Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:33:27 AM EDT
"I wonder if the cruel and stupid young people who are doing the looting know the power they have to damage their country. I wonder, if they knew, if they'd stop it"

Reagan had some great minds behind him

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
"I wonder if the cruel and stupid young people who are doing the looting know the power they have to damage their country. I wonder, if they knew, if they'd stop it"

Reagan had some great mindds behind him

In response to her rhetorical question.

If they do know, they don't give a fuck and, yo bitch gimme your jewrey.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"I wonder if the cruel and stupid young people who are doing the looting know the power they have to damage their country. I wonder, if they knew cared, if they'd stop it"

Reagan had some great minds behind him

Pretty sure if they knew, they would give exactly 2 shits...  

If you're victimizing your own town/hood, you probably could care less about the country...

Watching certain parts of society prey off fellow humans in this time of crisis is HOPEFULLY the wakeup call many clueless people need.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What was this in reference too?  Was it the LA riots?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Even animals won't crap in their own den. For those who deride people who value their pets as highly as humans, maybe these are the humans they are measuring Spot against.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
You're seeing the results of raising self-centered people with an entitlement mentality.

Sowing and reaping, Great Society style.  

Thanks, FDR, LBJ, et al.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No its in reference to what is going on in N.O.
You can read it here.

I like the bit where she says: "As for the tragic piggism that is taking place on the streets of New Orleans, it is not unbelievable but it is unforgivable, and I hope the looters are shot."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Amazingly stupid rhetorical question. No they wouldn't stop. They don't give a shit about anything but themselves and how they can "get over" on society. This may be their one big chance.

ETA: well, i read the quote just above me. I like her line of thinking.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I blame this on nearly every politician that has drawn breath since the 1930's.

Every single one of them has increased dependance on government as a way of increasing their power, that now, without government of any kind, implosion is the only option.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You're seeing the results of raising self-centered people with an entitlement mentality.

Thanks, FDR, LBJ, et al.

Center mass.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No its in reference to what is going on in N.O.
You can read it here.

I like the bit where she says: "As for the tragic piggism that is taking place on the streets of New Orleans, it is not unbelievable but it is unforgivable, and I hope the looters are shot.
"

Gotcha, thanks for the link.  I thought Noonan wrote it and Reagan said it.  Patty btw I'm sure some of the looters are just trying to survive where as the ones causing the chaos have no respect for anyone or thing and little would change their behaviors, shy of death.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I see this looting and rioting as just another form of terrorism.

" Better give me what I want, when I want it, or else we're going to take WHAT'S OURS!!"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Just like in the West Bank and countless other places all over the world, the natural disaster in LA/MS/AL has given the opportunity to these people..........these unemployed, uneducated people............many of whom are wards of the Welfare State, to give purpose to their lives.  They feel empowered for the first time, looting, running around like its a fucking carnival.   Stealing is wrong in any circumstance, but I cant deride a poor woman too much for taking some bottled water off of the shelf of some mega-chain grocery store because her infant is dehydrated and near possible death.  HOWEVER, these ass clowns taking sneakers, TV's and furniture, well, there is absolutely no call for that.  Some of these folks didnt have the means to get a bus ticket out of town, dont own a car, etc.  These are the people that $20 means a lot of money to them, and $500 is a fortune.  But for the looters of electronics, those breaking into homes, etc., if I had property there, and had my family safe somewhere else, Id just about go back to my home (if I could get to it), find a nice hide position, and shoot the animal trespassers.

Heard a report of someone shooting at a relief helo last night / this AM.  They need to be systematically removed from the equation.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Pretty sure if they knew, they would give exactly 2 shits...  

They wouldn't give two shits. They would take two shits.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I blame this on nearly every politician that has drawn breath since the 1930's.

Every single one of them has increased dependance on government as a way of increasing their power, that now, without government of any kind, implosion is the only option.

Don't forget the lawyers who use their cut of the take at the public feeding trough for personal enrichment.

(of course attorneys and politicians are pretty much the same thing...)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, FDR, LBJ, et al.

Center mass.

the big titty is gone and teacher is out of the room.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
This is the 100% predictable outcome of humans in turmoil in conjunction with more than 50 years of the left replacing a home's father figure with an evil agenda.  It will get far worse before it gets any better.   Just watch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#17]
When the law breaks down, people loot. It is as simple as that.

Just like Enron, when they found a way around the law, they looted.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It will get far worse before it gets any better.   Just watch.

My sentiments exactly
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, FDR, LBJ, et al.

Center mass.

Actually, having watched the television this morning and listening to interviews, I'd say CNS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top