Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2005 11:08:17 AM EDT
Why are people referring to the the needy people of NO as savages? Because they need food, water and dry clothing? Four days they have been sitting in government shelters, with no answers of how they will be helped. They just lost everything they own. Hasn't the Gov taken millions and millions of tax dollars to set up Fema and other plans to handle terrorist attacks? Why are American people without food and water? Seems to me it shouldn't have taken more than a day to drop supplies where needed.
The news keeps showing the same pictures over and over of the few people looting. With the exception of the guy taking a TV, so what!  All the food and clothing in the stores is all ruined anyway. Not to mention insured.
I love the pictures of police and security armed with machine guns. Why aren't they armed with water bottles to hand out? This is America and those people are Americans.
They said the average income is 16,000 a year. Not much left to stock up on supplies. If it was me down there I wouldn't think twice about "looting" necessary supplies to save my family, especially from companies that have insurance for loss income.
Four days without water or news of help, it's just sickening.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Why are people referring to the the needy people of NO as savages? Because they need food, water and dry clothing? Four days they have been sitting in government shelters, with no answers of how they will be helped. They just lost everything they own. Hasn't the Gov taken millions and millions of tax dollars to set up Fema and other plans to handle terrorist attacks? Why are American people without food and water? Seems to me it shouldn't have taken more than a day to drop supplies where needed.
The news keeps showing the same pictures over and over of the few people looting. With the exception of the guy taking a TV, so what!  All the food and clothing in the stores is all ruined anyway. Not to mention insured.
I love the pictures of police and security armed with machine guns. Why aren't they armed with water bottles to hand out? This is America and those people are Americans.
They said the average income is 16,000 a year. Not much left to stock up on supplies. If it was me down there I wouldn't think twice about "looting" necessary supplies to save my family, especially from companies that have insurance for loss income.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
You live in a far more ideal world then the one I apparently live in.

THERE IS A REASON the .gov said "everybody leave the city". This was it. These people ignored the message, and are now all pissed off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Now where is the pic of the looter with the beer?

ETA other pic.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#4]
They are SHOOTING at rescuers

They are STEALING things like TV sets

THey are RAPING

What does any of that have to do with SURVIVAL?  

ANIMALS
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.waelchli.ch/lurtz2.jpg

Oddly enough, that type of pic (LotR Orcs) is exactly what I was thinking on my way to work today.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a bit of a difference between being in a government shelter for 4 days, and taking over a hospital and shooting at helicopters.

Just as there's a difference between stealing food and ransacking valuables from businesses and mugging people. Or shooting volunteers in airboats and stealing their boats.

Might want to know what's going on before assuming.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
DU troll.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you have a better more fitting word to call them, thata allowed in the COC
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Let's see, looting, murder, robbing and rape. Yep, savages.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Seems to me it shouldn't have taken more than a day to drop supplies where needed.

yes, food and water for 50,000 inside the superdome alone.  

Just pull those helicopters and big trucks off what their current mission in the 1st 24 hours, PULLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE WATER.

Sure 24 hours is all you need to get all this done  How about just grabbing the keys to the 100's of trucks already fulled stocked with bottled water and food sitting just outside of NOLA?  That would take just a few minutes.  

Or fuck it and call pizza hut to deliver to the superdome

are you a or just plain retarded?

EPOCH

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#12]
...because normal people dont rape girls while in refugee centers

...because normal people dont shoot at rescue choppers & firefighters

....because normal people dont go looting for smokes, liquor and lottery tickets.

...because normal people dont raid senior citizen centers packed with elderly people so that thay can steal their drugs.

...because normal people dont look like savages straight out of the Somalia.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You wouldn't happen to frequent the DemocraticUnderground.com would you?

These people were told to leave.... two days prior...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#14]
They are shooting at rescuers and raping women.  I call'em as I see them.  They are fucking savages.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I think "Cockroaches" is a better term.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Did you mean to post this on DU.  I know you don't have a lot of blacks in your state, but this is how they act, most of the time.  Just like animals, animals with sloping foreheads and small forebrains.  In other words.......................I can't say it, but some one will.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

THey are RAPING

ANIMALS

No animals don't usually fuck over their own. Savages is more correct.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Mean income in New Orleans in 2004 was about $30k, with 4% unemployment.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit....what happened, things at DU get slow so you stopped by here?

They are f*cking savages because they are out stealing anything not bolted down, TV's, DVD players, Jewelry, CD's, stereos and the other shit they are stealing are not necessities. They are shooting at people trying to HELP them, they are roaming around raping...BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Those cops and NG should be using those "machine guns".

Go back to the commune moonbeam.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I think even cockroaches have a social structure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#21]
The same reason they call you.....

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Why are people calling them savages?  

plain and simple: they are
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#23]
"This food belongs to Mohammed Farah Adid!"

We're seeing Mogadishu, Louisiana in it's raw form.  Are there good people suffering there?  Sure.  But the savages surrounding them are killing my sympathy and the fact that our Guardsmen aren't yet shooting on sight isn't helping.  Start eliminating the human trash and I'll start caring again.  I'm sorry, this is triage on a national scale.  There are people who can be helped and people who cannot.  There are also those who should not be helped and are only impeding efforts to help the worthy.  Those impediments must be removed.  That's just part of dealing with a tragedy of this magnitude.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you mean to post this on DU.  I know you don't have a lot of blacks in your state, but this is how they act, most of the time.  Just like animals, animals with sloping foreheads and small forebrains.  In other words.......................I can't say it, but some one will.  

I got to pretty much agree here, you get in the "ghetto" and stuff it all goes to hell, same with the areas around it.  Its bad enough on normal events, add a disater with it and Im not surprised by what is happening.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
That's a cut-and-paste from DU, right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Ha, in and out...

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It is what it is.

I thought you were a patrolman.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#29]
It just pisses me off watching all those helpless people.
The news said they did not have confirmation that the helicopter was shot at. The police station that was shot with AK 47's at night? ( I love the way they know the model of firearm that was used).
Not everyone there is an animal. The news seems to be singling out a few bad people out of a million and showing it over and over. Why rub salt in the open wound? These people lost everything.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got to pretty much agree here, you get in the "ghetto" and stuff it all goes to hell, same with the areas around it.  Its bad enough on normal events, add a disater with it and Im not surprised by what is happening.

I knew to expect it, but I cannot fathom why these people ( I use that term loosely) are doing the things they do.  I jeep hearing some say " we need help down here".  Well stop raping and killing and shooting at the rescue workers and maybe you'll get some.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right on Bro...someone had the balls to say it...I can walk around in poor shitty white neighborhoods, and feel 1000x safer than walking (or driving through) poor shitty black nieghborhoods....ITS THE INNER CITY, HIP HOP GHETTO CULTURE, PEOPLE

Its nobodies fault except for those who choose to follow it....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The news said they did not have confirmation that the helicopter was shot at. The police station that was shot with AK 47's at night? ( I love the way they know the model of firearm that was used).
Not everyone there is an animal. The news seems to be singling out a few bad people out of a million and showing it over and over. Why rub salt in the open wound? These people lost everything.

Yea they atre soo helpless, I expect they would be helping themselves to everything you have if you were there and had something, I expect some would probaly help themselves to female family members if they could too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Just over the Police scanner,

Ferry pilot shot trying to evac people out

Scanner Thread

SAVAGES

ETA: I have been sitting for the last 2 hours listening to this scanner stream...  It's unreal, NOLA is truely out of control...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

thank you Senator Kennedy.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#35]
What a moronic D.U.

That's about the 4th most stupid fucking shit I've ever read here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So quit bitching and go down there to help.  Oh, and you better be prepared to kill because I guarantee someone will try to take your vehicle and anything else you have.  See how open their arms are when you show up to help.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Have you ever heard of this one, "Thou shalt not steal"  I can't remember where it came from.  I think it is part of these 10 really important rules for living your life.

I absolutely understand wanting to protect and provide for my family, that is what real fathers do ahead of time.  They also listen to and heed warnings to get out ahead of time.  I feel bad for the ones who have died or been injured.  I feel bad for the ones who have suffered property damage.  I do not feel bad for the people who are stealing.  I really wish the Police or Military would have stepped up and shot a few right from the start.  I also feel bad for you after reading that you would not think twice about stealing necessary supplies.  They should have had them already and you should know better than to condone theft.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Why are people referring to the the needy people of NO as savages?Actions speak very clear Because they need food, water and dry clothing?If that is all they were taking they I doubt many would have troubles with them Four days they have been sitting in government shelters, with no answers of how they will be helped. They just lost everything they own. Hasn't the Gov taken millions and millions of tax dollars to set up Fema and other plans to handle terrorist attacks? Why are American people without food and water? Seems to me it shouldn't have taken more than a day to drop supplies where needed.Considering this is hte largest naturual diesaster this country has seen, it will take time. Also with current reports that an aid truck was held up..... that cant be helping.
The news keeps showing the same pictures over and over of the few people looting. With the exception of the guy taking a TV, so what!  All the food and clothing in the stores is all ruined anyway. Not to mention insured.And that makes breaking the law ok? Give me a break
I love the pictures of police and security armed with machine guns. Why aren't they armed with water bottles to hand out?Hey capt obvious, they are shooting at the police and rescue boats This is America and those people are Americans.That are acting like third world savages, period!
They said the average income is 16,000 a year. Not much left to stock up on supplies. If it was me down there I wouldn't think twice about "looting" necessary supplies to save my family, especially from companies that have insurance for loss income. What does some assholes income have to do with it? I understand the food and clothing thing, but how does a big screen or a computer or new dvd player help save your family.

Your right, its sickening that there are gangs running around unchecked raping, stealing and getting away with it. Its sickening that anyone would defend those lowlife dirtbags and try to make them sound justified. I would bet many of those causeing harm have been planning this since the first word of katrina hitting shore. They too could have left but chose to stay behind and prey on the innocent.

Why are we calling them savages?
Actions my friend, actions.
Our words amount to little at the end of the day. But the actions of the criminals in NOLA will be remembered and looked back on for years. The ywill have lasting impressions on some and horrific memories for others.
CH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Just over the Police scanner,

Ferry pilot shot trying to evac people out

Scanner Thread

SAVAGES

ETA: I have been sitting for the last 2 hours listening to this scanner stream...  It's unreal, NOLA is truely out of control...

Holy shit, is that true?  They're shooting the ferry pilots?  Good Lord.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Do you think that if this happened in Detroit or Los Angeles it would be much different?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Do you think that if this happened in Detroit or Los Angeles it would be much different?

No, it just isn't happening there right now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

THey are RAPING

ANIMALS

+1,000,00!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Why are people calling them savages?

Could call them Canadians.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it just isn't happening there right now.

No it would not be, because in Los Angeles and Detroit they have normal people, who would have left, and they also have the element that would have stayed to rape, pillage and plunder from the weaker folks.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#45]

wOOt lOOt!

Actually, I prefer the term "Rhodes Scholars" to savages, but it just doesn't seem to be catching on.  Feel free to use it if you like.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

This one?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THey are RAPING

ANIMALS

No animals don't usually fuck over their own. Savages is more correct.

Right on!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
They are shooting at rescuers and raping women.  I call'em as I see them.  They are fucking savages.

Good call!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/BigDozer66/Doorwithsupplies.jpg

This one?

BigDozer66

No better than a common street <CoC violation>, But, he needs that beer to survive.  Jagoff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Nice attitude. Asshole. Go away from here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top