Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 4:46:01 AM EDT
Local radio here in Detroit said he didn't think NOLA would flood this bad, so they were caught of guard.  If that's true, then he is the stupidest Fucker on the planet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw the guy, he is a clueless suit.

How come these political appointees have no common sense?  

Basic truth:  If man built it, nature WILL destroy it.  It is not a matter of if, it is only a matter of when.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
He is good as gone after this is over.

GM
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Local radio here in Detroit said he didn't think NOLA would flood this bad, so they were caught of guard.  If that's true, then he is the stupidest Fucker on the planet.

Then you should be in charge, Genius!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
THE FEMA DIRECTOR SHOULD BE BANNED!

Sorry, had to do it before markm did.  

ETA, speak of the devil....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Saw the guy, he is a clueless suit.

How come these political appointees have no common sense?  

For the same reason that a peanut farmer gets sent to Washington and immediately he is an expert in Foreign Policy, Domestic Affairs, Economics, Insurance, Unemployment etc.

Moving to Washington D.C. automatically makes you an expert on everything.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Just about every one in charge is fucking worthless. Just in case you havent seen it.

The govenor and the mayor both made asses out of themselfs in a single day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just about every one in charge is fucking worthless. Just in case you havent seen it.

I fucking thought your were fucking going to fucking sleep.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:28:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No, that would be the idiots who refused to leave NO when told to do so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
The President has termed his response "unnacceptable".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

For the same reason that a peanut farmer gets sent to Washington and immediately he is an expert in Foreign Policy, Domestic Affairs, Economics, Insurance, Unemployment etc.

Moving to Washington D.C. automatically makes you an expert on everything.  

You mean a peanut farmer who attended the USNA, was a nuclear engineer and served as governor of Georgia?

By your standard, a coke snorting ivy league silver spooned boozehound is our president.  Tell the whole story and don't propagandize like a liberal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#11]
He claims they had no idea there were people who were not getting help and only found out last evening, and that he heard about them on the news.    I thought every city was to have an emergency plan?  I don't claim to be an authority on anything, but this just sounds like BS to me.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fucking thought your were fucking going to fucking sleep.

I fucking can't to fucking wond up like a fucking 2 dollar whore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:34:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, that would be the idiots who refused to leave NO when told to do so.

And the idiots that built a damn city in an area that keeps sinking further below sea level.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a big piece of news for everyone:

Hindsight is 20/20.

If everyone thinks that this level of devestation was so obviously going to happen, why the fudge weren't some of you hollering about how bad it would be prior to the actual storm??

Show us your crystal ball and tell us what is going to happen a month from now.

Otherwise....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hindsight is 20/20.

If everyone thinks that this level of devestation was so obviously going to happen, why the fudge weren't some of you hollering about how bad it would be prior to the actual storm??

Otherwise....

They fucking said this would happen before the storm, the people in charge. Just no one really acted. They said this storm could destroy NO but when it started to turn everyone got to happy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#16]
what the fuck is he doing on good morning america? isn't he supposed to be working and helping people?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Otherwise....

hmmm lets think about that...... city's built right next to a fucking lake, and next to a river. category four storm headed this way..

PLUS it's 8 feet under sea level.... 8 feet under sea level, close to the ocean, right next to a big lake and a river headed out to sea..... and big fucking hurricane coming right at it. you do the math.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Otherwise....

No, you HAD a coastal city in a hurricane prone area that was built Below sea level.  Protected from flooding by earthen dikes and pumps.  This is the absolute height of stupidity in my book.

Absolutely NO ONE in their right mind would believe N.O. could survive a direct hurricane hit.  The city should have been abandoned years ago, as should ALL cities in similar situations now.

I believed this 10 years ago, no crystal ball needed.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm, Category 5 hurricane that covers almost the entire gulf of mexico with waves 55 ft in the center vs. 15 ft levees to protect a city below sea level?

He didn't see a potential disaster coming?

Even when the EMA director of NOLA said worst case is 40,000 dead? He needs to find another excuse, if you can't take the heat get out of the firebox (steam locomotive).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Otherwise....

Don't need a crystal ball to know what was going to happen in NO. There have been reports and write ups on the very disaster in NO for years!!!  As I mentioned in another thread Discovery channel, The learning Channel, National Geographaic has had specials denoting the very danger that transpired in NO for the last 15 years at least.

These were not your usual doom and gloom shit may happen bullshit stories, but had actual on the ground research to back up their predictions, and just so you know. It ALL went down EXACTLY as they said it would.

So you see it's not like no one knew. It's just that no one LISTENED!!!......

As a side note, sometimes the boobtube is good for more than Dukes of Hazard re-runs and Chumpionship Wrastling!!!......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hmmm, Category 5 hurricane that covers almost the entire gulf of mexico with waves 55 ft in the center vs. 15 ft levees to protect a city below sea level?

Even when the EMA director of NOLA said worst case is 40,000 dead? He needs to find another excuse, if you can't take the heat get out of the firebox (steam locomotive).

No, I am sure he saw a problem on the way.

What NOBODY saw was just how bad the problem would be, and just how desperate the situation would get with all the looting and shooting.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Posted By uncle_frank:
Local radio here in Detroit said he didn't think NOLA would flood this bad, so they were caught of guard. If that's true, then he is the stupidest Fucker on the planet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then you should be in charge, Genius!

I think most of us would do a far better job.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#23]
The state and local officials completely screwed the pooch.  Now the disaster has exploded into a national nightmare and many are blaming Bush.  With any of these disasters, there are certain protocols that must be followed.  If the morons at the scene don't follow the right procedures, the entire process turns to shit.  Had the mayor of NO marshalled his forces earlier and made stronger attempts to get his people out, with bus trains and armed officers pushing the carless poor out; had the dumbass guv taken all measures to mitigate the problem before the storm actually smashed evertything to bits...had they both hollered for help early, maybe the scope of this disaster might have been reduced.

Now...?

And yes...the FEMA boss seems to be a complete 'tard.  I mean...who the fuck is in charge anyway?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I hit up the Army Corps of Engineers website for old news related to the New Orleans district.  It seems that everything was hunky dory according to them even going back to 1998 with hurricane Geroges which caused power outages and some flooding.  

I am trying to find data on why everyone is blaming Bush for cutting funding but right now everything I have found says that its all good and was under control with the systems in place.  Just go to This link and read about how the corps public statements seem to show that they have plenty of control over the situation going back to 1997.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I am sure he saw a problem on the way.

What NOBODY saw was just how bad the problem would be, and just how desperate the situation would get with all the looting and shooting.

You've got to be kidding me.  It's called disaster planning.  For a city that below sea level, 75% surround by water, essentially a seaside town, with a CAT 4/5 coming.  HOW COULD ONE NOT PLAN FOR THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING WORSE CASE?  This isn't a hindsight critique, its having foresight.  A storm of biblical proportions...maybe.    Ineptitude of biblical proportions....ABSOLUTELY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top