Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:55 PM EDT
Most of the Souths banana imports come through Gulfport. I just saw video of Chiquita and Dole banana containors scatttered about.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the same thing a few days ago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright, someone post the banana song lyrics "Yes we have no bananas today"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a big one in Galveston, Texas the entry to the Port of Houston.  I also believe there is one in Houston as well.  I don't think there will be much of a shortage.....its not like that was the only one
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is a big one in Galveston, Texas the entry to the Port of Houston.  I also believe there is one in Houston as well.  I don't think there will be much of a shortage.....its not like that was the only one

The thing is most bananas are presold. They have contracts with retailers and only bring in a certain amount. So yes there will be shortages here.

More than likely the south will move to Willmington.

ETA: Plus there is only one delivery a week to Gulfport.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I rarely ever eat bananas........why is it that I now want one?.......thanks Bama-Shooter....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Now wait just a damn minute...... no one said this crisis was going to affect ME!

I'm frustrated. I think I'll take my AR out and start shooting at the people trying to help me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i am asking staff to lock and castrate the first idiot that posts a thread to the bannana phone link

Call BananaMan on the BananaPhone!

*ring ring ring ring ring banana phone!*
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now wait just a damn minute...... no one said this crisis was going to affect ME!

I'm frustrated. I think I'll take my AR out and start shooting at the people trying to help me.

IIRC most FL bananas come in through Pompano. So hold your fire.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most of the Souths banana imports come through Gulfport. I just saw video of Chiquita and Dole banana containors scatttered about.

Not to worry! They'll ship 'em through Texas. We're going to take up the slack from all the destroyed infastructure. There's always a bright side to everything. Imagine shipping, trucking, rail, communications, tourism, and all other forms of commerce... flowing to the Lone Star State instead of through LA. Yeeehaaaw baby!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i am asking staff to lock and castrate the first idiot that posts a thread to the bannana phone link

I feel GOOD

www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/bananaphone.html

*runs from TBS*

-Storm
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel GOOD

www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/bananaphone.html

*runs from TBS*

-Storm

I'm screwed.  No doubt I'll wake up about 2AM with that damn song in my head.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to worry! They'll ship 'em through Texas. We're going to take up the slack from all the destroyed infastructure. There's always a bright side to everything. Imagine shipping, trucking, rail, communications, tourism, and all other forms of commerce... flowing to the Lone Star State instead of through LA. Yeeehaaaw baby!

Galveston has the Del Monte facility.  The Post of Houston is going to see a big increase in ships due to this disaster.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#15]
My almost-two-year-old won't be happy about this...  (...he REALLY likes 'nanas.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Galveston has the Del Monte facility.  The Port of Houston is going to see a big increase in ships due to this disaster.  

Yep! If I was an exec at one of those affected industries, I'd hang a "Now Hiring" sign outside the building and go on the radio to see if I can hire displaced skilled/experienced labor from hurricane affected areas and ramp up for the demand.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Ring ring ring ring ring ring bannana phoooooooooooooooooooooooooone.

-Storm
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ring ring ring ring ring ring bannana phoooooooooooooooooooooooooone.

-Storm

Thanks, I  appreciate that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I was thinking a pic from the Gwen Stefani video...b a n a n a s....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There ya go.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There ya go.

Argh. Wrong that is.

-Storm
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Guy on fox the other day said some of those Dole containers had chickens in them.  Peeewwwww.  Probably super stinky now.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call BananaMan on the BananaPhone!

*ring ring ring ring ring banana phone!*

Or how about

"We get to eat...eat...eat...apples and bananas..."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy crap, that video is messed up. I will have that song stuck for weeks if not months......muust go...craving bananas..hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
BRHAHAHAHHA  I like the Credits the best!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget the Woody Allen movie:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Screw the Bananas I can live without them .

I can even live with the gas prices , but what's really
going to hurt is that 95% of coffee beans come through
that area .

Something like 1.5 million Lbs or 6 months worth was ruined
in a warehouse in Mississippi
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread is BEGGING for some kind of unsavory racial comment.

I am bitting my fingers.

Yes, I am an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, so there will be a BANANA shortage tied to the hurricane destruction of New Orleans. Is this based upon the lack of port facilities or the looting?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ok, so there will be a BANANA shortage tied to the hurricane destruction of New Orleans. Is this based upon the lack of port facilities or the looting?

Lost the main port.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Weak...what do I put on my wheaties since I need to walk to work now since fuel is darn expensive?

- Yeah, that was #11 - Pretty sweet huh?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
BANANA MAN TO THE RESCUE!

tinypic.com/bi5a3t.jpg

I though that was Ear of Corn Man....now you have gone and burst my bubble....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw the Bananas I can live without them .

I can even live with the gas prices , but what's really
going to hurt is that 95% of coffee beans come through
that area .

Something like 1.5 million Lbs or 6 months worth was ruined
in a warehouse in Mississippi hr

- I will sell you 2#'s of Jamaican Blue Mountain if you like....it's the good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Weak...what do I put on my wheaties since I need to walk to work now since fuel is darn expensive?

- Yeah, that was #11 - Pretty sweet huh?

You will be fine. Except the price in your area will go up while the South pulls supplies from the NE port.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top