Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 3:55:22 PM EDT
Sheperd Smith just gave a quick reference to another reporter who is "coming up soon" who "witnessed" citizens with AK47s in the street.

Details are sketchy... we're looking at some serious looters or Arfcommers...

Probly looters  

I'll give the media 2 days before the major anti-gun spin starts.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course, the implication being that the looters have their mitts on automatic weapons.  Highly unlikely.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The reporter that was on claims that some guys in a truck shot up a police station with AKs.

I don't know why people are pussyfooting around the situation.  Sweep the city, cuff anyone that looks suspicious, and shoot anyone armed with anything remotely sharp or pointy.  

Everyone is congregating/looting in the areas not flooded too badly... it would be an easy sweep... all it takes is manpower and such resources will most likely be available tomorrow as the sports arena is emptied.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Make that 7 threads about this currently active.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't there any good guys with guns in NO.  All I've seen so far is one old guy with an 870.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The reporter that was on claims that some guys in a truck shot up a police station with AKs.

I don't know why people are pussyfooting around the situation.  Sweep the city, cuff anyone that looks suspicious, and shoot anyone armed with anything remotely sharp or pointy.  

Everyone is congregating/looting in the areas not flooded too badly... it would be an easy sweep... all it takes is manpower and such resources will most likely be available tomorrow as the sports arena is emptied.

- BG

Screw that!! I would hate to think that if I was  down there with my family protecting them and Joe Six Pack Cop shows up to bust my chops about "being armed" and "disarming me for my own good"
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it is stupid to report on heresay.  Probably shot at police with a mini 14, or worse, like a rem. pump action .223 or something.  If you report you need better facts than the cops told you so.  If the people shooting speed off in a truck and are not caught, how do you identify the driveby wepon, and how many were used.  Could have been anything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Screw that!! I would hate to think that if I was  down there with my family protecting them and Joe Six Pack Cop shows up to bust my chops about "being armed" and "disarming me for my own good"

Anyone with the moral fortitude to protect their family at all costs left that city before the storm hit.

The dregs of society are left (excluding the elderly, hospital patients, etc.).

I don't include you in any of those groups... and I would hope that you were smart enough to get the hell out.  

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#8]
News crews are hinting that things are going downhill... (security wise)

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Gee, ya think so?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Of course, the implication being that the looters have their mitts on automatic weapons.  Highly unlikely.  

The looters did steal all the guns from Walmart! Guns is guns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, ya think so?

they were referring to personal security of the news crews this evening vs. prior evenings... couple days without much food or water makes the natives restless... the city being without power is utterly dark, and the generators and floodlights of news crews will attract "interest" like moths drawn to a flame...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
as night falls, those wal-mart guns are gonna find the news crews, hec even the rescue crews.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
When the stores get completely looted out of their food, it's going to get twice as ugly. Right now it appears greed is a big factor. Soon it's going to be survival.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
gotta figure more than a few folks will know enough not to drink the water, and will be suckin down booze instead... if there are NG in there tonight, hope they are using NV and not drawing attention to themselves with (visible) lights...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder which military unit is going to be ordered to attack and pacify the insurgents in NO.  Once they have gathered up all the food and water and fortified a bit, it's going to take armor to get them out.  Cool!  American soldiers attacking (some) American citizens.  Going to be interesting.
matthew
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Heh, maybe I could knock off a looter and take his rifle.

Cool.

I have to ask though-if a Looter came and tried to steal your property and threatened you (in NO) and you shot him dead, would you take his gun?

And let the water deal with the body?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
A stateside NG unit with NV?  Why do I highly doubt that possiblity...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, ya think so?

they were referring to personal security of the news crews this evening vs. prior evenings... couple days without much food or water makes the natives restless... the city being without power is utterly dark, and the generators and floodlights of news crews will attract "interest" like moths drawn to a flame...

And it doesn't help that the newsies are usually A) clean; B) well-fed; C) have water handy; and D) asking stupid questions about "what do you need" and "how are you feeling."

I give it two more days before some news crew goes down.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]

And it doesn't help that the newsies are usually A) clean; B) well-fed; C) have water handy; and D) asking stupid questions about "what do you need" and "how are you feeling."

I give it two more days before some news crew goes down.

That would be fucking sweet.  I doubt we would see it, though.  Fingers would be broken in the control room mashing the off-button.  The media is there to help, after all.
matthew
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
hehe here a pretty gun savvy guy from another forum i hit talking abouit going into NO

LINKY
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I wonder which military unit is going to be ordered to attack and pacify the insurgents in NO.  Once they have gathered up all the food and water and fortified a bit, it's going to take armor to get them out.  Cool!  American soldiers attacking (some) American citizens.  Going to be interesting.
matthew

I think these "looters" will scatter like cockroaches in the face of ANY organized and serious attempt to restore law and order.

Right now they are running rampant, because there is no law an order at all, and no consequence to their behavior.  But as soon as the Orkin Man arrives, they'll scurry for the shadows and not reappear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think he called them "citizens."

Most likely gang bangers who have been looting gun stores. Mostly doubt they are actually AK47s.

Probably some tarantula heads with SKS rifles.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
hehe here a pretty gun savvy guy from another forum i hit talking abouit going into NO

LINKY

Latest post:

An officer just put in an "ammo order" for some 5.56 ammo (m-16) and 5 cases of 9mm.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1174992&page=12&pp=20
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Cool.

I have to ask though-if a Looter came and tried to steal your property and threatened you (in NO) and you shot him dead, would you take his gun?

How else could you possibly handle it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.

If you shot him, he'd drop his gun in the water and you'd never see it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Mogadishu meets Water World.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
gotta figure more than a few folks will know enough not to drink the water, and will be suckin down booze instead... if there are NG in there tonight, hope they are using NV and not drawing attention to themselves with (visible) lights...

While watching the clip on TV of the 2 NOPD officerettes looting the store "Just doing my job" I watched the camera pan past the Liquor shelves. To my amazement, they were....... EMPTY! Probably just weren't re-stocked before the hurricane. Since the looters undocumented shoppers were only removing survival necessities.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
matthew

I think these "looters" will scatter like cockroaches in the face of ANY organized and serious attempt to restore law and order.

Right now they are running rampant, because there is no law an order at all, and no consequence to their behavior.  But as soon as the Orkin Man arrives, they'll scurry for the shadows and not reappear.

Not so sure about that with this group. They've been oppressed and put down by THE MAN for 200 years, so they're taking back what is THEIRS! It is going to get really nasty there really quick. Probably best just to back off and let this one burn itself out. Food, booze, and dope is going to run out soon, then the S will really HTF with this group of animals. Couple that with the fact that the HIV+ rate in NOLA is probably the same as subSaharan Africa(the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals did a blind study on newborn PKU blood samples and that area had 33% of newborns being HIV+) so when the diseases do break out such as typhoid and cholera. It is going to go through them like crap through a goose.

I don't see anything good coming from that hell hole.

wganz

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been seeing the "looter looting for guns" thing too. But the police intrviews don't indicate it as being a serious problem... yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Probably more likely.

I'm sure not all police inventory is under guard as it was... a week ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Neither one did well at the domestic box-office.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Aren't there any good guys with guns in NO.  All I've seen so far is one old guy with an 870.

What's feaky is that looked just like a scene from "Dawn of the Dead".
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither one did well at the domestic box-office.

Where's web footed Kevin Costner and Dennis Hopper with his eye patch?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably more likely.

I'm sure not all police inventory is under guard as it was... a week ago.

I saw a looter carrying what looked like a bullet proof vest with POLICE written across the back.  Must have got to the police station late and missed out on the cool gats ...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

LINKY

Tell those folks AK47s aren't on the street!  I hate how everything is AK47 and M16!  Full auto weapons are not on the street.  And 5.56 is not just an M16 round!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#37]
The three S's still apply:
Shoot
Sink
Shut Up

Quoted:
And let the water deal with the body

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.

If you shot him, he'd drop his gun in the water and you'd never see it.

Wow, pre-owned boating accident rifle...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

"tarantula head"

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"tarantula head"

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#41]
what these assholes dont realize, if they fuck with the NG and the PoPo, and make it unsafe, they will pull out.

Then it gets interesting
A giant maze, with no water , food,, infested with diseases

It will get medeival(red dawn)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
what these assholes dont realize, if they fuck with the NG and the PoPo, and make it unsafe, they will pull out.

Then it gets interesting
A giant maze, with no water , food,, infested with diseases

It will get medeival(red dawn)

Yep, "Escape From New York" with a moat instead of a wall.  Where's Snake Plisskin when you need him?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top