Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 5:06:43 PM EDT
I just wantd to let everyone know that I am living north of New Orleans in Baton Rouge. We have recieved over 100,000 people in our city that are evacuees. I am working disaster staffing for the ems service here. It is unreal and very sobering mentally for me to try and comprehend everything that is going on. I have 15 people at my house and am trying unsuccessfully to keep everything up. Not only are the refugees from New Orleans experiencing difficulties but the places where these people are staying also. I for one spent my check on preparing for the storm and the needs of my family , food , water , batteries , canbles , medication , etc. My family took on other family members and are now running low on supplies. I am having to work straight nights and then during the day help with other things at home.
My wife is beginning to show  sighns of menatal strain. My landlord is calling for his money, my car insurance has lapsed. I will be able to catch up next friday when I get paid but what do I need to do in the mean time. I have exhausted all of my money until then, I need gas to get back and forth to work , I need more supplies at home for my family to eat. I have items for sale on the equpment exchange but not selling as fast as I would like.
I can say that this has taken a toll on me , my family , especially my two daughters whom one turned 14 on sunday without a party or gift and my 4 year old whom will me five on the 4th.She also will have to wait for a party and gift. I know I should have alot to be thankful for but , I wanted to share the working mans side of  the effects of  this terrible storm has not only affected new orleans but people in baton rouge.
So with that said I ask that all of you say a prayer for me and all of the other people whom are giving a helping hand in the efforts to litigate the after effects of the storm. The time we are spending away from the family and having to deal with that and the refugees that are coming to us.
I am hoping that this doesn't last much longer Menatally and financially I don't know how much longer I can last.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You got got it!

A solution you may not want to hear is, maybe its time to kick everyone out except for your family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You got got it!

A solution you may not want to hear is, maybe its time to kick everyone out except for your family.

+1  Why did you take on more people than you could possibly handle??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top