. Those approx 200 buses left unused by the idiot NO mayor could have transported 20,000 people out of town.

This man is a hero
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Authorities eventually allowed the renegade passengers inside the dome. But the 18-year-old who ensured their safety could find himself in a world of trouble for stealing the school bus."

They should give that kid a medal for using common sense.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just how do I make this my new Forum Signature?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top