Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 2:08:27 AM EDT
FYI- there is a tournament in which SWAT teams go head to head in different courses where they manuver through obsticle courses and shooting ranges. This year the GSG-9 came. Game Over.
The GSG-9 is the rough German equivalent of the 22 SAS or Seal Team 6. It is thier militaries counter terror team, which has seen action. They are one of the best counter terror teams on the planet, so its no wonder they decimated beat cops in tactical gear. I am not putting down SWAT cops, but they just cannot compare to one of the worlds best counter terror teams. They won every event, and badly...no one came close. Not that this is suprising, but I wonder why they were allowed to compete? The organizers didn't realize they would embarass everyone? Eventually ESPN stopped covering their events and focused on San Antonio, Dallas and LAPD SWAT teams.
They acted like the GSG-9 weren't there...It was cool to see them tear it up with USP's and Sig 55x's though. Anyone catch this?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I saw it late last year or early part of this year. IIRC one of the LAPD swat guys was also on that USA show "Combat Missions" I want to say his name was Terry or Tracy.  I liked it, was a pretty neat event.

Edit: I'm a dumbass.  Jody Taylor was the guy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Have they incorporated the "address Recognition" portion into the competition?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]
... I've been trying to catch this show for some time.

Does it come on again?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They always told me to look for the "Beware of Dog" sign  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FYI- there is a tournament in which SWAT teams go head to head in different courses where they manuver through obsticle courses and shooting ranges. This year the GSG-9 came. Game Over.
The GSG-9 is the rough German equivalent of the 22 SAS or Seal Team 6. It is thier militaries counter terror team, which has seen action. They are one of the best counter terror teams on the planet, so its no wonder they decimated beat cops in tactical gear. I am not putting down SWAT cops, but they just cannot compare to one of the worlds best counter terror teams. They won every event, and badly...no one came close. Not that this is suprising, but I wonder why they were allowed to compete? The organizers didn't realize they would embarass everyone? Eventually ESPN stopped covering their events and focused on San Antonio, Dallas and LAPD SWAT teams.
They acted like the GSG-9 weren't there...It was cool to see them tear it up with USP's and Sig 55x's though. Anyone catch this?

You know the Germans have the best gear and training
Are they going to come back  next year?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]
GSG-9 cleaned up?

Well, it kinda stands to reason.  

You glean the best sample from a city and you get a pretty good group.

You glean the best sample from an entire country (which has mandatory military service for men), and you're going to get a much better group.

Exactly like comparing a high school football team to a Division One college team.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:32:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top