Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:04:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#1]
They should have showed how real beheadings take place. The terrorists use a butcher knife to hack the head off. Not some big sword.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You know no war movie/series gets everything right but having said that i think this show really tries to.  I do believe the CIB goes over the wings because being paraqualified dont mean shit to being in combat.  I like the series and will continue to try to watch and support it so maybe we will get more.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
ar15.com/FORUMS/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384946

Posted :: 8/31/2005 10:59:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
One thing I did notice, and this is real nit-pickey, is that the flash suppressor on Sgt. Scream's M4 is the fake "press-on" type similar to the one on my Rock River M4gery.  Other than that, is is a good show.

I posted earlier about this episode but too many "sensitive" types got their panties in a twist because I failed to mention that I was giving away the ending. Hell, I thought my thread was going to be a dupe so I didn't think giving a warning in the title would be necessary.  

Let's just run with your thread, Hardcorps1775!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I caught the premier and then this episode, missed all the ones in between.  Not enough action in this show, 75% of it is soap opera like the drunk wife crashing the car.   I conclude this series sucks ass.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I caught the premier and then this episode, missed all the ones in between.  Not enough action in this show, 75% of it is soap opera like the drunk wife crashing the car.   I conclude this series sucks ass.

You conclude wrong.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You conclude wrong.

Lets find out ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=136&t=385103&page=1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

the show is very formulaic and feels like a modern version of "combat!". i fucking hated the first couple of episodes but i'm really starting to kinda like it now. it's a ridiculously small budget with the same 6bys and humvees all the time, but it's passable.

Good assessment. Like you I hated the first ones and seem to have warmed up to it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I noticed a flash suppressor with the slots filled.
I was also wondering if it's common to have a SAW for a house raid?  I'm not HSLD, but isn't a SAW like a support weapon?  Not really intended for CQB?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
     Who is the actress that plays the drunken cheatin' wife ?. There is nothing on IMDB or FX web-sites. She has some nice.....uh, hands.

The show is getting better. Wish they'd cut out ALL the back home shit though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
     Who is the actress that plays the drunken cheatin' wife ?. There is nothing on IMDB or FX web-sites. She has some nice.....uh, hands.

Nothing on IMDB you say?

www.imdb.com/name/nm0909578/

Took me all of 15 seconds to find
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You conclude wrong.

I don't need to "find out."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You conclude wrong.

So far it's about 50-50 sucks vs great, oops, you found out anyway
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
....Not enough action in this show, 75% of it is soap opera like the drunk wife crashing the car.   I conclude this series sucks ass.

I agree. This did have the potential to be a good show, but Bochco is trying too hard to maintain his formulatic style, and the show has turned into another "Hill Street/NYPD Blues" type soap opera.
I watch it, because I want it to be good. But I'm always disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You conclude wrong.

So far it's about 50-50 sucks vs great, oops, you found out anyway

No, I only found out that 50 percent of the people who voted either have bad taste or haven't actually watched more than a few minutes of the show.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
....sgt scream would yell at them to shut up, it doesn't matter, who gives a damn. he cuts through the bullshit. i think he plays a decent snco (he's a ssgt, right?)!

That would be the "Sippowitz" character.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#19]
OMG, I watched 10 minutes of that show and couldn't stomach it any longer.

WHO THE HELL HAS CONVERSATIONS DURING A FRIGGING FIRE FIGHT?

For the love of everything holy.......what a shitty show!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing on IMDB you say?

www.imdb.com/name/nm0909578/

Took me all of 15 seconds to find

She was in a movie called "Life Without Dick."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You really aren't qualified to comment, only having watched 10 minutes of one show.  And as for the conversations...hey genius...it's a FUCKING TV SHOW, not a combat documentary.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really aren't qualified to comment, only having watched 10 minutes of one show.  And as for the conversations...hey genius...it's a FUCKING TV SHOW, not a combat documentary.  

13 out of 25 ARCOMr's said it sucked, 12 out of 25 said it didn't.   Any tv series that makes you quit watching after 10 minutes qualifes for the suck ass category.   Over There sucks ass

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=136&t=385103
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I think the show is in poor taste.  Fricking fiction about the war while US men and women are fighting and dying.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

13 out of 25 ARCOMr's said it sucked, 12 out of 25 said it didn't.  

Sorry, I don't base my judgments on the opinions of 13 nameless, faceless idiots on the internet.  Perhaps that's how you run your life...more's the pity.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AKwildcard

13 out of 25 ARCOMr's said it sucked, 12 out of 25 said it didn't.  

Sorry, I don't base my judgments on the opinions of 13 nameless, faceless idiots on the internet.  Perhaps that's how you run your life...more's the pity.

+1 I dig it so far. Keep in mind it's TV show folks. And I'll add, other things happen in a soldier's
life other than fire fights. Trust me, I've been there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Sound like some of you guys seem to lose interest in a show once the thought provoking conversation starts and the explosions and shooting stops.

By the way, anyone ever notice that the Sgt always holds his M4 by the magazine even though he as a verticle foregrip ? Guess it's hard to get the right length KAC rail panels over there too! Ha!

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top