Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:31:46 PM EDT
Actually, I guess this could apply to any forum, not just Arfcom.

How does one get to be a mod? Do the other mods just pick regular posters that look like good candidates and randomly offer them a position, or is there a sort of online application process? Or are all the mods friends of the site owner (who is that, anyways?) that got the job via their connections? Or are the mods part of a clandestine organization that was an offshoot of the Masons that is secretly in control of the entire internet (as opposed to the Freemasons controling the world)?

Or none of the above?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There's rumors that you have to be very nice to a certain goat. In all honestly I think it helps if you're at least a team member.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There's rumors that you have to be very nice to a certain goat. In all honestly I think it helps if you're at least a team member.

Patty

Team member at least, yes, obvisously.

This topic didn't come up as a backdoor way of asking "can I have mod powers too, mommy? Pleeease?". It's just a question that's always been in the back of my mind when I see a mod lock or move something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
oops.

Uh I think there's a minimum number of locked threads involved too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Team member at least, yes, obvisously.

This topic didn't come up as a backdoor way of asking "can I have mod powers too, mommy? Pleeease?". It's just a question that's always been in the back of my mind when I see a mod lock or move something.

I don't know.  No one has ever asked me Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top