Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 8:38:28 AM EDT
Barbara Starr on CNN is reporting live that a convoy of HMMWV's and troops are headed to the convention center to take aid including food, water and medicine to the 15,000 people stranded there!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope they can keep order.  That's going to be an ugly scene real quick if they don't keep people in line right from the get-go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Lock and load.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Evidently, they are sending the badasses that just arrived today from Arkansas in this convoy. This is a battle hardened unit that just returned from Iraq. The reporter was saying the commanding general was having to tell the guys to poiint their guns down, that they weren't in Iraq. Evidently these troops are ready for action!

If any gang bangers challenge them, they likely wind up like Al Sadr's Iraqi militia did.....cannon fodder!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Already reports of more troops now driving through the city where possible.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Barbara Starr on CNN is reporting live that a convoy of HMMWV's and troops are headed to the convention center to take aid including food, water and medicine to the 15,000 people stranded there!

They need to take more than aid... they need to take a big old truck old of ass kickin'

ETA... maybe that IS what they're sending
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Evidently, they are sending the badasses that just arrived today from Arkansas in this convoy. This is a battle hardened unit that just returned from Iraq. The reporter was saying the commanding general was having to tell the guys to poiint their guns down, that they weren't in Iraq. Evidently these troops are ready for action!

If any gang bangers challenge them, they likely wind up like Al Sadr's Iraqi militia did.....cannon fodder!

Good.  Anybody starts rioting and they need to dispatched right there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#7]
They are forging through the streets instead of forging across a river. Simply amazing. There had to be some serious planning and recon before hand to pull it off. Don't want to swamp out the vehicles.

Just making the point here that you don't just drive into flooded streets because I know there are those out there who want to bitch about why they didn't do it sooner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Some CNN news reported just said something about "all this coming after the mayor of New Orleans issued a statement and gave an interview"..

I hope they don't credit this to him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Remove the cameras and reporters.

Send in the Razorbacks.

Rinse and repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Starr reporting she is standing next to 3 star general running op and directing traffic.  Sounds like the scene in Patton with George C. Scott directing traffic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
It better be one big ass convoy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#12]
How deep can HMMWV drive through before it stalls?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw what I estimate was at least 100 buses staged near the convention center as well as a massive convo of military vehicles loaded down with pallets of supplies moving in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top