Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 3:10:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as I can still BUY the gas I think it will be no problem.  

PLEASE DON'T RUN OUT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I just wonder if capitalism is going the way of the dodo bird in America.

The hardwork eithic and can do attitude is replaced by "immie gimmie, help me help me"
Sad and it will come out of my pay check.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Everything that ever happens is Bushs fault
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
We already know from 2004 that 49% of the country is comprised of idiots and morons, so this poll isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
When the presidents party holds the whitehouse, congress, and senate, then it is perfectly acceptable to place blaim there.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I blame myself and all of you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Oly, I figured you'd be the first to scream it's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#8]
He is, he probably voted for him and now is blaming himself for putting him in office along with anyone else here who voted.

Sorry, I'm just not that concerned.  I don't have a lot of money but I somehow keep coming up with ways to get gasoline by paying for it at a gas statoin.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Shouldn't the president have some fault here?  Energy is a Pretty Important Thing (tm), and the fact that one storm can jack up fuel prices $0.75+ a gallon across the country isn't good.

Sooner or later gas prices are going to hit a point where the costs of daily goods starts increasing, which is going to cause some problems.

If the energy companies are running at max, which I've heard they are, then are they at fault?  Certainly we need more refining capability.  If people won't have it built here in the USA, why not have an American owned refinery in Mexico?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I blame President GW Bush for not eliminating the EPA, OSHA, corporate income tax, dividend tax, foreign aid, and all the other BS regulations/expenditures/agencies that hinder our access to cheap gas.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I blame myself and all of you.

Thats a new twist for you.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#12]
HALLELUAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted:
Yes, I blame President GW Bush for not eliminating the EPA, OSHA, corporate income tax, dividend tax, foreign aid, and all the other BS regulations/expenditures/agencies that hinder our access to cheap gas.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We already know from 2004 that 49% of the country is comprised of idiots and morons, so this poll isn't too bad.

That was kind of my first thought too... numbers didn't seem too bad.

Now we have to make it our mission to ensure that this roughly 20% of the population doesn't breed, vote, become teachers, or get elected into office.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, none of that directly affects the cost of gas increasing from ~$1.50 on Jan 1 to ~$3.00 today.

Heck, even before the hurricane, just in the month of august, average fuel prices went from ~$1.98 to ~$2.48.  Then the hurricane hit, and we all know what happened then.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Oly, I figured you'd be the first to scream it's Bush's fault.

It's all your fault  just for that. So now I blame you!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, none of that directly affects the cost of gas increasing from ~$1.50 on Jan 1 to ~$3.00 today. Heck, even before the hurricane, just in the month of august, average fuel prices went from ~$1.98 to ~$2.48.  Then the hurricane hit, and we all know what happened then.

Sure it does! If it wasn't for all the expenses and the regulations, we would have more operating refineries and rigs that can pick up the slack. If it wasn't for the taxes we paid before hitting the pump, people would have more money to spare for gas. Oh yeah, gas taxes at the pump (a hidden income tax) are huge a factor too. Gas tax rates across the nation

After crude oil costs, taxes are the second largest contributor to the price paid at the pump. Together Federal and State excise taxes on fuel account for an average cost of approximately 62 cents per gallon. Note: Federal tax of 18.4 cents/gallon is not included in the rates listed below.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a shame they don;t understand its really the democrat's fault.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Well we knew the 47% of so that voted for Kerry were not too bright.  Now we know for certain that at least 23% of our people are absolute, believe anything they read or hear fools.  Poor America.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#19]
So, 77% of Americans do not blame President Bush for gas prices.

80% of Americans do not blame oil companies for gas prices.

Sounds like the majority of Americans are pretty bright.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So, 77% of Americans do not blame President Bush for gas prices.

80% of Americans do not blame oil companies for gas prices.

Sounds like the majority of Americans are pretty bright.

So who is to blame of soaring energy costs?  The consumer because of supply and demand?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top