Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 12:52:31 PM EDT
Heheheh oh my.........

SPLOID EXCLUSIVE: FEMA is directing Katrina donations to none other than the Rev. Pat Robertson …

Millions of Americans and people around the world have rushed to donate money to the victims of Hurricane Katrina, which is shaping up to be one of the worst U.S. disasters in history, if not the worst.

FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, is the lead federal agency in the rescue & recovery operation at work in New Orleans and the Mississippi gulf coast.

FEMA has released to the media and on its Web site a list of suggested charities to help the storm’s hundreds of thousands of victims. The Red Cross is first on the list.

The Rev. Pat Robertson’s “Operation Blessing” is next on the list.

“It’s an outrage,” said privacy watchdog Bill Scannell, who alerted Sploid to the FEMA / Robertson scam. “Operation f**cking Blessing? And it’s right underneath the Red Cross link!”

Scannell, currently campaigning against the Transportation Security Administration’s refusal to turn over personal information illegally collected from 100 million U.S. air passengers, noted that Operation Blessing’s board of directors is dominated by the televanglist and his family.

The chairman, “MG Robertson,” is none other than the Rev. Pat — Marion Gordon Robertson is his real name — while Pat’s wife DeDe is vice president and son Gordon Robertson is also on the board.

The front operation for the radical, pro-assassination televangelist and Republican power broker is also based in the Rev. Pat’s headquarters, Virginia Beach.

Robertson’s shell organizations have already collected more than $25 million from the federal government under various “faith based” federal-handout programs. And with millions of distraught citizens looking to FEMA for help in finding reputable organizations to help Katrina survivors, Robertson stands to profit magnificently from the horror that has fallen on New Orleans and the Gulf Coast.

www.sploid.com/news/2005/09/01/fema-directing-donations-to-rev-pat-robertson-123509.php

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Whether you like his politics or not, Pat does good work for disasters like this.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I would  want a little more proof on this one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
What a load of stinky leftist horseshit.

There is a list of over 20 charitable organizations at the FEMA site. Operation Blessing happens to be one of them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Operation Blessing is a wonderful organization that provides aid all over the world.

I'm surprised they are not complaining about the salvation army. All officers of the SA are ordained ministers.

If you want to give a gift for hurricane relief, give it to the SA. More of your money will make it to the people who need it than any other charity.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SPLOID EXCLUSIVE: FEMA is directing Katrina donations to none other than the Rev. Pat Robertson …

Alright, that'll piss off the Commies!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care about that leftish shit, but
I was psyched to see an ad for UCB on
Bravo Sept 7th.

Asspennies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top