Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 9:17:30 PM EDT
I thought I heard on the radio they did?  If so, nice priorities.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
One thing is for sure is that is wasn't a home game.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
One thing is for sure is that is wasn't a home game.

I believe they played Oakland?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Not home.  First home game is the 18th and will be played in San Antonio as this NFL-class stadium has no home team...officially.

Since the Saint's owner is a San Antonio native, expect a whol lot of games to be played in San Antonio.

WAHOO!!! San Antonio FINALLY has NFL!  sorry, couldn't help but imagine what Henry "Cheating with Linda Medlar while my wife is pregnant" Cisneros is thinking...(he pushed for the Alamo Dome yet couldn't deliver a team)

San Antonio Saints has a ring to it...we have the minor league baseball team called the Missions and the Spurs have the lowest "thug coefficient" in the NBA.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
NFL said no home games for the Saints. Looks like all their "home" games will be played in TX.
So much for season tickets in the dome
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NFL said no home games for the Saints. Looks like all their "home" games will be played in TX.

Season tickets will be honored in the Alamo Dome!  We have more parking and no issues like Houston.  They could hold the games in the Astro Dome IF it wasn't a refugee depot AND there was no interference with Reliant Stadium parking.

Come on down to the "Dillo Dome".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Season tickets will be honored in the Alamo Dome!  We have more parking and no issues like Houston.  They could hold the games in the Astro Dome IF it wasn't a refugee depot AND there was no interference with Reliant Stadium parking.

They built a dome and no team? Who was that genius.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't that the same mentality for the BaseBall Hall of Fame?

Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't that the same mentality for the BaseBall Hall of Fame?

Patty

cooperstown? you lost me
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Henry "I'm banging my mistress Linda Medlar while my wife is in a difficult pregnancy" Cisneros.  You know, the former HUD Secretary for William "I diddled Monica Lewinsky with a cigar" Clinton.

It has NEVER had an NFL team.  And it was a crappy arena for the Spurs.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

From what I've heard on the news it is actually the sinners who are playing tonite in NO.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
"If you build it they will come"  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I've heard on the news it is actually the sinners who are playing tonite in NO.

No, it was the Players who were sinning in NO tonight.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

while the REAL saints weep...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#14]
You'd think they wouldn't have played a game out of respect.  I guess not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks as though from their website they played and lost.  Go figure.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Why, none other than our local Golden Boy and Hispanic Standard-Bearer for the Democratic Party, of course!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top