Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:24:41 AM EDT
Most of the threads lately deal with the scum in N.O. and the unbelievable actions in that town.

However, watching the news last night, I saw a few stories that made me realize what I already knew, but was not focused on.

There are many, many more good people there trying to do the right thing and helping each other through this tragedy.

It is amazing how a small percentage of the population can form a perception of everyone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You are right, actually I am sure the good people far outweigh the bad. Unfortunately the bad make up a high percentage of those who stayed behind, and of course there is our illustrious media, who take glee in reporting the bad things.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point.  There were some postiive stories on MSNBC and Fox last night.  Compared to the looting and overcrowded shelter scenes it looked like two different worlds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I try to remind myself of this as I am watching the news.  I know of a great team of medical people in the dome yet I have not seen them on the news.

I am 100% sure that when finding someone to speak on camera, the reporter will seek out the most unintelligible, uneducated, "the goverment is not taking care of me" person they can find.  

The press loves to paint this picture...they must , because it seems to be all I am seeing here.  Sad!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't help believe that if the majority of the people in N.O. were white there would be alot more compasion from some on this site.
Every hurricane we see interviews with plenty of people in Florida who decide to ride it out and get lucky.In most cases the people in previous hurricanes who stay are capable of leaving if they choose.Alot of these people in N.O. dont have cars or money to get the whole family on a bus before this happened.Are there "Animals" taking advantage of this situation?Plenty as can be seen on the news,but there are alot more people who made a tragic choice to stay or couldnt afford to leave.These are mostly good,decent ,poor people who are AMERICANS.
They send their sons and daughters to war to defend this country  like everyone else and deserve our help.I am disgusted by alot of the racial remarks  and +1's in some of the threads on this site.
I am a conservative,republican,American and I am disgraced at the way the local and federal governments have handled this.
I'm sorry to vent but reading some posts in other threads really got my blood boiling.I think the majority of people on this site are caring and compasionate but we appear to have our share of "Animals" ourself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can't help believe that if the majority of the people in N.O. were white there would be alot more compasion from some on this site.
Every hurricane we see interviews with plenty of people in Florida who decide to ride it out and get lucky.In most cases the people in previous hurricanes who stay are capable of leaving if they choose.Alot of these people in N.O. dont have cars or money to get the whole family on a bus before this happened.Are there "Animals" taking advantage of this situation?Plenty as can be seen on the news,but there are alot more people who made a tragic choice to stay or couldnt afford to leave.These are mostly good,decent ,poor people who are AMERICANS.
They send their sons and daughters to war to defend this country  like everyone else and deserve our help.I am disgusted by alot of the racial remarks  and +1's in some of the threads on this site.
I am a conservative,republican,American and I am disgraced at the way the local and federal governments have handled this.
I'm sorry to vent but reading some posts in other threads really got my blood boiling.I think the majority of people on this site are caring and compasionate but we appear to have our share of "Animals" ourself.

What a load of "sensitive" whiney bullshit.

So, if anyone says anything about the ones doing the shooting, they are racist, but you can make a stupid remark like this and no one will call you racist.

Listen bub, it's the ones doing the shooting that are keeping the rescue efforts stifled.

What a load of drivel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't help believe that if the majority of the people in N.O. were white there would be alot more compasion from some on this site. Please, what a crock, the people of NO have plenty of compassion from everyone here, the fucking savages roaming, looting, plundering, pillaging, and raping get none
Every hurricane we see interviews with plenty of people in Florida who decide to ride it out and get lucky.In most cases the people in previous hurricanes who stay are capable of leaving if they choose.Alot of these people in N.O. dont have cars or money to get the whole family on a bus before this happened.Thats a BS excuse, they were trying to get them to eveacuate, and were offering rides on busses outAre there "Animals" taking advantage of this situation? Plenty as can be seen on the news,but there are alot more people who made a tragic choice to stay or couldnt afford to leave.These are mostly good,decent ,poor people who are AMERICANS.
They send their sons and daughters to war to defend this country  like everyone else and deserve our help.I am disgusted by alot of the racial remarks  and +1's in some of the threads on this site.Dude, open your eyes, it is not our fault that 99% of the looters and criminals doing the shit down there are black, how can you argue with what you see?
I am a conservative,republican,American and I am disgraced at the way the local and federal governments have handled this.Well, I'm for making you in charge, I am sure you will do a much better job...sorry they don't have transporter technology to materialize the shit there fast enough for you, how about some blame on that POS mayor, doesn't seem like NO had much of a disaster plan or contigency...but then again, typical of a Dem...he expects someone else to take care of him
I'm sorry to vent but reading some posts in other threads really got my blood boiling.I think the majority of people on this site are caring and compasionate but we appear to have our share of "Animals" ourself. Hard to believe your are a conservative, you sound like a lib...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Most of the threads lately deal with the scum in N.O. and the unbelievable actions in that town.

However, watching the news last night, I saw a few stories that made me realize what I already knew, but was not focused on.

There are many, many more good people there trying to do the right thing and helping each other through this tragedy.

It is amazing how a small percentage of the population can form a perception of everyone.

Very well spoken brother.

A few bad people will ruin any city or community.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I can't help believe that if the majority of the people in N.O. were white there would be alot more compasion from some on this site..

WHY do you folks always play the race card?

Rapists, murders, child molesters, looters deserve NO quarter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
There are some good people there.  Hospital workers, doctors, nurses, police officers, etc. who sould be lauded for their noble efforts.  They're doing everything they can...we should be thankful such people do exist.  
Makes a cynic like myself do some second guessing...until I see the looters
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If they act like animals I call them animals. Race has nothing to do with it for me

ususally the liberals and democrats who make this a race issue.

I give your thread as an example of typical liberal racism. Always turning everythin into a race issue. Liberals are the true isolationalists.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I can't help but believe you're a troll.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't help believe that if the majority of the people in N.O. were white there would be alot more compasion from some on this site..

WHY do you folks always play the race card?

Does  "you Folks" refer to Yankees,Republicans,or Americans?

Rapists, murders, child molesters, looters deserve NO quarter.

And when did I say they Did?Shoot on sight works for me.
I think the race issue was played long before I responded to some threads.
My God wont let me paint a broad a brush as your god i guess.
Where do you get your edited copy of the bible?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
If it bleeds it leads.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes you think I'm a troll?
I simply responded to a post with my thoughts,I'm sorry they differ from yous .
I'm sorry I dont have a high post count ,I'm sorry I didnt find this site before 2003,
I have found alot of useful info on this site and I am thankful for the help I have gotten regarding firearms but I am not a whiner and most defenitely not a du troll or liberal though I am stuck on an island up here.
Good Luck to you and yours!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if anyone says anything about the ones doing the shooting, they are racist, but you can make a stupid remark like this and no one will call you racist.

Listen bub, it's the ones doing the shooting that are keeping the rescue efforts stifled.

What a load of drivel.

Please dont misquote me,I dont care if snipers split the heads of looetrs and rapsits like melons.
I only care about the innocent people that"SOME" people have lumped in with the looters and thieves.

PS- Nice pitcure!
God Bless and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact you JUST called most people here racists.  You're a troll, trying to evince a response by posting something idiotic and inflammatory.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact you JUST called most people here racists.  You're a troll, trying to evince a response by posting something idiotic and inflammatory.

Ok - point me to where I said "MOST" people here are racsist.
Please dont change my words to try and prove your argument .
Please read my posts slowly if needed to see exactly what I wrote.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a load of drivel.

Please dont misquote me,I dont care if snipers split the heads of looetrs and rapsits like melons.
I only care about the innocent people that"SOME" people have lumped in with the looters and thieves.

PS- Nice pitcure!
God Bless and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY

I did not misquote you.  What is in blue are your word exactly.

The pic is my grandson.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I can't help but believe that if the majority of the people in N.O. were white, we wouldn't be seeing quite the same shit we're seeing now.

OK I'm waiting for the racist label.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If it wern't for them I'd of wished N.O. to be destroyed brick by brick.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry-I should have been more specific,I was talking about this paragraph:
"So, if anyone says anything about the ones doing the shooting, they are racist, but you can make a stupid remark like this and no one will call you racist."

As I stated before I have no compasion or tolerance for the thugs looting,killing and raping.
I hope they get everything they deserve from the troops on the ground or the man up stairs

Your grandson is lucky to know his grandpa!
Have a great weekend.
Tim
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The bad guys make the news, it is that simple.

The thing that sucks the most is they are still there to take footage of.
I pray they restore order soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Having dealt with the site chaos for the last three days I agree completely with the above statement. LarryG, he clearly said "some on this site"--he did NOT say everyone, or any kind of majority even. RIF

Thanks TBK-Thats all I meant,I like this site alot and there are a vast majority of good people with good intentions here.
I never stated or meant to imply any different.

Now I just got to sneak the membership fee past the MRS. . so I wont get called a DU Troll anymore
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top