Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 6:03:33 PM EDT
I don't get unemployment either. 3rd time in a year and a half. I am just sick of everything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang in there, brother.

What line of work are you in? Maybe someone here can lend you a hand or land you an interview....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that.  Have you considered self-employment? There are alot of resources available to help small biz.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You live in Cincinnati?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
hang in there.  I hope things start looking up for you.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
What are your skills/abilities? There is a metric shitload of construction going on in the Ohio River Valley right now. Every AEP power plant is scrambling to get their Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) and/or Scrubbers online by 2008. On top of that, many coal plants are taking advantage of the high-efficiency FGD/SCR technology to add Coal Blending facilities. There is so much work in the power industry right now it's simply staggering. If you have any construction/engineering/project management skills whatsoever, there's a place for you in power RIGHT NOW, particularly in Ohio!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Why can't you get unemployment insurance?

Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why can't you get unemployment insurance?

Good luck to you.

May have run out if he has been laid off this often in a short period of time...

Happened to a friend of mine in DE
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't get unemployment either. 3rd time in a year and a half. I am just sick of everything.

I hear you-I'm into month nine of unemployment. I'm strongly entertaining the thought of heading to one of the Gulf States for some temporary work. There's going to be plenty of work, everything from clearing fallen trees with a chain saw, on to working for insurance companies that will be settling claims. And unfortunately, these jobs will be around for quite some time. Just a thought.

Good luck to you. Above all, keep the network alive!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there.  I hope things get better for you soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top