Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 4:16:45 PM EDT
I was born and raised in Baton Rouge and my brother is a B.R. city cop.  He says the problem now is that alot of the animals and looters are looking for a place to store and use their newly acquired "belongings" and they are traveling to Baton Rouge and other areas westward.  There are some legitaimate refugees heading toward B.R. but with them comes all the trash and filth of N.O.  I volunteered to ride shotgun in his patrol car with a locked-and-loaded M4 but his dpet frowned on that.  He has the everning patrol in the "getto" part of the city and he has seen a drastic increase in scum and they are anticipating alot worse as B.R. is trying to have power restored by next week.  N.O. always had the most corrupt police dept and city government in the state when I was growing up.  If you don't mind, pray for him and the rest of the police officers in that state.  There are still some good ones there.  

B.P.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.  Please stay safe, and your bro. too.

Nothing you can carry off is worth dying for.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they heading for smaller towns too? Have relatives outside Pineville...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent, but you may have to loan your bro the M4.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the elderly refugees in the B.R. shelter were robbed 'repeatedly' by some of the local 'citizens' last night (their first night in B.R.).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in BR so it's good to know that info. I just got home from work and I swear the population of BR has swelled considerably due to refugees from NO. Traffic was BAD... and I used to live in California. I wont be going anywhere w/o at least my Glock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Your and your bro stay safe man.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Pineville should be okay.  It's at least 3 hours NW of N.O.  And the problem is that the roads are flooded with traffic.  It took my parents 2 1/2 hours to go 4 miles to church tonight.  The roads are just full with people escaping, and the next large area is B.R.  They estimate it will be the largest city in B.R. now because of all the influx of people.  It is a zoo down there and it is getting worse and it's spreading east since they can't go ant other direction.

B.P.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
The NL should be in the towns around the affected area....that is where the trouble is about to begin.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
IBTL........

Stay armed, and keep your family aware of "the plan" for a large contingent of thugs/looters making their way to you house.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You folks in LA have some real problems, one natural and the other man-made, that is  exacerbating an already a painful problem.

I think the news media has been holding off on report the bad stuff, but it is getting so bad that they can't help but report it as it happens.

Becareful.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]
You're right we have some problems down there.  But there are some real good people in LA.  Two trees fell on my parents house and within 15 minutes there was a half-a-dozen people out in the rain with chain saws and tar paper to cover their roof to keep the water out.  You have to realize, the majority of people from LA don't really claim N.O. because it is always a zoo.  This just brought alot of it to light and gave them a chance to show themselves off.

B.P.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Having worked in La. for an extended period of time I got to know many of the "real" people of the state. Most all were good working folks who would help you with out thought. That beening said, most also told me to stay away from N.O. because of the "trash" there. If it is true that they are moving out to out lying areas let them come face to face with some of coonass's the gators will eat well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
N.O. always had the most corrupt police dept and city government in the state when I was growing up.  

If not the country, dude.  

I dont have cable, so I'm just seeing the footage of peoples' neighborhoods as the reporters go around the streets in an airboat.  It's so tragic, all these people up to their armpits in water, staying with their houses.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, looting are what those guys do best!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I was born and raised in Baton Rouge and my brother is a B.R. city cop. He says the problem now is that alot of the animals and looters are looking for a place to store and use their newly acquired "belongings" and they are traveling to Baton Rouge and other areas westward. There are some legitaimate refugees heading toward B.R. but with them comes all the trash and filth of N.O. I volunteered to ride shotgun in his patrol car with a locked-and-loaded M4 but his dpet frowned on that. He has the everning patrol in the "getto" part of the city and he has seen a drastic increase in scum and they are anticipating alot worse as B.R. is trying to have power restored by next week. N.O. always had the most corrupt police dept and city government in the state when I was growing up. If you don't mind, pray for him and the rest of the police officers in that state. There are still some good ones there.

B.P.

I'm sure most of us still respect the good folks who live outside of NOLA.  It's like someone lumping us who live in Michigan with Detoit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I am ready and waiting if they make it this far.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Send some of them up to Dallas.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of them are in Houston already
I heard one of them on the radio today say
"I don't want to start a riot or anything, but........."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#19]
North Arline hwy is gonna be a blast this weekend,
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No shit??

Unfreaking real...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit??
Unfreaking real...
Bigfeet

The ones that did not go into the superdome heard that the ones IN the superdome
were being evacuated to the astrodome and would be provided for(for weeks\months?)
they knew that only the ones in the superdome would be allowed into the dome
so they were at the dome today threatening to follow the busses into the dome
even if they had to "bum rush" the gate with their cars, "I don't want to start a riot or anything"
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Send some of them up to Dallas.

Indeed. Sounds fun.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit??
Unfreaking real...
Bigfeet

The ones that did not go into the superdome heard that the ones IN the superdome
were being evacuated to the astrodome and would be provided for(for weeks\months?)
even if they had to "bum rush" the gate with their cars, "I don't want to start a riot or anything"

They're in Dallas too, at Reunion Arena.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit??
Unfreaking real...
Bigfeet

Never met a Texan I liked but I hope you guys make it through OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top