Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 12:44:42 PM EDT
As details come out over the Katrina disaster I noticed something, those people are dumb! They didn't have to face all that misery if they just got out of the way. It's a hurricane, not a stealth figher!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be right.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
as you can plainly see, those who had the money to get out, did. Those who are used to government handouts stayed and expect to be taken care of by uncle sam. Is it a case of darwinism? or more a case of a generation of people trained to live on handouts? Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
survival of the fitest
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As details come out over the Katrina disaster I noticed something, those people are dumb! They didn't have to face all that misery if they just got out of the way. It's a hurricane, not a stealth figher!

Bingo.  Here in Okla we get alot of tornados.  We get 2 minutes notice, not 2 weeks, and yet still most people have enough gray matter to assume the worst and seek shelter.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
"Darwin's at work in LA"  

Not fast enough call in the National Guard to expediate natural selection.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"When da president of the United States come on da TV an tells yo' coonass to get da' fuck out da' bayou, get da' fuck out da bayou!"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Darwin is working OT.
Never a lack of dumb people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#9]
could be Unintelligent Design, not Darwin
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
as you can plainly see, those who had the money to get out, did. Those who are used to government handouts stayed and expect to be taken care of by uncle sam. Is it a case of darwinism? or more a case of a generation of people trained to live on handouts? Hmmmmm.

The Katrina disaster confirmed one of my pet peeves. I hate government transportation (buses, rail, etc...) and now I have another reason why! You can't beat having your own private vehicle to "get out of Dodge" on your own schedule instead of some bureaucraps schedule.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Another point that hasn't been brought up often is that the environmentalist stopped the extension of I-49 from Lafayette to Morgan City and around to the west side of NOLA. They cited alligators, brown pelicans, and cypress tree stumps as being more important than a second evacuation route.

A second interstate highway would have gone a long long way in getting people out. Not that much may be left afterwards from a Cat4~5 hurricane like Katrina to use afterwards to get relief into it. But before, it would have been a real boon.

Thanks Sierra Klub,

wganz

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Another point that hasn't been brought up often is that the environmentalist stopped the extension of I-49 from Lafayette to Morgan City and around to the west side of NOLA. They cited alligators, brown pelicans, and cypress tree stumps as being more important than a second evacuation route.

A second interstate highway would have gone a long long way in getting people out. Not that much may be left afterwards from a Cat4~5 hurricane like Katrina to use afterwards to get relief into it. But before, it would have been a real boon.

Thanks Sierra Klub,

wganz

Yup.  Same with the oil supply right now.  If we had been allowed to build more refineries, and to drill in ANWR and off shore on the East and West coasts, the hit to our oil supplys wouldn't be so hard as it is now.  

-K

(Note: This is my first post as a team member.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#13]
IBTL!!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
could be Unintelligent Design, not Darwin

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top