Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:06 PM EDT
Exactly who are these people angry at, and why?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You. They're all angry at you.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They are angry because .gov has not deliverd the Big Mac's yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They should be angry at themselves.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Exactly who are these people angry at, and why?[/quote]

Because a whole lot of them didn't bother to go out and get a job, so maybe they could've afforded a decent car to get the hell outta the city
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry the media will make it youre fault for being where you are instead of with them
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

- "You betta don't"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1 The new version of 40 acres and a mule. "I'm loving it."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry the media will make it youre fault for being where you are instead of with them

No frickin' doubt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I think they are angry at the fact that they may actually have to work to make their lives better without a freaking handout.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
What Tazaroo said!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If only white people had been forced to pay reparations to the descendants of slaves...

Then all the black people still in N.O. would have been able to get out.

You watch.  The NAACP, Revvrand Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are going to use this tragedy to push for more "reparations".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Im more pissed that law and order hasnt been resolved yet.  And second I guess I would be pissed that there isnt enough water for people to drink who may  truly be trying to get out of the area.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Gov't checks were due on the first. Those people ain't gonna get no free money for a while. They live in apartments, no flood insurance, no place to spend money and no fucking drugs to be had - nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#14]
they're angry because nobody seems to know where to send folks to get evacuated.
I person says got to the dome and someone else says go to the highway and these are officials.
I don't blame them for being angry
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Im more pissed that law and order hasnt been resolved yet.  And second I guess I would be pissed that there isnt enough water for people to drink who may  truly be trying to get out of the area.

They are not trying. They are waiting to be saved.

They could have saved themsleves by getting out when the were told to leave.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
they're angry because nobody seems to know where to send folks to get evacuated.
I person says got to the dome and someone else says go to the highway and these are officials.
I don't blame them for being angry

Who are they angry at?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

..........for living BELOW SEA LEVEL!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Plenty of trash. Even if they could've got out, where were they going to go. Pretty fair guess no one wanted them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]
They're angry because Gaia is punishing them for Bush for not signing the Kyoto Treaty and overthrowing Saddam Hussein.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing intrinsically wrong with that.  Unless, of course, your city's right next to the ocean and in a hurricane zone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#21]
They are also angry at GWB....He cut the funding to build dikes to protect a city BELOW SEA LEVEL!!

Fuck those animals....

"Weapons Free...I say again, Weapons Free..."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be willing to bet the folks in Houston are gonna be angry when these shits hit town!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#23]
What part of mandatory evac do these people not understand.  I just heard an ungrateful whitey on Fox and he says the US has a black eye cause they havent got him out of his flooded house.

I am sick of the ungreatful.  You ignore an evac command you are lucky anyone is getting out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#24]
They are angry at themselves, but they just don't know it yet.

It will come home to roost later on.

GM
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#25]
They are angry because there is a pork chop shortage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And it's Californian's fault for living near the fault line, mid-westerner's fault for living near tornado alley, northerner's fault for living where the worst ice storms occur,  westerner's fault for living where mudslides and wild fires happen,  Texan's fault for living where droughts occur and poisonous snakes habitate, New Yorker's fault for living in a target city - yep, it's everyone's fault because of their chosen place of residence.  

Oh, wait...it doesn't matter where you reside - you're more susceptible than someone to something...

No Airborne, living in a city that has to have pumps running 24/7 to keep it dry even WITHOUT the weather is not good.

Remember the Feds already have forced lots of small towns and individuals up and down the Mississippi drainage out for THEIR flooding propensity.

New Orleans was kept going for no other reason than it already existed, now that its gone we should not put ourselves in this position again..

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#28]
The nightly news showed footage of the reporters driving through city streets that were packed with NOLA residents (all black) and they were practically attacking the vehicle screaming "Wheyah's mah watah! Wheyah's mah food!"

I looked at my wife and said to the televison, "Your water and food is where you should've gone four days ago."

These people CHOSE to stay and now it's everybody else's fault because they stayed in a disaster area after being told to evacuate? Screw that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What part of mandatory evac do these people not understand.  I just heard an ungrateful whitey on Fox and he says the US has a black eye cause they havent got him out of his flooded house.

I am sick of the ungreatful.  You ignore an evac command you are lucky anyone is getting out.

Be thankful ar15bubba, aparently God has been good to you. No problem for you to jump up and bug-out at the drop of a hat. No worries about choosing between next months rent or gas and a hotel room.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#31]
They have run out of crack.

They could care less about water or rescueing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#32]
They are angry because we havent built a star trek style transporter device to instantaniously distribute aid to everyone..all at once...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be thankful ar15bubba, aparently God has been good to you. No problem for you to jump up and bug-out at the drop of a hat. No worries about choosing between next months rent or gas and a hotel room.

BS

The night the hurricane actually struck, there were only 10,000 people in the Superdome for example, the City sent busses to help people move- and they came back only partially full.  Only another 13,000 showed up before the levees broke and the city had to suspend services.  They were not going to have to pay a dime.  The state, FEMA, the Red Cross were going to pick up the tab

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#34]
A variety of reasons.  Some are mad because they lost everything.  Others are mad because the government teat has run dry.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
They are angry because there is a pork chop shortage.

Hell, I'm angry there's a pork chop shortage.  Finally, found a little bread on the shelf yesterday.  No ice.  Today, no ground meat or lettuce....  but Spam is good well sort of.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And it's Californian's fault for living near the fault line, mid-westerner's fault for living near tornado alley, northerner's fault for living where the worst ice storms occur,  westerner's fault for living where mudslides and wild fires happen,  Texan's fault for living where droughts occur and poisonous snakes habitate, New Yorker's fault for living in a target city - yep, it's everyone's fault because of their chosen place of residence.  

Oh, wait...it doesn't matter where you reside - you're more susceptible than someone to something...

you are comparing living in NY city to ....................living in a hurricane hotzone, that has flooded in recent history, on the coast, BELOW SEA LEVEL?  you have got to be kidding me...(I read your posts all the time and you normally put steel on target Airborne...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#37]
1 reason for helping these folks is hearts and minds or they end up being Al-Quaida members?
or is my tinfoil too tight
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Boy, if there was ever a need for the famous "Where be my check" pic to be resurrected, *THIS* is it!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#39]
This simple question and its answer are the key to how these people got into the situation they're now in.  Yet they'll never understand that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I just saw a woman being interviewed on Fox.  She was angry because relief workers had the temerity to serve her a cold MRE in the Superdome.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am talking about the fact they should be grateful they are alive and that people are risking their lives to help them.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I just saw a woman being interviewed on Fox.  She was angry because relief workers had the temerity to serve her a cold MRE in the Superdome.

That's cause enough for a riot!  Now kindly point me in the direction of the nearest Foot Locker.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am talking about the fact they should be grateful they are alive and that people are risking their lives to help them.  

Why?  Help was slow.  My shelter was stinky.  It was hot.  They made me walk.  My food was cold.  They gave me too much water.  I had to stand in the sun.  They didn't talk to me when I wanted to talk.  The buses were crowded.  They didn't tell me where to go at all times.  The bathrooms were gross. There were not enough pillows.

What's to be thankful for!  

That's sarcasim
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cause enough for a riot!  Now kindly point me in the direction of the nearest Foot Locker.  

Fuck foot locker!   I need a 52" inch TV to be made right for having to see someone not eat a hot meal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#45]
btt
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I saw that, she was bitching how it wasn't edible and how they hadn't had any hot meals. You could tell she was a real winner, probably had six kids and was wondering about her next welfare check, since the mailbox was flooded.

I'm tired of them interviewing people and all they can say is "I can't believe this is america".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top