Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 3:57:00 PM EDT
This is just great. Detroit mayor just stated that he will welcome any people that need help and Detroit will even furnish transportation to Detroit. He stated that there is over 300 vacant hotel rooms in Detroit they can stay in. He will also feed them. Sounds good doesn't it.

Detroit currently has a $300 million budget shortfall. In the last week they have terminated over 175 police officers and over75 firefighters, with more to come. Where in hell does he think the money come from. Detroit is already the poorest most liberal city in the country.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
"No thanks, I'll stay in New Orleans where it's safe."

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Deserter
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is just great. Detroit mayor just stated that he will welcome any people that need help and Detroit will even furnish transportation to Detroit. He stated that there is over 300 vacant hotel rooms in Detroit they can stay in. He will also feed them. Sounds good doesn't it.

Detroit currently has a $300 million budget shortfall. In the last week they have terminated over 175 police officers and over75 firefighters, with more to come. Where in hell does he think the money come from. Detroit is already the poorest most liberal city in the country.

The money will come from the Govt via Tax payers.  He'll send FEMA a bill for Costs + Shipping and handeling fees.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah!, That's what makes me proud to be from Michigan! NOT!

Our wonderful mayor and city government can't even run their own city with the few people that are left in it, let alone Kwammiii(Or howeverthefuckitsspelled!) inviting more to join in the party.

Hell! Detroit doesn't look or seem that different than New Orleans,Everyone who's smart is leaving/left, and there are no jobs, housing, good schools, or anything left in downtown Detroit either.

The real effort from Michigan is already well under way. There are many utility service crews already on their way down, and I'm seeing everyone setting up collections for the clean-up effort already.

That's how Michigan will really help, not with the (So Called) Mayor's posturing & phony gestures!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
In all fairness, it's not like Detroit can get any worse.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The money will come from the Govt via Tax payers.  He'll send FEMA a bill for Costs + Shipping and handeling fees.

YEP YEP!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
It is an election year, and Kwamee is fighting for his life. Just saying what he did could very well get him reelected...its called pandering to your base...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Moved to SE michigan 3 yrs ago and can't stand it here, failng economy, crappy gun laws, crime ridden city, dumbass elected officals.........may I go on???

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't foget the Mayor apologizing for the coruption in his adminstration.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
i heard Detroit was sending their homeless to NO
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Great; they can take in the bunch left in the 9th district.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Moved to SE michigan 3 yrs ago and can't stand it here, failng economy, crappy gun laws, crime ridden city, dumbass elected officals.........may I go on???

I agree on all of the above, except the gun laws.  Michigan may be the best, but it's far from the worst.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I agree on all of the above, except the gun laws.  Michigan may be the best, but it's far from the worst.

I just moved from Warren to Texas 6 months ago. Michigan's gun laws suck!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
jerry48430

At least he is being a human being. Money is secondary to what is needed now.

I wish all the people who could make comments about the tragedy that is going on was standing in those waters.

I have been through many disasters last being 911 and I mean searching through earthquakes and floods.
If any one thinks these people deserve any less then you would want and need if it was you then you have a right to judge.
It is easy to make Fucked up comments sitting safe, dry and cool in front of our Computers.

Detroit has it's problems but a person in charge opened his hear and his city to people that need it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Posted By uncle_frank:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree on all of the above, except the gun laws. Michigan may be the best, but it's far from the worst.

I just moved from Warren to Texas 6 months ago. Michigan's gun laws suck!

The worst part of the Michigan gun laws that suck are the so called "safety inspection" that each local city PD conducts after you buy a pistol.  Cities like Warren make a mockery of it because of their fucked up office hours that almost make you take a day off of work just to go through what should be a 5 minute process.  What is good about Michigan gun laws are that no city can make a more restrictive law that the state has on the books, like they do in Shitcago, or Ohio.  The range protection law is nice too.  If it was not for that one, my gun club would have been leveled of Condos ages ago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
jerry48430

At least he is being a human being. Money is secondary to what is needed now.

I wish all the people who could make comments about the tragedy that is going on was standing in those waters.

I have been through many disasters last being 911 and I mean searching through earthquakes and floods.
If any one thinks these people deserve any less then you would want and need if it was you then you have a right to judge.
It is easy to make Fucked up comments sitting safe, dry and cool in front of our Computers.

Detroit has it's problems but a person in charge opened his hear and his city to people that need it.

Edpmedic I am not saying anything against the victims, I agree that they need all the help they can get. But if you think Detroit is doing this out of the kindness of their heart you are mistaken.

In regards to your background I applaud your service to many other victims. I too have seen many things in my years in LE, maybe not to the extent you have, but bad neverless. I spent to many days in Detroit in 68 and I can relive it today watching TV. Not much has changed in Detroit since then. Politicians in Detroit don't change their underwear unless they get paid to do it. Within 6 months, any people that end up in Detroit will be suffering almost as bad as they are now.

Does anyone remember "oil for food".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You win  

---

Kwami Killwhitey is just looking for more votes next election cycle. And more heads so the dying city can hit the one million mark so they can qualify for federal money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#22]
more great idea's from quam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top