Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 8:18:56 AM EDT

I really don't have the money for it, but then again I only have ammo for 6/10 of my mags.

300 miles from the action and I'm still getting a little nervous.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyday is a good day to buy ammo, and this is just another reason to take that different job
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Just steal it. Everyone else is.

Just tell the po-po that you were suffering from NDSD. Natural disaster stress syndrome.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]

You guys are joking about this but this is a serious situation that YOU are not facing. WE ARE.

PLEASE go buy some today! All members that is, do it for the children.

Every store in a 100 mile radius of Baton Rouge is sold out of ALL AMMO AND GUNS!

My stash is starting to feel the burden of friends who are now asking to borrow guns and ammo. same friends would make comments about my gear when we went shooting and they pulled out their 1 mag and 40 rounds for their grandpaws pistol.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Stock up on ammo, water, canned food & most importantly GAS. I feel that a major crisis is coming soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought 1k rounds of 7.62 Tok, rice, beans, MREs, Water, purification tablets, a new shotty, and I'm heading towards NO.  I got a job waiting on me.  this is not going to be good, I guess I may as well be in teh middle of it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes,buy all the ammo,food and store as much water as you can afford.I hope I am wrong,but IMHO this is just the beginning of some rough times
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I really don't have the money for it, but then again I only have ammo for 6/10 of my mags.

6 of 10 isn't even a quorum. I hope the Survival Forum guys don't hear about this.

I may scoot down to Gadsden Sat and pick up some American Select to reload 9mm. I've opened my last container and feel a little squirrely when I don't have one in reserve. Probably need some primers as well. Or just wait till I go down on bidnez and let the company pick up the gas tab.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm also going to stock up on ammo at lunch.

Food:  We've got a couple months worth, maybe a little more.

Water:  We've got enough for a week or more.  As soon as I'm able I'm going to fill our two 50 gallon water barrels.  Maybe I'll work on that tonight.

Gas:  Just filled the van and have an extra 5 gallon container I just filled before prices spiked.

Once I pick up some more ammo I'll feel like I can breathe a little better.

Going to check on the 72 hour kit (family BOB) tonight and take inventory.

Oh, mental note to self, pick up some more propane tanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

6 of 10 isn't even a quorum. I hope the Survival Forum guys don't hear about this.

6 of 10 is ok for a pistol but how many loaded rifle mags do you have. Should be at least 30 with a few thousand extra rounds for backup.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You guys are joking about this but this is a serious situation that YOU are not facing. WE ARE.

Every store in a 100 mile radius of Baton Rouge is sold out of ALL AMMO AND GUNS!

My stash is starting to feel the burden of friends who are now asking to borrow guns and ammo. same friends would make comments about my gear when we went shooting and they pulled out their 1 mag and 40 rounds for their grandpaws pistol.

And they all came running to you right?

Great friends ya got there.

Arming family I understand.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm covered.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#12]

bought some ammo and saw something interesting on my way out that maybe one of you could shed your expertise on:

Egyptian(?) 7mm Mauser (7x57?), scoped, looks like someone's baby, that they are trying to get rid of for ~$100.  Is that a good buy?  I currently have no scoped piece.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TOO LATE!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everyday is a good day to buy ammo, and this is just another reason to take that different job

dpmmn, do you have enough ammo to keep your mags loaded?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tell them you'll keep their wife/girlfriend as collateral until they return...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#16]
hmmm 7mm is kinda expensive ammo isn't it??

were is Taxman and his Ammo fort when you need.

Disassemble...no disassemble...

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hmmm 7mm is kinda expensive ammo isn't it??

were is Taxman and his Ammo fort when you need.

Disassemble...no disassemble...

Essayons

good idea
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#18]
NEVER let your stock get below 5k rounds
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I added 200 rds of .45 JHP and 300 rounds of 9mm JHP to my cart this morning while shopping.  Too bad Walmart no longer has those .223 value packs.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Every store in a 100 mile radius of Baton Rouge is sold stole out of ALL AMMO AND GUNS!

At least in some places!  Keep your head down and your powder dry and be safe!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
bought some ammo and saw something interesting on my way out that maybe one of you could shed your expertise on:

Egyptian(?) 7mm Mauser (7x57?), scoped, looks like someone's baby, that they are trying to get rid of for ~$100.  Is that a good buy?  I currently have no scoped piece.

Be careful.  7x57 round is a great round ,readily available but a lot of 7x57 milsurps are shot out.

I bought a nice looking surplus sporter rifle as part of a lot and it won't group. I've HEARD that's common. ask about return policy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Bought  2000 rounds of 9mm at lunch today.  

Just trying to do my part.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Damn, bro. You don't have enough ammo to fill your (only?) ten mags?

I get nervous if training brings the cupboard down to a couple thousand for the MBR...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I get nervous if training brings the cupboard down to a couple thousand for the MBR...

hey, ten is good for a poor colelge student and his poor college wife...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Is buying ammo from Ammoman or other internet source risky now?  What if UPS runs out of gas?

Shok
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Got 2k 7.62x39 from Cabelas yesterday and 2k from Sportsman's guide last week.

I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey, ten is good for a poor colelge student and his poor college wife...

Ahhh...gotcha. Hang in there!

P.S.
Don't buy the $100 bolt gun. Spend the $100 on magazines and/or ammo for your existing Looter Shooter. Better to have one platform that's completely up to speed than 10 that are "so-so".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Is buying ammo from Ammoman or other internet source risky now?  What if UPS runs out of gas?

Shok

doubt UPS will run dry, expect shipping rates to climb a bit though...

Ammoman is closed for the Holiday weekend... link

who has what at the moment

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Just wait for a power outage and then hit your local China-mart.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ammo up what you have. Then expand. I'm assuming you have a spare parts kit for your current firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top