Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 9:42:20 AM EDT
I have a pair of New Balances I bought only 3 months ago. Currently the bottoms are so worn to shit that everytime it rains and the ground is wet the water comes right up through and soaks my socks and feet.

Think it's time I broke down and spent the $$$ for a new pair or should I continue just going through 4 pairs of socks a day?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Not even close until your toes poke out the top.

Line the inside with cardboard, or cardboard wrapped with a trash bag.

Memorize -

Make do,
Do without,
Use it up,
Wear it out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not even close until your toes poke out the top.

Line the inside with cardboard, or cardboard wrapped with a trash bag.

Memorize -

Make do,
Do without,
Use it up,
Wear it out.

I was thinking of taking out the soles and lining the bottom of the shoe with duct tape, then replace the soles.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad we've shifted gears from looters to something real interesting like whether you need new shoes or not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Make a couple pallats of JB weld and walk on em...let dry. BAM! back in action.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm glad we've shifted gears from looters to something real interesting like whether you need new shoes or not.

Still sore that you can't spread your Aryan Nation beliefs?

You =
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Silicon Caulk
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a can of Fix-A-Flat sitting next to me. What if I spray some of that goop all over the bottoms?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
slather some shoe goo on the bottom
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still sore that you can spread your Aryan Nation beliefs?

You =

You and Dolomite good friends?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Only 3 months old?  You must be Fred Flintstone to get that kinda wear in 3 months.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Only 3 months old?  You must be Fred Flintstone to get that kinda wear in 3 months.  

I couldn't believe how fast they wore out! I mean I was in them for a good 16 hours of the day 6 days a week, but I've had shoes for 2+ years that were in better shape than this pair!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I couldn't believe how fast they wore out! I mean I was in them for a good 16 hours of the day 6 days a week, but I've had shoes for 2+ years that were in better shape than this pair!

Get your self some jack boots. w00t!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.weplay.com/Shoe/Goo/ShooGoo.jpg

I should Red-X my shoes?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a can of Fix-A-Flat sitting next to me. What if I spray some of that goop all over the bottoms?

Hmm, that might actually work better. I have some kind of addiction to JB weld, zip ties, and good intentions.

I've had the same shoes for over 2 years now, the bottoms have lost most if not all their tread, but I'd rather use my cash for ammo, car parts, computer parts, and cigarrettes. Maybe I should reconsider my priorities?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get your self some jack boots. w00t!

Oh jesus christ...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up a pair of Kodiak river shoes, they're taking wear very well and are very comfortable.  If you can use them, I'd say try em out.  They're based on the same idea as the Keens I've seen but sell for about $40 less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top