Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 5:28:22 AM EDT
"The food was "slop." Officials threw bottles of water for people to catch, he said. He recalled sick, elderly people being ignored and said he saw a 14-year-old girl being raped."

Story
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
"The food was "slop." Officials threw bottles of water for people to catch, he said. He recalled sick, elderly people being ignored and said he saw a 14-year-old girl being raped."

Story

We can't be suprised by this.

Government in the US is not meant to control people. Our entire society functions based on the overwhelming majority of people doing as they should do.

When you get a situation like this one and people stop doing the right thing, government is powerless to stop them unless they resort to Stalinist tactics.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, you're right, and I'm not surprised, but there are those who willingly report to these things, without any means of defense, thinking "Hey, it's a gov't shelter.  What could happen?"

Scott
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Story

I'd like to ask this guy, "What did you do to make it right?"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
All I have to say is that this man in the story is a piece of shit if he sat back and watched a 14yr old get raped. I dont care how many there where, I would have gone mid evil ripping out peoples throats with my teeth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Want to know how the government takes care of people? Just think of screw-ups at "child-protection" agencies. I wouldn't trust government to take care of livestock so I won't trust with people, especially relatives and friends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top