Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 3:14:15 AM EDT
I hate to say this, but this proves the idea of having SHTF supplies.  Granted, you might have to do some diving in your own house to get your ammo can, but at least you'd be able to defend yourself from looters.  Figure that most if not all the street gangs and criminal element stayed in NO.  The honest law abiding people weren't worried about taking their guns (if they had them) to shelters.  They were just trying to stay alive.  Now, the criminals have unarmed people to exploit and out number the police force.  I saw one report from the converntion center that they were stealing water and selling it back to the people they stole it from for $5 a bottle.  

I can understand and even condone people looting food and water to survive.  I just haven't figured out how jewelry and electronics do anything.  Unless maybe you trade that with other looters for food and water.

These armed gangs need to be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They will be shot on site once thw AR NG gets in.. Thats there orders.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like today or tomorrow, they are to let fly with the serious stuff.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#3]

I hate to say this, but this proves the idea of having SHTF supplies....

shame it takes an event like this to "'prove"' that folks need to have aplan and to be prepared!
but what  do i know,, i always have my foil on...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Just had this conversation with my wife last night.  I said "see, this is the reason the RKBA is so important" and even though her eyes usually just gloss over with "yeah, stop reading so much ARFCOM it's rotting your brain" look ( ) yesterday she just nodded in agreement.

Don't get me wrong, she's a strong Republican, shares my gun rights views, but just isn't a big SHTF believer.  I think I might weasel a generator out of this deal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top