Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 1:20:16 PM EDT
Giving a rundown on his plans to cope with the disaster..Should be on all stations
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
He doesn't have the balls to declare Martial Law..

The Mayors and the Governors already failed at that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
All of NO will be evacuated and recvoery will take years.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty good speech, straightforward & to the point.

Pretty cool customer (and often at his best under tough conditions) which is precisely what is called for in this situation.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]

What did he say about the gas situation?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Pretty cool customer (and often at his best under tough conditions) which is precisely what is called for in this situation.

+1. He's a good president.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What did he say about the gas situation?

Restated that EPA is relaxing standards & strat oil reserve loans are in process - but also that gasoline production had been affected and we would have to deal with that (or something to that effect)

No fake tears, no whimpering, just a big job ahead, people need help and we're going to get it done.

(and it must be driving DU nuts)

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. He's a good president.

While I'll always have reservations for politicians...He IS the right man for this job. Kerry would be down there crying, saluting to the air and talking to himself, saying..."I'm reporting for duty".
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Restated that EPA is relaxing standards & strat oil reserve loans are in process - but also that gasoline production had been affected and we would have to deal with that (or something to that effect)

No fake tears, no whimpering, just a big job ahead, people need help and we're going to get it done.

(and it must be driving DU nuts)

Went over there and read a lil bit when I saw this thread.
GOOD LORD......between the incessant butthurt whining and the rampant hypocrisy, about 10 minutes was all I could take.

Oh, according to them it IS Bush's fault that NO is under water
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
DU was bitching incessantly about where Bush was on Sunday and Monday, and how if Kerry was preident he'd be personally lifting people off of roofs from a helicopter (I'm serious, they said that).  So then Bush announces on Tuesday he's coming to LA to check out the situation and they start shrieking "Oh god, stay away!  Bush is going to fuck everything up like he always does!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was far from President Bush's biggest fan during his first primary but I have grown to respect, admire, and genuinely like both the man and the President, despite his faults.

I only wish he were as commanding and confidence-inspiring in day-to-day affairs as he is during times of crisis - but at times like these, he really seems to shine...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top