BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 5:26:14 PM EDT

Now y'all are in trouble.

Time to make the donuts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this mean there's a Glock 18 in your future ?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Does this mean $900 MP-5's for SteyrAUG?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Your dogs are living on borrowed time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that 500 bucks paid every year?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Add this to all the other "Show-Off" threads of SA's. If I see another MP5 I'm gonna puke. I'm looking at how I would incorporate when I'm 21 in Florida. How would one go about that and maintaining it? Because I am definitely getting an FFL and SOT.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is that 500 bucks paid every year?

Yepper, and that's in addition to the cost of the FFL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Add this to all the other "Show-Off" threads of SA's. If I see another MP5 I'm gonna puke. I'm looking at how I would incorporate when I'm 21 in Florida. How would one go about that and maintaining it? Because I am definitely getting an FFL and SOT.

You pay an accountant to set up an S-Corp. Cheap compared to the FFL/SOT.

If you're local enough I'll help you get started. I've helped about a dozen locals get their FFL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Class III?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Class III?

Yup. Class III Dealer = NFA Dealer = FFL/SOT
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Actually I've got my eye on a FN-MAG.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Snob.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale. Also, if I'm correct, don't you need a demo letter with the SOTs, but if you are incorporated, then you don't need the SOT? I get confused with all the hubbub.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale. Also, if I'm correct, don't you need a demo letter with the SOTs, but if you are incorporated, then you don't need the SOT? I get confused with all the hubbub.

Hell you're next door. When you're ready to proceed let me know.

Everyone needs a demo letter to get ANY post sample. It doesn't matter if you are incorporated or not.

If you are NOT a FFL or a SOT and just a private individual but you do have a corporation you can purchase a NFA item through your corp. and don't need a CLEO signoff and the transfer is a lot faster. But the corp. (and not you as an individual) owns the item and if you ever dissolve the corp. you will have to pay the tax a second time to transfer the item from the corp. to you and you WILL need a CLEO signoff.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bastard!

... You need a FN P90 too

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome

Max
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the "tactical zombie supplies" part of your business name for real?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is the "tactical zombie supplies" part of your business name for real?

No the actual name of our shop is "Fucking Liberals Guns."

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#19]

congrats SteyrAug

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Kabump.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Please tell me you have a shop somewhere. I need to see some NFA guns!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#23]
SteyrAUG, you have panache.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone needs a demo letter to get ANY post sample. It doesn't matter if you are incorporated or not.

If you are NOT a FFL or a SOT and just a private individual but you do have a corporation you can purchase a NFA item through your corp. and don't need a CLEO signoff and the transfer is a lot faster. But the corp. (and not you as an individual) owns the item and if you ever dissolve the corp. you will have to pay the tax a second time to transfer the item from the corp. to you and you WILL need a CLEO signoff.

Couldnt you make your own HK sears and DIASs without the demo letter?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Just listen for the music and get your butt curbside with a few thousand dollars when the truck is in your neighborhood.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

I could if I was an 07 Manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just listen for the music and get your butt curbside with a few thousand dollars when the truck is in your neighborhood.

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDvAt4V2zIPrwkU8LdLa5f1KV3Iv2cGAH52H*Aen9Tdy3f7Ft9JBEnbmil!z*57R7tpeMhFlv930CdlbfxL3Ip0t0O5bP*hyXsQqq9b2J3brdyoAEwTew/icecream%202.jpg

I knew my dream would come true!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#29]
i thought you were always an SOT

i got my EIN number but i don't think i'm going to go through with the SOT, not until i'm convinced there will be a market for any of it down here anyway.............
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#30]
SteyrAUG, where are you located? in TX I hope.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i thought you were always an SOT

i got my EIN number but i don't think i'm going to go through with the SOT, not until i'm convinced there will be a market for any of it down here anyway.............

No, all my personal NFA toys were acquired prior to becoming a FFL. I had a SOT the first year but the local sheriff wasn't signing Form 4s so I didn't even do enough sales to cover the $500 tax.

Now that the Sheriff is signing again (he got served with a bunch of writs from the local Class III community) I decided to SOT again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
SteyrAUG, where are you located? in TX I hope.

South Florida.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#33]
You're "UNEMPLOYED"  so says the EIN section.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#34]
damn! I cant find nobody friendly in TX (Dallas)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You're "UNEMPLOYED"  so says the EIN section.

Do you think that is my actual physical address too?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
damn! I cant find nobody friendly in TX (Dallas)

Tell TexRdnec to add his SOT.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really really hate you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Could you also make one if you were a 02?

If you are a 02, can't you both maufacture NFA items and sell them as well?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#39]
So much did this cost you in addition to the $500 on this form?

I've been thinking of getting an FFL but want to know the start up costs.

Also, how do you get the demo letter?  You need an agency head to give you a letter?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Could you also make one if you were a 02?

If you are a 02, can't you both maufacture NFA items and sell them as well?

Not sure. Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So much did this cost you in addition to the $500 on this form?

I've been thinking of getting an FFL but want to know the start up costs.

Also, how do you get the demo letter?  You need an agency head to give you a letter?

Depends. If you are in an area where you can actually get code and zoned for a home FFL your costs will simply be the FFL, Occupational Licenses, SOT, etc.

If you can't get code and zoned you are gonna need commerical office or warehouse space as your licensed premise.

And yes if you want post samples you will need a department letterhead for each post sample. This means you will need to find an angency willing to demo those guns and provide you with a demo request letter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top