Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 1:51:17 PM EDT
Found this on another forum, I thought I would link to it and post up the message.  Maybe BS, But interesting.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1174992&forum_id=26

First off I wanted to post what REALLY is going on in this city. Please don't get this thread locked people. The news stations are only showing a minuscule of reality. This post may offend some people but I will post what I saw, like it or not it is REALITY.

Well last night I was watching the 6pm news when they announced the 17th street canal pumps failed as well as another break in the levee. My house is right off St. Charles Ave. and up to 6pm yesterday is was the only part of the city that was dry. Since the pumps failed and the new break St. Charles Ave. would be under 9ft of water in the next 12-15hrs. My brother and I felt if we wanted to save anything we had to leave NOW. We loaded up flashlights, rope, our medical ID's, both our .45 Glocks, 2 shotguns and rode out. En-route we listened to the radio which broad casted all the news about the looters and what not, in hindsight it was a mistake. My mother didn't want us to go by dad who is a Vietnam vet told to be safe and "shoot to kill" if it ever comes to that.

One the way we had to pass 5-6 checkpoints to allow entry into the city. We stated we were medical personnel who were activated, showed our ID and off we went. On the radio reports were coming in about the officer who was shot in the head, the 2 gunman who opened fired on the NOPD station, and how looters were carjacking cars to get out of the city. This started making my brother nervous and giving seconds thoughts.

Anyway we get to the city and it looks like a freaking war zone. The best visual I can give is the movie "Blackhawk Down" when all the Somalians are rushing the city. They are people EVERYWHERE, they are pissed off, and all have weapons, 2X4's, Axes, and guns. If this wasn't bad enough we are 2 white boys in a truck in a sea several hundred armed pissed off blacks. There wasn't a white person to be found. I couldn't get over the little 8-10yr old kids with weapons, I ever saw one carry a claw hammer!

These people were absolutely nuts rammed trucks(stolen I'm sure) in to jewelry stores stealing items, they were tearing apart Wal-Mart carrying out TV's, Playstations, DVD players, etc. One lady was wheeling out an entire rack of merchandise, not sure what it was but sure wasn't clothes for food. They were all laughing and carrying on like it's freaking Christmas.

We got stuck in traffic when we see the group of guys walking down the street w/ AK-47's, at that point the "pucker factor" kicked in, a couple Glocks and shotguns were no match for that. We haul azz trying to get to Uptown when we see these people chopping down the front door w/ an axe of this $4-5 million dollar mansion on ST. Charles Ave. I was just in total awe because it was so surreal. Making matters worse it's 11pm at night there is no electricity and you really can see anything or anyone until they are right up on you.

Our plan was to be in and out in 30min, this included putting his Harley on the trailer. It would have taken me 5-10min tops to get my stuff, all I wanted was my pictures from college, my clothes/shoes, and my computer tower. Well he got scared saying we are going to get jumped while putting the bike on the trailer. Keep in mind this is the only area in the city that is dry. So just like rats who move to higher ground these people were doing the same. Word must have gotten out that Uptown was dry so there started to be a large influx of people.

Needless to say he wanted to go home rather than take our chances. While it was the smart thing to do I was beyond infuriated w/ him because we made it this far. He just kept saying our lives aren't worth it. So we turned around, our next challenge was getting out of the city while not getting jacked. Reports came out that people were jumping in the back of truck holding the drivers at gunpoint. Traffic started to slow so I just nailed it got out as fast as I could.

Even though he was the voice of reason I'm still pissed. All I have is my life and the clothes on my back. I lost my house(which is now 9ft underwater) ALL my clothes, TV, computer, furniture, and photo albums and videos from childhood and college. What makes this worse is my brother owned the house and I was a tenant and I didn't have renters insurance, hindsight is 20/20.

I also hope everyone of the F*(king looters get Tetanus, E-Coli and F*(KING drown. I'm serious I really hope the all die for what they were doing to the city, killing people, and destroying homes. Never in my life have I ever seen people act live savages, it was truly sicking.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow..... just wow.   This is an eye opener for me.  I can't wait to move out west.  As soon as I have the means to be far away from any city.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
This is why I now own firearms and have learned how to use them effectively.  It is a tool in my survival preparedness kit.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If this is true, no wonder the media is staying away from it...they don't want to show that the generations of handouts they and the liberals lauded as socially responsible are complete failures.

This same thing will happen to any area with large populations of scumbags who live on the dole....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is why I now own firearms and have learned how to use them effectively.  It is a tool in my survival preparedness kit.  

I agree completly, It only took a day for the entire world to turn in to DOD meets BHD.. VERY Scary.  My wife and I have always been realists, but now we are re-thinking our SHTF strategy to prepare for weeks instead of days and for masses of armed thugs instead of single threats.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
t
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If this is true, no wonder the media is staying away from it...they don't want to show that the generations of handouts they and the liberals lauded as socially responsible are complete failures. This same thing will happen to any area with large populations of scumbags who live on the dole....

There is a bright side to this. Now police and citizenry won't hesitate to open fire.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If this is true, no wonder the media is staying away from it...they don't want to show that the generations of handouts they and the liberals lauded as socially responsible are complete failures. This same thing will happen to any area with large populations of scumbags who live on the dole....

There is a bright side to this. Now police and citizenry won't hesitate to open fire.

America is getting a heavy dose of reality right now.. The aftermath will depend on who gets the spin out fastest though..
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I never expected looters to be armed, I knew that shopowners would be, but it seems anyone who isn't looting and shooting cops has left. The police are in over their heads, (no pun intended) any punk can just walk down the street with his gun and shoot whoever he feels like, its total anarchy. Looting doesn't seem to be a problem, armed gangs roving the streets are going to halt any relief effort whatsoever. If only the people with the guns were the responsible people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever argument the HCI/VPC had for gun control just went down the $hitter. I'm truely sad that this really happening in my country, the USA.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]

It's actually a spontaneous reaction to a lot of injustice and a lot of alienation and frustration - a display of justified social rage. This country is laying siege to black and brown children, and particularly young men.  The accumulated effect of the black wounds and scars suffered in a white-dominated society is a deep-seated anger, a boiling sense of rage, and a passionate pessimism regarding America's will to justice.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow. That is unreal. Sad, and completely sickening, all at the same time
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I never expected looters to be armed, I knew that shopowners would be, but it seems anyone who isn't looting and shooting cops has left. The police are in over their heads, (no pun intended) any punk can just walk down the street with his gun and shoot whoever he feels like, its total anarchy. Looting doesn't seem to be a problem, armed gangs roving the streets are going to halt any relief effort whatsoever. If only the people with the guns were the responsible people.

Anyone who didn't expect this has never really contemplated a real SHTF scenario or has never thought out the natural consequences of a real SHTF scenario in ANY major ghettoized American city.

The level of barbaric tribalism and anarchy occuring in New Orleans now should be absolutely NO surprise to anyone who pays attention to American society for the past 40 years.

And it should be no surprise to anyone when a true SHTF scenario hits THEIR major metropolitan center nearest to them and the rampant looting and wilding gangs happens throughout THEIR city.

Be prepared.

Stockpile.

Make specific plans for bugging-in and bugging-out.

Buy Lots Of Ammo Today.

Cache.

Take names.

Assume the worst will happen - and then triple it.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Friggin animals.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's actually a spontaneous reaction to a lot of injustice and a lot of alienation and frustration - a display of justified social rage. This country is laying siege to black and brown children, and particularly young men.  The accumulated effect of the black wounds and scars suffered in a white-dominated society is a deep-seated anger, a boiling sense of rage, and a passionate pessimism regarding America's will to justice.

You crack me up, I was believing you for a few seconds....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#17]
you mean fuckin savages!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone who didn't expect this has never really contemplated a real SHTF scenario or has never thought out the natural consequences of a real SHTF scenario in ANY major ghettoized American city.

The level of barbaric tribalism and anarchy occuring in New Orleans now should be absolutely NO surprise to anyone who pays attention to American society for the past 40 years.

And it should be no surprise to anyone when a true SHTF scenario hits THEIR major metropolitan center nearest to them and the rampant looting and wilding gangs happens throughout THEIR city.

Be prepared.

Stockpile.

Buy Lots Of Ammo Today.

Cache.

Take names.

I Guess Hurrican Andrew was the "case study" so to speak when it comes to SHTF and the reason there is so many people surprised that this has happened this way.

What elements are different between the two catasrophies?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Tagged to send a link to my (L-word) mother.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be prepared.

Stockpile.

Buy Lots Of Ammo Today.

Cache.

Take names.

I Guess Hurrican Andrew was the "case study" so to speak when it comes to SHTF and the reason there is so many people surprised that this has happened this way.

What elements are different between the two catasrophies?

Andrew did not hit a major city (though it destroyed several towns and thousands of homes)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#22]
NBC news tonight tried to spin the racial issue (people were complaining they were only showing blacks looting) -- the city is 67% black after all.  Race isn't the issue at all.  The fact is that big cities are collecting pots for people that can't make it without the government taking care of them.  New Orleans is proof positive that Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" was the biggest scam of them all.  The blacks were the targeted "beneficiaries" of his plan and look what it got them!

It has to be horrible to be stuck there.  It has to be horrible to be helpless.  It has to be horrible have to depend on someone other than yourself to survive.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Andrew did not hit a major city (though it destroyed several towns and thousands of homes)

I guess the Town versus City Mentality really comes in to play.  Is there widespread lawlessness in the other areas hit worse than NO?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess the Town versus City Mentality really comes in to play.  Is there widespread lawlessness in the other areas hit worse than NO?

Unfortunately, the lawlessness is spreading to other cities in the area, from what I'm hearing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It hit a few big cities. Perrine, Kendall etc We have buildings that are much stronger and we are not under sea level. Also people took care of their own pretty quick. The only armed gangs you saw were residents protecting their neighborhoods. Heck back then we had a Democrat Gov who had a folding stock Mini-14 with bipod and 30 rounder he used for "hunting turkeys" Unfortunately more and more demmycrats of the 21st cetury type from NY and OH came down and it would probably be like NOLA if it happened again.

The lawlessness and chaos was kept in some area. Many of the locals would have none of that and the attempts to venture into others areas proved deadly for many looters. The show of force was pretty good enough to keep the savages localized and in their element.

The difference is largely in the people involved. Yeah there was looting and chaos, but there was also some awesome  resolve of the people in the area. Much more than NOLA. I guess if the armed ones evaced before Andrew it may have been different after the storm.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#26]
ANMFD
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#27]
They didn't shoot anyone.   Truly amazing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...It has to be horrible have to depend on someone other than yourself to survive.

Oh, I don't know.  Several of the 300+ pound lardasses I saw on the news today waddling around in knee-deep sewage to loot drug stores didn't seem to be very unhappy about depending upon "others" at all.

Maybe I'm odd but I couldn't help looking at those creatures and thinking, "Every ton of flab on those behemoths was put there courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]

I'm throwing a BS flag on this.

AK-47s?  Right off the news shows.  Anyone who spent the day near a TV with CNN on could have written that.

G
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#30]
You need vests. Armor up. They are important.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya forgot to mention slavery and the civil war!

No, it's those 40 acres and a mule they never recieved.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Amazingly NYC did not go this way after 9-11 happened yet NOLA has. I am guessing the factor in play here is the local population factor. Hmmm....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#35]
99% of the weapons are stolen from pawn shops, gun stores and law abiding citizens homes. Had people really anticipated the destructive factor beforehand and the lawlessness afterwards, I'm sure the weapons would have been removed. So for anyone to make blame on weapons being insecure are FOS.

What's going on there now is the same as what went on in Iraq after the initial taking of Bagdad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Amazingly NYC did not go this way after 9-11 happened yet NOLA has. I am guessing the factor in play here is the local population factor. Hmmm....

Different situation by far.  When someone attacks you, you tend to stick together.  In this case there was no attacker, so it is every looter for themself.  9-11 was also a business district disaster.  People were not homeless as a result of it.  The city had water, electricity, etc.

Not excusing it one bit, mind you, but the situation is much different.  NYC would go the same route in 72 hours if the power were cut.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]
This is exactly why I just bought my first EBR. Next on the itenerary is to stockpile more magazines and ammo (currently only have two 30-rounders and 170 rounds of ammunition) and get two more firearms: a long-range bolt-action (either a Mosin-Nagant or K31, leaning towards the K31) and a Mossberg Cruiser as a home defense or trunk gun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You can not compare this to 9-11. 9-11 was a few city blocks not a whole displaced city with out
power or any infastucture. There is absolutely no comparison what so ever
What happened in NO could happen in any big city, period.

Definatly Agree there,  Andrew has to be the closest related case to study.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top