Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:37:33 AM EDT
I just woke up after spending being awake for 26 hours. I did receive a total of 11 hours pay. What do I see when I turn on my computer ? An AOL acrticle about the "Racial Divide" in the NO situation, the country at large, etc.,.
Pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT !!! First of all, I grew up in a racially mixed family in the 60's. In the poor "Black" neighborhoods, I was the poor white kid. My mother raised 6 kids, pretty much by herself. We ate the "Government Cheese" the black comedians like to joke about. I picked whatever needed picked to live as part of a convoy of "Migrant Workers". Now we may have our problems, but not one of my siblings or my mother are on government assistance, nor are we convicted felons, drug dealers, etc.,. I'm a veteran of the US Marines and Navy. Typical Americans. One generation who dealt with what life handed us and did the best we could.
I have a co-worker who has family in the 9th ward in NO. This morning, after bitching about the boss, how the local government in NO knew about the problems with the levee for years, etc.,. he heads out. I did agree with him on the rampant corruption in NO, but on many others of his points I call BULLSHIT !!!
How many generations need free education, housing, food stamps,etc.,. to pull out of poverty. Bitch about the "Foreigners" coming into your community to start businesses. Why did'nt someone from your community start them long before ? All ypur most high profile "leaders" want to do is bitch and moan about the "Man". Don't anybody dare call me a fucking racist. I'm a realist who has traveled this planet and seen the truth of the human condition. Many people have come here, to the greatest country in the history of man, and for the most part they have pulled themselves up and become good Americans.
Don't try the fucking slavery card with me either. Thats in the past. If anyone is "Oppressed" in this country it's the taxpayer. I needed to get some of this off my chest and will definitely post more later.
By the way, I showed up for duty last night over 30 minutes early. Another former Marine who worked for this company could be counted on to do the same. The guy from the 9th ward ? He showed up 30 minutes late last week to relieve me, as well as this morning. It's called work ethic, get a fucking clue !!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Feel better

That was a pretty good rant.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the difference between individual responsibility and the entitlement mentality.

The welfare system should not be a lifestyle, yet that's what it is for many, stretching over 2, 3, 4 generations.

I don't have much, but what I have I earned.  Nobody gave me anything.

No affirmative action.  No preferential treatment.  No United Caucasian College Fund.

I have also taught my children to be self-sufficient.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
why are you using AOL ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
AOL=LOL
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
More of an observation than a rant. I use AOL because I get it free thru a work-related hook-up. I live in Dallas and have (Due to one work assignment) some real-time info. on the NO refugee situation here. Dallas rates NUMBER 1 in many crime stats here in the US. Should be interesting to see how things play out here. The illegal alien work force is already nervous. If the "Refugees" actually try to get work here it could be quite a mess. Of course these fine folks from NO will move on to be pillars of the community and will in no way contribute to the rising crime statistics here in the Big D. Ray
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#6]
AOL actually conducts news?  They don't just piggy back other peoples articals?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Free AOL? Wow, there's an offer I don't get every day, twice on Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#8]
AOL pisses me off to no end either.  There are AOL channels that you can click on.  There is one called BLACK VOICES.  Why dont they have one for whites and asians or hispanics? You have no way of removing it.  The AOL help didnt have a fucking answer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
AOL=LOL

actually   AOL=  THE SUCKAGE

thats the only Company we have a TACK for that is rejecting email's to their customer  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top