Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 6:00:30 AM EDT
First of all.  I would like to point out that nature renders the most destructive forces that this planet will ever see.  Obviously a category 4/5 hurricane is going to cause a tremendous amount of death and destruction and no amount of preparation will change that.

That being said.  New Orleans is in chaos.  We see criminals running unabated through the streets and National Guardsmen being shot at.  Thousands of people without water.  

The first reaction that everyone seems to have is the tried and true "blame Bush."  I was wondering what responsibility the governors have and their authority over the National Guard.  Is this the Bush Administrations screw-up or does some blame belong at the state level?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I blame people who stayed behind and did not have a MINIMUM amount of supplies on hand.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I place the blame square on the shoulders of the looters.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Jesus Christ.....the .gov is not to blame!!!

The jackasses that are doing the looting are the one's to blame.

What the real shame is that LE will have to stop relief efforts to put a stop to the looting.

What .gov agenct is to blame??? Stupidest question I have ever heard on this board.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I blame the chaos mostly on the looters, although the local and state governments bear some of the blame as well for not being proactive.  Local law enforcement is a responsibility of local government, not the federal government.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The government isn't to blame for the lawlessness in NO.  It is the fault of the individuals.  It is governments fault for the fuel shortage.  If they didn't over-regulate the energy sector and if they hadn't kiss the ass of radical enviromentalists we wouldn't be able to better absorbe this shock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't blame anybody.  This is a natural reaction.  The peole in that area are reverting back to a primal type society, they are doing wht they deem necessary to survive, are they correct, prbably not.  Should they be stopped, absolutely.  Is it Bush's fault, no.  It is true that no amount of preperation could prevenmt this from happening, so we a s apeople need to prepare "OURSELVES"  for these type of events.  The local govt as well as the national govt is doing all they can at this point.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The government isn't to blame for the lawlessness in NO.  It is the fault of the individuals.  It is governments fault for the fuel shortage.  If they didn't over-regulate the energy sector and if they hadn't kiss the ass of radical enviromentalists we wouldn't be able to better absorbe this shock.

Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top