Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 9:04:34 PM EDT
Could this storm, and the apparent resultant gas shortages, be the catalyst that brings it back to a buyers market?
I know of people "flipping" and need to flip to pay off loans they cannot afford otherwise.
I know people that bought a little for a whole lot and now feel wary
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
No speculators huh?

I know of people paying $350 to $500 last month for SMUD (electrical) in california.  I don't think people will want to sink serious cash into bigger/expensive housing with utilities like that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I don’t see how a million people without homes and needing homes could cause housing price to collapse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#3]
1400 sq ft. home for 450K in san deigo, (that kind of shit)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don’t see how a million people without homes and needing homes could cause housing price to collapse.

If anything, the housing market will get hotter.  Rebuilding all those homes will cause a steep increase in the cost of building houses.  Existing property values will go up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If anything, the housing market will get hotter.  Rebuilding all those homes will cause a steep increase in the cost of building houses.  Existing property values will go up.

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#6]
This morning I heard that housing costs in Baton Rouge have gone up 100K in the last 4 days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
1400 sq ft. home for 450K in san deigo, (that kind of shit)

You can buy 4 nice 1400 sq. ft homes here for that and pocket $50,000.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top