Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:14:00 PM EDT
   I was listening to WOAI this afternoon and heard an ad for a Gun Show this weedend out near the airport  it sounded like. Any local people know if this is one of the large good shows. I'd like to find a vendor with a good supply of Glocks so I can compare some of the models I've been reading about and purchase at a decent price. I hope they don't confiscate all the large public access halls and what not for the refugees they are bussing in to SA.
   Has anyone heard if the hotels and motels are filled up? Thinking of spending a night or two in town.

Thanks for any info.
   leroy
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The monthly SAXET show that is coming up this weekend is the best show around. You'll see plenty of Glocks. And I don't think you'll have trouble finding a place to stay.

BTW, it's in the convention center on the NW corner of the intersection of 410 and Broadway.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the gunshow on Saturday and come shoot your new toys on Sunday.

Texas Tactical will be putting on an IDPA Match
this Sunday September 4th at the Blackhawk range
in San Antonio. ANY AND ALL SAFE SHOOTERS ARE
WELCOME!!! Bring a friend or two or 3 and
introduce them to all the fun!

Date: Sunday, September 4th, 2005

Please arrive on time for sign up and promptly
and enjoyable match.

Texas Tactical holds an IDPA Match the 1st Sunday
of every month at the BLACKHAWK range in San
Antonio, Texas. The match is open
to all safe shooters of all ages and skill
levels. New shooters, please sign up no later
than 9:00am for a new shooter orientation. For
map and directions check out our website:

WWW.TEXASTACTICAL.NET

Hope to see y'all there. When you come into the
range and cross over the dam turn left and sign
up will be on the 4th bay on the right.

=====
Michael "Iron Mike" Webb
Texas Tactical
WWW.TEXASTACTICAL.NET
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My only major complaint is that the place is too small, and so the rows of tables are placed too tight causing restricted aisles. If a few people huddle around one table, or worse, two dumb asses stand in the middle of the aisle in front of tables to chat about last night's hot date, the whole crowd  will come to a crawl like you are standing in a freaking stuck elevator!  

I have been to Tulsa, Spring,  Pasadena ,Dallas Market, George R.Brown, Astro Hall, Reliant, Harvey Hall, etc. and can say this is the tightest facility. The dealers don't mind or are in fact unaware of this,  because they sit behind their tables and casually have a Coke and a smile as they watch all the fish swimming in a barrel. Having crowds of people all over their tables sure won't  bother them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top