Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2001 12:15:34 PM EDT
I just saw this pic on Castle's website -

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/accessories/mount-grip-b.jpg[/img]

Wouldn't the LEGP have made an awesome AR pistol!!

G&B or Anti, please give us a larger pic of this to drool over!!  Maybe edit a AK 74 muzzle brake or Vortex f. hider on to the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
only a 5 doller tax stamp thu
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course, an AOW is an NFA item, with all that entails...
View Quote

Yeah, I know about NFA stuff, those thoughts run through my mind from time to time but I just don't like the paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
isnt the barrel a little short to be legal? or is it just cut out of the picture? and the stock?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
isnt the barrel a little short to be legal? or is it just cut out of the picture? and the stock?
View Quote
its a ar15 AOW hence a pistol with a foward hand grip. so u would need to go thru a class 3 dealer and pay your 5 doller tax get a cleo sign off. get fingerprinted send in forms and wait.

or just do a form 1 pay 200 bucks for teh tax stamp and make one yourself from a stripped lower that never had a butstock on it
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, there is no such thing as an "AOW" where AR's are concerned...  It is Class-III, period.  

$200 tax stamp for a Pre-86, or risk the possibility of 10 years and/or a up to a $250k fine. Stupid law, but the voters allowed it to pass!

Hmmmmm...  Come to think of it, we have a C3 SOT and a good friend is a C2 Manufacturer.  Just add the auto-sear and a Beat-C mag, and we're good to go!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually, there is no such thing as an "AOW" where AR's are concerned...  It is Class-III, period.  

$200 tax stamp for a Pre-86, or risk the possibility of 10 years and/or a up to a $250k fine. Stupid law, but the voters allowed it to pass!

Hmmmmm...  Come to think of it, we have a C3 SOT and a good friend is a C2 Manufacturer.  Just add the auto-sear and a Beat-C mag, and we're good to go!  [:D]
View Quote

yeah there is take a stipped lower that was never was rifle ie a ar15 style  pistol add a forward hand grip instant ar 15 AOW some of the members on here have down it. after filing form ones of course
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I gues I should throw this awat then...

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/StevenCHill/m96AOW.jpg[/img]

Just kidding [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top