Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 6:49:06 PM EDT
Two screaming libs baited me today at work. Both saying something like Bush is more concerned with what is going on 5,ooo miles away than what is going in our own back yard.

Both times I looked them in the eye and said: "Anyone who would bring politics into this tragedy ought to be ashamed of themselves."

Neither one had a word to say. They turned and walked away.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Gotta love it.

+1  good work
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I mean fuck, he did invent that hurricane.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Two screaming libs baited me today at work. Both saying something like Bush is more concerned with what is going on 5,ooo miles away than what is going in our own back yard.

Both times I looked them in the eye and said: "Anyone who would bring politics into this tragedy ought to be ashamed of themselves."

Neither one had a word to say. They turned and walked slithered away.

Good for you!  Poke 'em in the eye every chance you get!  BTW, I fixed your post for free.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That was a smart move
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
These are a couple guys who know I'm a staunch consernative and never let an opportunity go by to try and wind me up. One of 'em is from Mass. and STILL worships Kennedy!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a similare incident today.  A chick I work with said "What is Bush doing to help these people"

I replied,

"What do you want him to do, strap on a red cape fly around and  pass out twinkies to these folks"

She said she did not know.

Typical.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't we just all get along?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
you made a good point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a bit different but still shitty.

These guys were positively trying to get me to argue based on politics in the face of the biggest national tragedy our nation has ever faced.
Sickening.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny that when the war for Iraq started those people said it was terrible for the president to do anything for oil.  Now they want the president of the United States to micro manage a gas shortage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Owned
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I take it that these two people don't like you very well at all
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it that these two people don't like you very well at all

Usually, we get along quite well. One guy, I do ''the dance'' with because we have to trust each other with our lives and work together. I know who I'm dealing with at all times though.
The other guy, he's harmless.

The really shitty thing is ALL THESE PEOPLE, and there are more of them, have said: "I'm going to Pooby's house if the SHTF"!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had a similare incident today.  A chick I work with said "What is Bush doing to help these people"

I replied,

"What do you want him to do, strap on a red cape fly around and  pass out twinkies to these folks"

Send him my way!

Mmmm... Twinkies.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I probably would have told them "that was a really stupid, low IQ thing to say", and that their critical thinking abilities are so low that they should not try to have an opinion about anything.  And, of course, don't vote either, voting should be reserved only for those who actually can THINK.

Liberals where I worked really did not like hearing that to their faces.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah you should have added it's not about can you swim,but how long can you swim!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#19]

"I'm going to Pooby's house if the SHTF"!

Typical.  I hear this alot from the same people who laugh about me having alot of guns.  Sigh, once again nobody wants to be responsible for their own selves.  Leave the protection to someone else to provide.    Good job on handling the baiting.

Debo

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Good job Cap!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

According to some of the libs he did.

the Left has now broken (wetted?) new ground by blaming President Bush for Hurricane Katrina and all the damage that is sure to ensue
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess I'm the resident conservative at my workplace too.  Any time a liberal wants to air their grievances, they come to me.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#23]
You da man Pooby!  Good Job!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Someone on the board's response to this was "Un-invited guests will be met with flying lead," or something to that effect.  I thought it was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#25]
When I read the title of this thread, I though it was going to be about Captainpooby and two fishhooks.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Pooby you're going to need a bigger house.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm proud of you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Capt. Poopy: 1

Masters of Baiting: 0
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:08:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Good on you.  Evoking a sense of shame in a liberal is a real accomplishment.  Look at Carville- absolutely no sense of shame.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:14:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
These are a couple guys who know I'm a staunch consernative and never let an opportunity go by to try and wind me up. One of 'em is from Mass. and STILL worships Kennedy!

I guess stupid people are still breeding.

-Storm
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Tell them that Bush wanted to help ASAP, but he was waiting on a UN Resolution because Katrina is so bad it's considered an "international incident". Kafi Annan says they should have the language of the resolution cleared up by next year's session, at which point they will open it up to debate at the General Assemply.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I had to female liberal co-workers talking to me about this tragedy and they basically focused on how Bush cancelled funding to the Army Corps of engineers for better flood protection.

They wanted me to say that it was Bush's fault that the city flooded.

I just shook my head and said "I'm sure after everyone is safely resuced this will all be sorted out."

I didn't know what to say.  People are so focused on hating Bush it really disgusts me.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:13:51 AM EDT
[#33]
im sure people in the flood right now are saying,
fuck you bush look what you did tou NO.

RIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT!

Im sure the next election will come around and they will bring up "hurricane BUSH"

cuz we all know it his fault...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm nominating for CaptainPooby for a promotion to GeneralPooby.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nobody is to blame for the storm.

Libbies are to blame for the chaos after the storm.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Did you hear about the F-117 strike on the levees
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Everyone knows the rebublicans control the weather.  It's all a plot by the wealthy elite to do away the the disenfranchized masses.  Caral Rove is behind it all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#38]
NO NO NO !!  he needs to be COMMANDER  POOBY and the lost planet airmen...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1. It did come from the gulf, where ironically, Guantanimo Bay is. And it's name starts with a "K" like Koran. It's not too hard to figure out that it started from the flushing of all the korans down the toilet which Bush personally ordered. A blind man could see it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
When I read the title of this thread, I though it was going to be about Captainpooby and two fishhooks for nipple rings.
Vulcan94

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Who controls the British Crown?
Who keeps the Metric System down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Altantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do!

Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Typical.  I hear this alot from the same people who laugh about me having alot of guns.  Sigh, once again nobody wants to be responsible for their own selves.  Leave the protection to someone else to provide.    Good job on handling the baiting.

Debo

I get the same thing all the time and I usually ask them what in their mind makes them think that they would get within 100 yards of me and my house?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top