Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 4:01:42 AM EDT
Sometimes I just feel totally disconnected.  I find myself sitting there thinking, "None of these people are gun owners.  None of them have ever worked to actually PRODUCE any of their own foood.  Heck, they probably haven't ever climbed a tree without a helmet."

How can they report in a relevant way when they have such a different background?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a news broadcast where your "type" of person was represented?  

I just about lost my cookies when the guy with the pink tie said,

[lisp]  And now *gasp* we have reporths of  *gasp* THSREE *gasp* FOOT  *gasp*  TSHARKS *gasp*  TSWIMMING IN THE TSTREETS!!  AHH!  [/lisp]

I dunno, maybe I'm off.  Too bad we we don't have ARFCOM news (by arfcommers, for arfcommers).  I'd buy the next bigger sattellite package to get that.

[/rant]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Most arfcomer's ideal reporter would be an over weight white guy who loved flannel shirts

ETA: Oh yeah he would also say such things as "id hit it" at the most inappropriate times.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, they should have more farmers on the news!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry --
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

All I'm saying is that I don't really feel represented.  I find myself thinking, "I'm counting on THESE GUYS to relay information to me that I find relevant??"

I guess that's why I come here when I want to hear what's going on in the world.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
[Announcer] "This ain't no party; This ain't no disco; This ain't no fooling around."[/Announcer]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:30:01 AM EDT
[#6]

None of them have ever worked to actually PRODUCE any of their own foood

I guess I am disconnected to...I do not hunt and kill and clean everything I take in. I do not own a farm to grow the things  I do not kill.

I am a bad person.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The "News" we get today is all about generating money and ratings.  Network and Cable news rely on stories, angles, and the delivery of it to manipulate the SHEEPLE in the country.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The "News" we get today is all about generating money and ratings.  Network and Cable news rely on stories, angles, and the delivery of it to manipulate the SHEEPLE in the country.

So what do you suggest?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

None of them have ever worked to actually PRODUCE any of their own foood

I guess I am disconnected to...I do not hunt and kill and clean everything I take in. I do not own a farm to grow the things  I do not kill.

I am a bad person.

Right, that's exactly what I said.  All city folk are bad.

That's stupid.

You don't hunt, you don't farm, and apparently you don't "kill" (Ever step on an ant?  Eat any fruits or vegetables?  *gasp* USE WEED KILLER??).  All that means is that we don't have the same experiences and we don't see events from the same perspective.  If you couldn't understand that, then I don't have anything else to say.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#10]

If you couldn't understand that, then I don't have anything else to say.

Good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I'm saying is that I don't really feel represented.  I find myself thinking, "I'm counting on THESE GUYS to relay information to me that I find relevant??"

I guess that's why I come here when I want to hear what's going on in the world.

This is why the cable and network news are becoming more and more irrelevant.

You can usually find a blogger that lives in the area you are interested in, with the expertise to speak intelligently on the topics they find interesting.

viva la internet
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I doubt it was a tiger shark. Probably a nice size black tip.

BYW, that is exactly what NO needs. The sharks and catfish will clean up the dead animals (pets, etc).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:23:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Most arfcomer's ideal reporter would be an over weight white guy who loved flannel shirts

ETA: Oh yeah he would also say such things as "id hit it" at the most inappropriate times.

Ahh... good laugh.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:28:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sometimes I just feel totally disconnected.  I find myself sitting there thinking, "None of these people are gun owners.  None of them have ever worked to actually PRODUCE any of their own foood.  Heck, they probably haven't ever climbed a tree without a helmet."

How can they report in a relevant way when they have such a different background?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a news broadcast where your "type" of person was represented?  

I just about lost my cookies when the guy with the pink tie said,

[lisp]  And now *gasp* we have reporths of  *gasp* THSREE *gasp* FOOT  *gasp*  TSHARKS *gasp*  TSWIMMING IN THE TSTREETS!!  AHH!  [/lisp]

I dunno, maybe I'm off.  Too bad we we don't have ARFCOM news (by arfcommers, for arfcommers).  I'd buy the next bigger sattellite package to get that.

[/rant]

On Fox and Friends this very AM, Steve Ducey said the corps of engineers was dropping by giant helecopters 15,000 ton concrete barricades to stop the flow across the breached levees.

Damn. I mean just, Damn. Really?

I think your case is made. Whats sad is very few people would realize the folly of his comments.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#15]

15,000 ton

Those are the new and improved lift CH-53's
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

On Fox and Friends this very AM, Steve Ducey said the corps of engineers was dropping by giant helecopters 15,000 ton concrete barricades to stop the flow across the breached levees.

Damn. I mean just, Damn. Really?

I think your case is made. Whats sad is very few people would realize the folly of his comments.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

People at home are going, "holy crap, that's big!".  He could've said 15,000 grams and people would've been just as amazed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#17]
the other day....i was watching those dweebs out in the 100+ mph winds, loosing their hats...and getting sprayed with sand and saltwater..

and i paused for a moment..

and thought "this would be a perfect Chris Farley skit".

they should have reporters like Farley out there..

"SWEET MOTHER OF GODDDDdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd"
"Mericilesssssssss Sea of Death and Destruction.................."

well..it was funny at the time..
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Too bad we we don't have ARFCOM news (by arfcommers, for arfcommers).

SgtAr15 has been busy lately...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top