Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:28:59 PM EDT
I've been watching all the coverage I could find about Katrina, and I just found out that my hometown of Hattiesburg has been hit hard. Not anywhere near as bad as the coast, but bad enough.  I have several family members living all along the gulf coast, and I haven't had any word about any of them. I can't get through on the phones or the internet, and I don't even know where my wife is or if she's ok. This fuckin sucks!

Has anyone heard anything about the extent of the damage in South Central Mississippi? Have they announced any timelines on when commo will be back up north of the coast? We get nothing but CNN and Fox over here, and they don't seem to know much at all.

I can't say I'm the only one worried sick over this; one of my buddies here lives in bay St. Louis, and he hasn't had any word about HIS folks, either. There's a lot of us in the 155 BDE who hail from South Mississippi, and we're about to chew our nails completely off waiting for word!

Man, this is bad...

Kenny
1/198 Armor
Iraq

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I am so sorry. I can't imagine the suffering of not knowing.

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

ETA, I hope someone can post something to give you additional info.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly if its not on CNN Fox or MSNBC we don't know. they're the only ones with the abilty to transmit any thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top