Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 9:35:50 PM EDT
It was just reported that the first bus to arrive at the Astrodome was a school bus driven by some 20 year old and the passengers were not even from the Superdome. Unreal.

Stolen buses, mail trucks, boats. People looting. People raping. People shooting. What the hell is gonna happen next down there?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Why was the other thread locked?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You have a higher post count than he does.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My guess is it was more of a random thought and could have just been thrown into one of the other 600 threads about looters.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: I'm sexier though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
ETA.....just heard another report on CNN and evidently a second "renegade" bus showed up tonight full of people fleeing LA. But neither renegade bus was a planned part of the convoy to bring people from the Superdome to Houston.

Man, I hope they don't get many more of these "renegade" buses. It would suck to have twice as many people show up as they are prepared to care for and deal with. It would be about as bad as the conditions in NO if that happened.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Lets keep a running score going.  So far, stolen buses are leading 2-0.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats gonna suck is when they crash or run out of gas in a nieghborhood .
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]

What the hell is gonna happen next down there?

I see 'alternative transportation' becoming popular.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Lets keep a running score going.  So far, stolen buses are leading 2-0.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#12]
OMG,  lemme get this straight......  TWO buses have shown up that where not part of the convoy that left the Superdome??

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Let me get this straight... Undocumented bus drivers rescuing the opressed, right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OMG,  lemme get this straight......  TWO buses have shown up that where not part of the convoy that left the Superdome??

You got it. Both were school buses, one of which was driven by a damn 20 year old kid. Dunno how they came into possession of them or how it was all planned out, but it wasn't a legit part of the transfer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#15]
wonder if they are even from no. or just looking to cash in on some handouts and housing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ETA.....just heard another report on CNN and evidently a second "renegade" bus showed up tonight full of people fleeing LA. But neither renegade bus was a planned part of the convoy to bring people from the Superdome to Houston.

Man, I hope they don't get many more of these "renegade" buses. It would suck to have twice as many people show up as they are prepared to care for and deal with. It would be about as bad as the conditions in NO if that happened.

They had a mob of LA refuges outside the Astrodome that were not part of the Superdome crowd, trying to get into the Astrodome. This was reported last night, they were not going to allow them in.

Folks, it's gonna get real fucking ugly.

If you have a home along the way. I'd be afraid to leave it unattended. "Houston, we have a problem."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:37:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It may have led the readers to believe that the thief was colored and that would not be PC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top