Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 4:50:50 PM EDT
Twenty aught five NavyDocs taking a little trip,
Down to New Orleans on that Navy Comfort ship.
He's takin' alot of coffee and alot of MREs.
Gonna clean up that town of New Orleans!

BOOYAAHH!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Gonna clean up that town of New Orleans!

Really?

Didn't know those things carried nukes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
God Speed and watch your 6.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck Doc!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
God Speed and watch your 6.

Danny

+1

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Godspeed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Good on ya.  I would leave my desk tomorrow to be able to climb into a cockpit and put in some long days flying SAR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
This topic has a Navy Times article on the USNS Comfort.
Count your lucky stars Doc, latte in the morning, ice cream after dinner, running water and toilet paper.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385344
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Be careful!  Good Luck and thank you.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey classmate, be careful down there if you go ashore. See if you can pack, because it's probably going to get uglier as time passes.

Keep safe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I've a few days to pack. The ship's crew is taking the boat down with all the medical personel to meet up when she gets down there!
I was told to pack my BDUs, Gore-Tex, and many pairs of dry socks! I think that is a hint that I will be ashore!  I assume that N.O. will not be the same place I remember (VERY foggily) from my week-end trips to Burbon St. when I was a wee Ensign in P-Cola many moons ago!
Will try up update once I get there......can anybody reccomend a nice compact, yet sturdy digital camera?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Have them issue you a weapon, or smuggle your own. You're going into a war zone, not Mardi Gras.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't worry....this old Marine knows the score!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
NavyDoc1: My children bought a Canon Powershot SD400 Digital Elph. Seems to work pretty good for them. I think somehting like $300(?). You'll probably need at least a 512MB mem stick.

Please be careful NOLA is a dangerous place.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Good luck Doc!
You need a washed up ol ex-AF X-Ray slinger, just holler!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Good luck Doc!

DaddyDett

Actually Daddy, I'm gonna need a good x-ray tech when I get out and start my private practice!
You can operate a flouroscope, right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
NavyDoc1: My children bought a Canon Powershot SD400 Digital Elph. Seems to work pretty good for them. I think somehting like $300(?). You'll probably need at least a 512MB mem stick.

The Elph is the way to go. I used one a while back.  Take lots of batteries (and ammo).

Be careful.

R.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck! Stay safe.    I'll buy you a beer when you get back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Elph is the way to go. I used one a while back.  Take lots of batteries (and ammo).

Be careful.

R.

Yeah forgot about the batteries. I had to shoot a friend's wedding with it, you will definitely need a couple of extra batteries. The camera is pretty small, it will easily fit in an ordinary civilian shirt pocket, probably get lost in a military BDU shirt pocket.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]
NavyDoc1: I have a friend who is a x-ray tech, but I think he knows more about radios, because some people refer to him as a radiologist.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck Doc!

DaddyDett

Actually Daddy, I'm gonna need a good x-ray tech when I get out and start my private practice!
You can operate a flouroscope, right?

C-Arm and stationary. My speciality was portable/surgical radiography, however, I spent plenty of time doing special proceedures in service and civilian life.
I did Phase 2 at the USAFA, boocoo arthrograms, knees mostly, but did a couple shoulders an ankle (OWWW) and an elbow ( double OWWWW), many myelograms etc.
Too many retrograde proceedures to count, or forget.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#21]
NavyDoc1,

If you need a good HM1, I'm game.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#22]
So doc what does one have to do to get to see a picture of you in your dress whites? You know, before you go off to the nadir of a 'war zone'?
Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#23]
wow
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So doc what does one have to do to get to see a picture of you in your dress whites? You know, before you go off to the nadir of a 'war zone'? www.fastdirectory.net/smile/smelltheflower.gif
Patty

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So doc what does one have to do to get to see a picture of you in your dress whites? You know, before you go off to the nadir of a 'war zone'? www.fastdirectory.net/smile/smelltheflower.gif
Patty

You musta been a Marine in a previous life!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Good luck. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Patty

I know this clown. He's butt ugly and the Navy dresses him funny!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

DaddyDett

Sir! Yes Sir! 6 foot 1 inch, 210 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal! Hellava stud , Sir!
(WHy yes, I AM a graduate of the Parris Island finishing school for wayward boys!)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

DaddyDett

Or a repressed house wife in my current life!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh yeah to daddy and all of the former .mil medical personel...once I get done paying my debt to society I will be making my own private practice and I will try to hire as much previous .mil as I can...keep me in mind in a few years... Seriously!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

DaddyDett

Sir! Yes Sir! 6 foot 1 inch, 210 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal! Hellava stud , Sir!
(WHy yes, I AM a graduate of the Parris Island finishing school for wayward boys!)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I meant Patty, ya ol pecker checker.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

Well if not dressed whites, tiddy whites will do.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Ah Lou...age has only....mellowed me. I may be funny lookin' but at least I'm not funny smellin'
Now, a few weeks from now, THAT may be a differant story!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

Sorry ma'am....don't wear skivvies if I can get away with it!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

Sorry ma'am....don't wear skivvies if I can get away with it!

*sigh* all right.  Stay safe. Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks Patty. Sorry to dissapoint, but I wouldn't want to get a BOTD lock on the thread!
Arrg! I've been up since 4am, but I've got to stay up 'cause Im on the nightwatch for the next couple of days and I want to be able to sleep in tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#37]
no problemo doc.  Just givin your ego a rub before you ship out.  I appreciate and respect your service to our country.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Give 'em Hell (or should I say Motrin? ) Navy DEVIL Doc!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]
GOD BLESS YOU for your service
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#40]
"What ever you do don't get off the boat man!!! Don't get off the boat!!!".......
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Godspeed and thank you for your service.

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top