Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 6:43:01 PM EDT

Just kidding with the title, not trying to start anything. Just thought it was an interesting pic.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like West Africa
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
looks like West Africa

few hundred miles away from me.....scary thought huh?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
looks like West Africa

EXACTLY!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If you blur your eyes a bit, it is impossible to distinguish that from a war zone.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Must be out of ammo.  I don't see any smoking barrels.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you blur your eyes a bit, it is impossible to distinguish that from a war zone.  

The only thing missing is burning US flags.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Shouldn't they spread out a little. If they started to take fire they would be sitting ducks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Shouldn't they spread out a little. If they started to take fire they would be sitting ducks.

I guess it beats walking.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

no need to.

it is a war zone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Mobile checkout counter for the undocumented shoppers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be the first to say..... "Group Buy"?

That thing would rock for duck hunting!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the big lady in the moo moo is flashing gang signs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#15]
FiveO, this is really the first time I noticed your sigline...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
FiveO, this is really the first time I noticed your sigline...

Me likee.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wonder if LA would have been better off purchasing portable Water Purification trailers.

Just a thought.

So they could be shot up?

Just the next thought...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a feeling that Darwin will log a ton of overtime hours before this is over
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give it a week, Cindy Sheehan will probably show up with plenty of flags and lighters.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Hun?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Np with that, but I can buy the same shit. Now if they had some g36's and abrams I would be pissed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
www.foxnews.com/photo_essay/photoessay_577_images/090105_katrina12.jpg

Just kidding with the title, not trying to start anything. Just thought it was an interesting pic.

Yup.

Cops should be armed with squirt guns and riding Vespas.

There is no sane reason for them to have any more firepower than that, right???
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Tactical Unit???

They better practice more...

...looks like a bunched up clusterfuck to me.

They look a little under gunned too, and they have some of their fire zones left uncovered.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wonder if LA would have been better off purchasing portable Water Purification trailers.

Just a thought.

In the city where a relief truck with multiple LA State Troopers on it was attacked, then looted........... Yeah portable water purifiers would be just the ticket.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#27]

sweet.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Must be out of ammo.  I don't see any smoking MELTING barrels.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think the big lady in the moo moo is flashing gang signs.

No, more likely she's saying..."Wheres my 4 course meal, Bitches? I needs my welfare check! I'm sick of water and MRE's, I expect the gov to take care of me better...."
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I know it's a sign of duress, but I never thought I'd see this in CONUS either...

taken from drudge's main page.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Looks like a pic from a Neutral_Observer Cote'd'Ivoire threads.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're still wet....just wait.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Tactical Unit???

They look a little under gunned too, and they have some of their fire zones left uncovered.

Different tactics, new situation.

The armored vehicles are used about 95% of the time by SWAT as rolling hard cover on barricades and hostage situations. Allows you to get close to a single, known threat location without exposing yourself to gunfire too much. As the State Police agency, I would be quite supreised if they didn't have an APC around somewhere, and the LA State Police folks I have met were all pretty squared-away; like night and day when compared to NOPD.

The other 5% of the time is for riot control, where you are going for "show of force" to deter violence and law-breaking. This more closely approximates that.

Let them get shot at a few times, and their tactics will change. I think they are more concerned with staying out of the hot armored car (I don't think V-150s have AC; I know the AC on Peacekeepers doesn't work very well) and not drowning if the thing fills up with water than taking fire at this point. Even really dubm looters probably aren't going to shoot at THAT.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tactical Unit???

The armored vehicles are used about 95% of the time by SWAT as rolling hard cover on barricades and hostage situations. Allows you to get close to a single, known threat location without exposing yourself to gunfire too much. As the State Police agency, I would be quite supreised if they didn't have an APC around somewhere, and the LA State Police folks I have met were all pretty squared-away; like night and day when compared to NOPD.

The other 5% of the time is for riot control, where you are going for "show of force" to deter violence and law-breaking. This more closely approximates that.

Let them get shot at a few times, and their tactics will change. I think they are more concerned with staying out of the hot armored car (I don't think V-150s have AC; I know the AC on Peacekeepers doesn't work very well) and not drowning if the thing fills up with water than taking fire at this point. Even really dubm looters probably aren't going to shoot at THAT.

That's all fine and dandy, but in that picture:

Is any gun, or head, or set of eyes on the lady on the right pointing at them or the lady/dude standing right behind her???

What is the time to presentation for a weapon?

The picture illustrates a need for better awareness, as far a I can tell.

I mean it's not like the gangbangers haven't shot at cops or anything.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#35]
(chicken little)-the sky is falling!  Armed JBT's with automatic weapons are the standing army our founding father's feared! The sky is falling!  Damnit, I said the sky is falling and if you guys don't immediatly agree with me I'm doing a google search and reproducing a page full of obscure nothings replete with ad hominum attacks to make my point! (chicken little)

Ryann (stop the arfcom drama queens now please).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Glad to see that the SWAT team acurately reflects the racial makeup of the city!!

Thems SWAT peepals  is lookin mighty white.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
looks like West Africa

EXACTLY!!!

Why, why, you dirty racists...............................

Any way, that is what some will call you, nevermind the facts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it's a sign of duress, but I never thought I'd see this in CONUS either...

tinypic.com/bit10i.jpg

taken from drudge's main page.

Well, in the CONUS is the main place you would see it used in this manner.  This could be legitimate, some folks under siege by the gangbangers in that hellhole.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tactical Unit???

That's all fine and dandy, but in that picture:

Is any gun, or head, or set of eyes on the lady on the right pointing at them or the lady/dude standing right behind her???

What is the time to presentation for a weapon?

The picture illustrates a need for better awareness, as far a I can tell.

I mean it's not like the gangbangers haven't shot at cops or anything.

I agree that they should have better awareness and pay more attention to their surroundings. I also know that running around in all of that (necessary) crap tends to wear one out. I know that when I strap on 70+ pounds of armor, ammo and implements of mayhem, my fat old a** gets tired quickly. I'll cut them a little slack, though we would be riding on the platforms on the sides of ours and covering sectors. I wonder how suprised the locals would be if that thing came to a sudden stop, the Team Leader started yelling, and everyone dismounted and started cranking out "safety pushups" for failing to watch their sectors and maintain an alert 360-degree coverage? Nothing freaks out the neighborhood more than the SWAT guys doing pushups in the street after running a mission because they messed something up. Discipline in training and all other things pays off during times like these. Speaking of which, it is time to get my deaily run done...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I hope running the wrong tires, both sizeand tread style, is not indicative of the rest of thier maintenace program for those vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#43]
A molotov thrown from each side would take them all out.  

Not very bright.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Hun you are not going to treat us with a dose of "The end of the Republic" nonesense?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.foxnews.com/photo_essay/photoessay_577_images/090105_katrina12.jpg

I hope running the wrong tires, both sizeand tread style, is not indicative of the rest of thier maintenace program for those vehicles.

Is that a surplus M-706?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I think it's funny it has a license plate.

And the blue ring around the hatch makes it look like one of those little trampolines-looks like the guy is ready to wing it out there and then unass the vehicle onto it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#47]
That is a  state police APC right?

But the one's with guns are US military APCs?

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top