Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 2:32:37 PM EDT
… has not come to an end!

… There will be millions of people BBQ'ing outside this coming wonderful, three-day Labor Day weekend. Ice cold beer will be served. Puppies will be born, new music will be written and some of us may even get to the range to do some shooting. There will be wonderful nature-walks, bicycle-rides going on in perfectly fine weather. Kids will play with their dads. Friends will gather and laugh out loud.

... We’re coming up on a one-year anniversary of successfully lobbying the AWB sunset – congratulate yourself on a job well done. Human longevity is up, gardens are flourishing and the crime rate is down in the country for the 5th straight year. Adjusting for inflation, many of us are doing better financially than we ever have. There are more republicans in office than democrats. Interest rates are low, incomes are up. More families own homes in the US than at anytime in history. Debilitating diseases are half of what they were a century ago.

... Dang folks, I’m not trying to minimize the suffering of our fellow man, but hello, the world has not ended.

... You can’t do much about the bad news, but you can do a few things that will help you cope with the current situation:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Cut back on non-essential foods and lose some weight

• Economize your trips in the car (do I really need to go now)

• Increase your physical stamina

• Remind those you love that you really do

• Relax and go for a walk instead of watching a silly re-run on TV

• Take a second (or third) look at your budget and trim the fat

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden

• … and help someone out that doesn’t have it as well as you

Cheer up folks, we haven’t blown up the entire world just yet!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:33:42 PM EDT
    [#1]
    As always Im expecting everything to go to hell.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:34:27 PM EDT
    [#2]
    And, in 2 months time, In Range will have my AK-102 clone done.............I think most people are geared for the Apocalypse, but the world isnt coming to an end.......just gonna get tricky for awhile  
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:39:55 PM EDT
    [#3]
    Right you are!

I'm thinking of taking the family up North to get some looting in before the end of the Summer.
    Christmas is right around the corner and it wouldn't hurt to get some early "shopping" in while the
    good deals are still around.

Anyone recommend some good looting sites in the mid-state NH area?
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:41:29 PM EDT
    [#4]

Quoted:
    Right you are!

I'm thinking of taking the family up North to get some looting in before the end of the Summer.
    Christmas is right around the corner and it wouldn't hurt to get some early "shopping" in while the

Close to the ghetto and stick with the crowd
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:41:34 PM EDT
    [#5]
    Wow I made an "I don't care thread" and people called me a crybaby!!

Go figure.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:43:36 PM EDT
    [#6]

Quoted:
    Right you are!

Don't you have a Supreme Ct Justice or 2 up your way? Why not a little "Imminent Pain"?

ETA: If by "family" you mean children, take them along. If it's for their sake, a little looting is cool!
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:44:16 PM EDT
    [#7]
    Wow - thanks for pulling me back WW.

Very good suggestions. This is THE time for a very hard close-up look at the lives we are leading.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:47:22 PM EDT
    [#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
    Right you are!

Close to the ghetto and stick with the crowd

From what I've read here on GD, Wal-mart/looters will have some ebay stores opening up soon.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:49:22 PM EDT
    [#9]

Quoted:

… There will be millions of people BBQ'ing outside this coming wonderful, three-day Labor Day weekend. Ice cold beer will be served. Puppies will be born, new music will be written and some of us may even get to the range to do some shooting. There will be wonderful nature-walks, bicycle-rides going on in perfectly fine weather. Kids will play with their dads. Friends will gather and laugh out loud.

... We’re coming up on a one-year anniversary of successfully lobbying the AWB sunset – congratulate yourself on a job well done. Human longevity is up, gardens are flourishing and the crime rate is down in the country for the 5th straight year. Adjusting for inflation, many of us are doing better financially than we ever have. There are more republicans in office than democrats. Interest rates are low, incomes are up. More families own homes in the US than at anytime in history. Debilitating diseases are half of what they were a century ago.

... Dang folks, I’m not trying to minimize the suffering of our fellow man, but hello, the world has not ended.

... You can’t do much about the bad news, but you can do a few things that will help you cope with the current situation:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden
  • <-------FAG!!!!

… and help someone out that doesn’t have it as well as you

Fixed it for you!
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:53:17 PM EDT
    [#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden
  • <-------FAG!!!!

… and help someone out that doesn’t have it as well as you

Fixed it for you!

Grow hops and barly.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:15:03 PM EDT
    [#11]
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:18:50 PM EDT
    [#12]
    Is this a conspiracy to put the gubmint out of business? They're not gonna like that.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:22:18 PM EDT
    [#13]
    Great post. Finally, someone who gets it. Although I feel great sorrow for those who have lost
    everything, I find great joy in knowing that I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:29:02 PM EDT
    [#14]
    Quit trying so shove rainbows up my butt while I'm loading mags.

Great post
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:30:50 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Well, thanks a lot Winston. Here I was, getting ready to go all Road Warrior and shit, and you come along and give everybody a reality check. What am I supposed to do with this mohawk & shoulder pads now?

Guess I'll just have to barbeque and get in some range time this weekend (sigh).
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:32:47 PM EDT
    [#16]
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:35:20 PM EDT
    [#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden of high profit weeds

Fixed it for you!

Fixed again!
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:42:37 PM EDT
    [#18]

Quoted:
    This is a trick to get us to come out of our bunkers, do not fall for it.

I'm not.....this guy can get his Peaches & Cream a$$ out of here for all I care.......

Actually good post......if we could just get the oil company execs to read it.....I understand supply and demand but the demand is not that much larger than it was just 24 months ago.....and despite the recent problems in the gulf supply has not diminished......
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:47:39 PM EDT
    [#19]

Quoted:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden

I knew it. My booney hat makes me look fat doesn't it?

Seriously though, we can always count on WW to be positive about things no matter what.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:14 PM EDT
    [#20]

Quoted:
    I knew it. My booney hat makes me look fat doesn't it?

No, your fat ass makes your ass look fat.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:55 PM EDT
    [#21]
    You are so right Winston - Thanks for the refreshing positive out look our nation needs.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:59:11 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Dude....I am NOT quitting smoking.  but the rest is a good point
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:09:11 PM EDT
    [#23]

Quoted:
    shhhhhhhh.... your going to upset the guys in the survival forum

our tinfoil alerts us to posts like this.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:14:54 PM EDT
    [#24]

Quoted:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden

You forgot to mention to invest in energy stocks...
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:38:46 PM EDT
    [#25]
    I already bought beer for Labor Day.  Partiers have already been invited.  I do not have too much concern for those who were ordered to evacuate, and did not.  I am sure I was already buying their food and paying for their medicare already.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:44:55 PM EDT
    [#26]
    Winston Wolf +1
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:55 PM EDT
    [#27]
    Nice post, WW.  

Sounds alot like John Titor's advice.  And we still have time to get a few of those things done before the civil war in 2010.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:48:11 PM EDT
    [#28]

Quoted:
    Nice post, WW.  

Sounds alot like John Titor's advice.  And we still have time to get a few of those things done before the civil war in 2010.

Oh, shit.  I knew it was just a matter of time before John Titor was invoked.  
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:51:02 PM EDT
    [#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
    Nice post, WW.  

Oh, shit.  I knew it was just a matter of time before John Titor was invoked.  

Looks like someone traveled back to 1995 to get that web site made.. ugh.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:52:23 PM EDT
    [#30]

Quoted:
    As always Im expecting everything to go to hell.

You mean it's not all there already?
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:54:22 PM EDT
    [#31]
    Wow, it didn't hit me for a few minutes. It really has been almost a year since the AWB sunset. You guys haven't seen blood in the streets have you?
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:56:42 PM EDT
    [#32]

Quoted:
    Right you are!

Any where in Manchester or Nashua is OK with me,

I'm planning on moving towards Concord this fall, so please loot south of the I-91 toll, say.. Hookset and points south?

Thanks.

X
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:00:37 PM EDT
    [#33]
    perspective.

'This too shall pass' eh?
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:45:59 PM EDT
    [#34]
    No doubt you’re right.

Still, I’m keeping an ample stock of ammo in reserve.  

I’ve also improved your list:

Quoted:
  • Relax and go for a walk instead of watching a silly re-run on TV arguing with deranged individuals on the Internet!

• Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:58:59 PM EDT
    [#35]
    I knew the end was near when it became fashionable for young women to follow me around with a plastic bag and collect my poop.
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:06:57 PM EDT
    [#36]
    Great post, but I'm not just ready to give up my Marlboros...........but it's getting closer
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:12:53 PM EDT
    [#37]

Quoted:

• Count your blessings

• Quit smoking now

• Tune up your bicycle

• Paint your garage door

• Learn a trade or skill

• Grow a garden

Please e-mail this to 10 of your friends or you will have bad luck and break you leg like Bill Feeblester of Urbania, OH did after he didn't send it to 10 of his friends

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:53:12 AM EDT
    [#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please e-mail this to 10 of your friends or you will have bad luck and break you leg like Bill Feeblester of Urbania, OH did after he didn't send it to 10 of his friends

... LMFAO!
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:06:00 AM EDT
    [#39]
    I was hoping for apost like this.  I've been expecting the email garbage of Nostradamus' predictions, bible passages, Koran quotes, and Art Bell-type freaks all predicting the end of the world.  

Like he said about life going on, I will be on a lake in Corpus Christi, cooking fajitas, playing on the Sea Doo, and taking pictures of my two boys with my 91-year old grandfather.  And during all of that time, I refuse to give a shit about gas prices, stampeding in Iraq, the misguided mother of a fallen comrade in arms, or chimpanze genomes.
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:07:08 AM EDT
    [#40]
    I just shuddered when I read your title...

"Life as you know it has come to one screechin', f#c&in' halt!" SFC Gamache, USA.

Amazing how you remember those things...
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:18:45 AM EDT
    [#41]

Good post WW!

I know I'll be doin' some shootin' this weekend.
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:24:40 AM EDT
    [#42]
    Great post, Winston!  
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:56:43 AM EDT
    [#43]

Whew, I just quickly sent it off to 10 people.  I do not need to break another leg again...

Bigfeet

PS Nice job there Winston...
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:22:09 AM EDT
    [#44]
    If I 'back to top' this, and 10 people read it, does that count?

BTT ^
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:31:33 AM EDT
    [#45]
    Labor day weekend for me:

Food
    Beer
    Guns
    Tobacco

repeat.
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top