Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 10:14:04 PM EDT
I'm trying to get a .wav file I have on my computer that is only a second long to use on my cell phone.  I need to figure out how to make that one second file repeat for about 4 or 5 seconds.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
hard to explain how but here's the general concept...

use windows sound recorder found under "accessories"

play the wav file using windows media player but put it on repeat.

under the sound recorder settings, select the default playback device as your recording source.

then record what is playing out of your speakers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Use the audio editor.

Choose "select all", or highlight the part you want to repeat. Cut it (ctrl-C), then paste it as many times as you want after the initial .wav (ctrl-V). Save the file, whala.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Use the audio editor.

Choose "select all", or highlight the part you want to repeat. Cut it (ctrl-C), then paste it as many times as you want after the initial .wav (ctrl-V). Save the file, whala.

+1 Cut and paste the same.

I do not completely understand what you wanted to do or why you wanted to use NERO. But if you are going to use Nero, the only way I can think of is to "add" the file 4 times so you can achieve the 4 sec. wav file you wanted. BUT this is on the assumption that you want to BURN the file in a CD.

If you want upload in to your phone via the PC, then use a sound editor program.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I just click on the "repeat" button on my Nero Media Player.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
RTFM

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top