Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 5:04:11 PM EDT
This morning taking my shower I though I found a great big zit in my groin area.  That sucker was huge and when I went to pop it nothing squirted or shot out.  I had to go to class right away so I couldn't really think about it but I realized throughout the day that it really still did hurt.  Not normal for a zit.  It's still tender this evening.

Did some looking around online and it was right in one of the areas swollen lymph nodes seem to appear.  Along the arteries at groin, underarm and neck.  I'm pretty sure what I did was rupture a swollen lymph node.

Should I be concerned about this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You likely busted a cyst… which could cause a blood infection and kill you, I am not joking. It can happen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Shave with the grain.

Internal rupture of a cyst isn't good.   You couldn't stand to squeeze a lympth hard enough to even get close to rupturing one as they can stretch quite a bit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends.......are all your affairs in order, and have you lived a full life?

Never heard of anyone popping a lymph node, maybe you are the first, if you are worried get it checked
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
There went your sex life.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
a lymph node is more of a mass of tissue...not like a pus-filled 'sac' that can 'pop'

The idea that it was a cyst/boil/infection sounds more plausible to me
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Standard ARFCOM answer------You are going to die, send me your guns.

KRPIND's answer......I don't have a clue. Go to the doctor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably a cellulitis. Better see the doc to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, starting to think it was a cyst/boil after all.  It really didn't cause me any more pain to rupture it than your run of the mill zit would.  

Btw, I don't shave my nether region.  Just run it over with some clippers every few weeks.  I don't have anybody to impress.  Not likely to be an ingrown hair I think.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Standard ARFCOM answer------You are going to die, send me your guns.

KRPIND's answer......I don't have a clue. Go to the doctor.

Makes sense.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah, starting to think it was a cyst/boil after all.  It really didn't cause me any more pain to rupture it than your run of the mill zit would.  

Btw, I don't shave my nether region.  Just run it over with some clippers every few weeks.  I don't have anybody to impress.  Not likely to be an ingrown hair I think.

You don't have to shave there to get an ingrown,  Shaving that region just increases the odds alot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a boil which you popped internally - bad deal.  Yes, you can get an infection in  your blood and die.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
hat
No it's not a lymph node,  they do swell but you cant really rupture them by squeezing, they are attatched to vessels and are only holding areas for lymph, platelets, t-cells and they clean the lymph of dead WBC's and bacteria hense swelling at times. Most likey a cist and yes they hurt bad and will last for a few weeks before it clears up.
If it gets really infected it may have to get lanced and drained.  Uh, by a professional I might add.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top