Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:24:01 AM EDT
Since I have just been accused being too stupid to figure out to use an easy function that I use all the time, site IMs, I attempted to IM my accuser, Mr. The Bee Keeper.  Once again, I get a "this user is not accepting site instant messaging" message.  Soooooo, is this function out, or maybe, as Mr. The Bee Keeper feels, can I just not figure out how to use it in my ignorance?

This is a serious question, I wouldn't want this locked 'cause someone thinks I'm not being serious, after all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IM sent

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I just successfully replied to an IM from another board member, thank you.  So why have 2 attempts to IM a Mod failed, I wonder?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385749

Ahhh, thank you mjohn.

Should I have just known this little secret right off the bat, Mr. The Bee Keeper?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Is site traffic causing problems?

Yesterday I got a "system error - contact administrator" or some such when I checked "My Active Topics". Later it worked.

And once yesterday I got the old url not available page, just like the bad old days when arf would go down. Again, later it worked fine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Since I have just been accused being too stupid to figure out to use an easy function that I use all the time, site IMs, I attempted to IM my accuser, Mr. The Bee Keeper.  Once again, I get a "this user is not accepting site instant messaging" message.  Soooooo, is this function out, or maybe, as Mr. The Bee Keeper feels, can I just not figure out how to use it in my ignorance?

This is a serious question, I wouldn't want this locked 'cause someone thinks I'm not being serious, after all.

Something else. If you're typing a user name into a new IM address box you have to get the username exactly correct. Close doesn't count.

Of course if you clicked on the IM box in someone's response this doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
T_C_N, I just sent YOU an IM.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top