Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:48 PM EDT
Lighten up... It's peoples way of dealing with a dismal situation.

Hang around cops or combat units and you will see your share. I'm positive that 99% of the people on here feel bad about the sit.
I've seen some comments that are definately in the 1%, but making fun of the cat with the bad hair and the beer is just dark humor*.

Hey, I was born and semi raised in NOLA (and it was/is a shithole,) I got my entire family over here and they don't have shit (they are also annoying the living shit out of all of us, talk about bad house guests) and I'm not offended.

Everyone involved in this disaster has lost my respect... Except for the Military and the Coasties, in fact, the USCG seems to be the only group that has their shit together.

Carry on and and enjoy the show ! The humor lightens things up (which is very good) but in the end remember that many of those people are decent and just trying to get by.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

*That was not a racist comment.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Lighten up... It's peoples way of dealing with a dismal situation.

Hang around cops or combat units and you will see your share. I'm positive that 99% of the people on here feel bad about the sit.
I've seen some comments that are definately in the 1%, but making fun of the cat with the bad hair and the beer is just dark humor*.

Hey, I was born and semi raised in NOLA (and it was/is a shithole,) I got my entire family over here and they don't have shit (they are also annoying the living shit out of all of us, talk about bad house guests) and I'm not offended.

Everyone involved in this disaster has lost my respect... Except for the Military and the Coasties, in fact, the USCG seems to be the only group that has their shit together.
Carry on and and enjoy the show ! The humor lightens things up (which is very good) but in the end remember that many of those people are decent and just trying to get by.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

*That was not a racist comment.

As a former Coastie, I say thank you.

Semper Paratus.  Carry On.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude the shit the USCG does on a daily basis is fucking amazing. I say thank you !
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
.. Except for the Military and the Coasties, in fact, the USCG seems to be the only group that has their shit together.

You mean the Coast Guard isn't the "military"?!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.. Except for the Military and the Coasties, in fact, the USCG seems to be the only group that has their shit together.

Are you gonna make me punch you?  J/K...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you gonna make me punch you?  J/K...

Nope under DHS unless in a warzone.

I wouldn't be worried about that threat... Coasties hit like small asian drag-queens
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I have the ultimate of respect for the Coast Guard.  They are by far the...you know..."purtiest" of the armed services.   Everybody knows  they get to spend a lot of their time doing fancy shit like, I dunno, drawing lines on maps and looking through telescopes and talking on those cool radios and saying, "Roger" and stuff.

The Army doesn't get to do that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, and we get all done with the second oldest navy in the world on a budget less than 10% of what you guys in the OTHER armed services get.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, and we get all done with the second oldest navy in the world on a budget less than 10% of what you guys in the OTHER armed services get.

My really good buddy is a coastie he was telling me about how old his boat was  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My really good buddy is a coastie he was telling me about how old his boat was  

It doesn't matter how old or piss poor the boat is, it's the crew that matters.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Six years in the Coast Guard here, still on terminal leave and will be in the reserves when that ends. I was on a 40 year old boat and it was ok because we took care of it. Those Coastie flyboys will save anybody's ass no matter what it takes !!! Semper Paratus baby.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Six years in the Coast Guard here, still on terminal leave and will be in the reserves when that ends. I was on a 40 year old boat and it was ok because we took care of it. Those Coastie flyboys will save anybody's ass no matter what it takes !!! Semper Paratus baby.

Hey, Lanceman, IM sent.

BTW, the last boat (the DALLAS) I was on had two main space fires in one patrol. Let's not forget almost sinking by the pier on my last patrol thanks to a big hole in the side of the ship, but that's another story.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, Lanceman, IM sent.

BTW, the last boat (the DALLAS) I was on had two main space fires in one patrol. Let's not forget almost sinking by the pier on my last patrol thanks to a big hole in the side of the ship, but that's another story.

My buddy was on the Gallitin (spelling?) in SC He said it was old  like 1950s but it was not too big a POS
Now hes at a Loran station in the midwest
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The Coast Guard's service to this nation is exemplary.  From rescues to drug interdictions, they do it all.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top