Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:44:15 AM EDT
Thinking about trading the Ski Nautique in on one.

Pros:

Shallow draft (my dock is shallow, and there are a lot of places on the lake that would be more accessable).

No upholstery to maintain.

Small cabin for bad weather and sun. (It would extend the boating season.)

A small berth (I like to camp by boat. I do it with the Ski Nautique, but it sure isn't practical).

More economical to operate - 90 HP outboard vice 310 HP inboard.

Cons:

Not NEARLY as sexy and fun to drive.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
There is one docked across the canal. They seem to be popular here. I have toured them at the boat shows and they seem to have good fit and finish.

I would suggest buying the maximum HP for the boat. Either a 4 stroke or E-Tec.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw many being used in NorCal when I lived there and I always wanted one of these little ones for fishing the bays for sturgeon, stripers, halibut, and trolling the coast for salmon.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
"Rugged, practical, sensible and simple."  I like that approach to a boat.  I like the retro look too.

Sorry, I don't know anything about boats, but here's a free bump.

G
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I"ve pretty much talked myself into getting one. I don't really ski much at all anymore, and an outboard would extend my boating season by a couple months up here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top