Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 6:20:05 AM EDT
Ever been labled or had to seek help or had an intervention?
Now? Before? Never.

Just wondering.

ETA Girlfriend and I have had talks about the subject, talked about friends that did it and talk about the psycology of it. So I just thought I would post a poll.

ETAA I am having trouble with this girlfriend after a year long relationship and feel like shit, and the thought came to mind that I hope she does not think I am gonna do that and that is what propted this poll, but don't worry, I would NEVER do that and no you can't have my guns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't do it man, it's not worth it.

That said: down the highway, not across the
road.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

road.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

road.

Oh God.  Someone is gonna post that pic now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Even if I felt that way, I wouldn't tell anyone.  Do you know how quickly they'll take your guns away?  Shit, then I'd really want to off myself.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
You alright man?  MJD
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
hell yea.
i use to think about it when i was a teen.

now i have more important things to do and a lot to live for and it rarely crosses my mind.
once every few months i still get a kind of sad feeling and think about it.
i think it's normal.  any intelligent creature will look at it's options, weight them and make the right choice.
it seems the older i get the more i can tolerate and the less likely i am to feel this way.
not saying you can grow out of it and if your having a real problem maybe you need to unplug from your problems or talk to someone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, and I still am, occasionally.

But now I take IGNORITOL (tm), a doctor-prescribed medication toat keeps the woes of the world from my consideration! Now I pretty much just sit around and keep to myself. Ask your doctor about IGNORITOL (tm)!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I have never thought about it, not once.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, and I still am, occasionally.

But now I take IGNORITOL (tm), a doctor-prescribed medication toat keeps the woes of the world from my consideration! Now I pretty much just sit around and keep to myself. Ask your doctor about IGNORITOL (tm)!

Is that from the makers of Fukitol?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
You wouldn't be the first arcommer to off himself over a broad.  You probably won't be the last.

Women are a dime a dozen and while there may be some worth losing an arm over, not one of them is worth performing the crimainl act of suicide.

Either go and talk to a Doctor/Priest/Therapist or just get it over with, I really don't care one way or the other - you're just some guy on the internet.

But in the words of Henry Rollins, if you're looking for the most impressive way to kill yourself, "try old age."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You wouldn't be the first arcommer to off himself over a broad.  You probably won't be the last.

Women are a dime a dozen and while there may be some worth losing an arm over, not one of them is worth performing the crimainl act of suicide.

Either go and talk to a Doctor/Priest/Therapist or just get it over with, I really don't care one way or the other - you're just some guy on the internet.

But in the words of Henry Rollins, if you're looking for the most impressive way to kill yourself, "try old age."

Dang.  Talk about taking it the wrong way.  I have WAY WAY WAY WAY to many people who love me to off myself because of one chic.

I am just wondering because the subject has been talked about a lot reciently in my life.  In differnt places.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Like most people, never seriously. A lot of people go into emotional overload at times, and don't know how to handle it. This confusion makes them think of "the final solution". Keep cool, and it passes pretty quickly.

Once there was a little dog, who liked to play near the train tracks. He would wait until a train came by, then dash in front of it, narrowly missing getting run over. One day, he cut it a little too close, and a train wheel nipped off about an inch of his tail. This surprised the dog, and he reflexibly tried to bite what bit him, and his head was cut off by the train wheel.

The moral of the story?

Don't lose your head over a piece of tail.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Hell no, my life kicks ass! Always has.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep. When I was younger.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Speaking of that...where is Taxman?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Speaking of that...where is Taxman?

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#19]
A little off topic, but maybe it'll make somebody laugh.

After my divorce, I decided to use the occasion to simplify my life and get rid of a lot of bad memories and extraneous crap. I gave away most of the "stuff" I had left.

Some friends and neighbors visited me in a group. It was kind of a wierd, stilted conversation, and I wasn't getting it until one of them finally came out and said they thought I was getting ready to comitt hari-kari.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:I have WAY WAY WAY WAY to many people who love me to off myself because of one chic.

I am just wondering because the subject has been talked about a lot recently in my life.  In different places.

Good.  

So there's an errant, recurring thought rambling around the old machine then?  Might be a good time to go and visit the mechanic (i.e. go and talk to a Doctor/Priest/Therapist).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#21]
That's a lot of people that voted YES I think about it often, now.

C'mon fellas, why would you just give up like that???  Hang in there!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I called a suicide hotline once. Had to talk to some woman for over an hour before she finally killed herself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I called a suicide hotline once. Had to talk to some woman for over an hour before she finally killed herself.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Not suicidial.  

I have seen the results personally and would never do that to the people in my life.  It's a selfish self-centered act.  A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#27]
92' for a month. I hit rock bottom but I pulled my ass out of my own self pity, bad days
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I've been almost dead so many times I never thought of doing it myself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah.  I am really suprised by the results here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I think about it often enough, used to try, but I've stopped because it wasn't working and I think it wasn't working because there's things that just aren't up to me.  I would never shoot myself because I don't want to give the anti-gunners any ammo, so to speak.  I care too much about our rights to even think about doing something like that that would ultimately help the enemy.  The one thing, I think, that should universally stop people is if they've got people they'd be leaving behind.  But ultimately, I think people are in control of their lives.  I don't have anything chemically wrong, it's environmental triggers that set off these feelings in me, like other people, especially ones I'm close to, being complete jerks and such.  What I've learned, then, is to simply avoid people who do things that make me feel that way.  Or at least, avoid getting close to them.  If you have asshole friends, ditch them, cause they aren't really your friends and they will lead you to self-destruction if you don't back off.  Just what I've learned.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. Lots of Arfcom, no pussy.... after a while, well, I'd wanna jump off a bridge too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. Lots of Arfcom, no pussy.... after a while, well, I'd wanna jump off a bridge too.

See from the posts I thought most men took care of that need themselves?! Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I was once to the point of looking down the barrel of my 1911 and wondering what was in that dark tube.  I had a sever pain problem and very little help getting thru it.

That was about 3 years ago.  I hve gotten help and althoug my life still sucks in a lot of ways, it IS worth living.  the Princess and SBK do need my abilities.

Ending it all is not the 'cowards way out' as it takes more courage than I have to pull the plug.

Ops
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I was once to the point of looking down the barrel of my 1911 and wondering what was in that dark tube.  I had a sever pain problem and very little help getting thru it.

That was about 3 years ago.  I hve gotten help and althoug my life still sucks in a lot of ways, it IS worth living.  the Princess and SBK do need my abilities.

Ending it all is not the 'cowards way out' as it takes more courage than I have to pull the plug.

Ops

It's the same for me.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I've seen too many suicides and it's not the answer.  It's a mistake that can't be fixed.  Nothing is worth it.  Nothing.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Not suicidial.  

I have seen the results personally and would never do that to the people in my life.  It's a selfish self-centered act.  A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I agree with you for the most part. In most cases, this is true, but what about people who are doing it to escape a permanent problem ?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah - several years ago I actually had the 12 gauge loaded and was contemplating the best way to pull the trigger since a 28" barrel makes for a rather awkward trigger pull.

Not real proud of that moment.  Even though life still sucks, I look back and am thankful I didn't go through with it.

Just over two years ago I nearly lost a very close friend when she tried to slit her wrists -- she called me, said she was thinking about it, and then did it in the 3 minutes it took me to get to her place, apparently just before I walked in the door, because she thought I didn't care enough to come over.  I don't think there isn't a traffic regulation I didn't break getting her to the hospital (which took exactly 2 minutes from leaving her door to carrying her into the ER).

Now when I start to think I'd be better off not being alive, I look back at that incident and think "what else am I destined to do?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

C'mon fellas, why would you just give up like that???  Hang in there!

probably not the best choice of words huh?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#39]
No. never
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I got somewhat suicidal (if you could call it that) at one point in my life.  Everyone has an idea flash across their screen but a healthy mind just pushes it aside.  One time I dwelt on it a little to much but not enough to actually do it.  I felt stupid afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I've thought about it, but only a few times out of curiousity.  I have never come even remotely close to considering it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#42]
gun oil tastes bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top