Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:41:12 AM EDT
I have a Muslim friend who in our Email discussions yesterday mentioned through the storm he thought God was trying to tell us all something.

I wrote back and said something to the effect of, "What I think will be interesting to see is what countries come to our aid?  When they need help they feel it's our duty to help them. When hardships come our way they think we deserve it.

He stopped writing back.  Now I see the UN and some other countries are saying they are going to give us help... so did I just seriously screw up and put my foot in my mouth?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
who cares. You have your feelings. and if they cant take it, F' em.

By the Way, you just wasted your 5.56 post.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have stopped writing as soon as he said God was trying to tell us something. What was ment by that statement. That the T he United States deserved this?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You "wondered" and asked a provacative question with some sarcasm - you're safe.

Truth hurts.  Don't worry about the 5.56 post, I can't remember mine, nor would I care to try.

Now the 10,000.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
did I just seriously screw up and put my foot in my mouth?

No. You put his foot in his mouth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would have stopped writing as soon as he said God was trying to tell os something.What was ment by that.That the United States deserved this?

+1. HIS implication ws incredibly offensive (to me anyway). If I were you, I would have told him to fuck off and die. I think you were very restrained.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe God wants us to invade another Muslim country?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You "wondered" and asked a provacative question with some sarcasm - you're safe.

Truth hurts.  Don't worry about the 5.56 post, I can't remember mine, nor would I care to try.

Now the 10,000.....

I cant wait for my 5.56 post.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Your response should have been "What was Allah trying to tell us when He used the tsunami to kill all those Muslims in Indonesia?"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Your response should have been "What was Allah trying to tell us when He used the tsunami to kill all those Muslims in Indonesia?"

ah...that would have been a great retort indeed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I wrote back and said something to the effect of, "What I think will be interesting to see is what countries come to our aid?  When they need help they feel it's our duty to help them. When hardships come our way they think we deserve it.

Hmmmmmmmm! Bingo!

It's just another one of those facts that the rest of the world, aka recipents of U.S. money, just don't want to discuss!  

No offense but it doesn't sound like your friend is much of a .... friend!  

Sorry but I've been in similar situations myself...it's sad but all too often true!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top