Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 8:03:43 PM EDT
www.collegehumor.com/movies/1603775/

A weatherman talking about the hurricane loses it on the air.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone see SportsCenter?

With the  cameraman all up in the face of Brett Favres mother as she told him they were safe, but his childhood home was destroyed??

REAL classy.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

'

IF this is real (I'm honestly suprised this happened on CNN), they're both at fault. Her for antagonizing him, and the weatherman for even acknowledging it.

Somebody tell me this is fake.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't see this but it does not look staged at all. Does CNN have like a 5 second broadcast delay so they can quickly edit or change this before the viewing public sees it? Like what radio uses?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
from the clock it looks like that was very early in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
It was real.

It was at about 3 AM.

People I know who saw it said the two of them were sniping at each other the rest of the show, which apparently amused Anderson Cooper to no end.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was real.

It was at about 3 AM.

People I know who saw it said the two of them were sniping at each other the rest of the show, which apparently amused Anderson Cooper to no end.

I love it when so-called "journalists" go after each other. Nice to see them embarass themselves and bruise their own egos.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
They were just being goofy with each other. All the serious gloom talk was getting to them
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]
That thing should have asked questions when he was done talking. Not during the analysis.

He should have thrown the mic at her and told her to do the report by herself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#9]
What a baby.

Shee seems like a real winner, too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]
She pissed in his segment. He was a baby, but she should have kept her fat mouth shut.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I can hardly blame him. Man's trying to speak seriously about the ocurrences in that area regarding the weather, probably on little to no sleep, and he has to deal with some spotlight-hogging airhead interrupting him by blathering meaningless platitudes.

I'd chew her a new one too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can hardly blame him. Man's trying to speak seriously about the ocurrences in that area regarding the weather, probably on little to no sleep, and he has to deal with some spotlight-hogging airhead interrupting him by blathering meaningless platitudes.

I'd chew her a new one too.

yeah pretty much he had to have a little knowledge to get his job she just has to look pretty and be able to talk kinda ( I know quite a few communications majors  that is childs play to meteorology had to buddies go into thats pretty hard core  major )
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
at least he didn't just tell a rape victim to relax and enjoy.

Tex Antione remarked on rape on the evening newscast. The incident occurred when anchorman Roger Grimsby read an item about an attempted rape of an 8-year old Bronx girl.

Grimsby: Now with the weather, here is Tex Antione.

Antione: You know Roger, with all the stories about rape in the news. I can only tell you the words of a great Chinese philosopher. Confucius said. "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

After the remark, the ABC station received hundreds of phone calls from women demanding that Tex should be fired.  WABC officials agreed and it was over with, or so they thought.  Five days later, Roger Grimsby introduced Mr. Antoine’s replacement by saying "Lie back, relax, and enjoy the weather with Storm Field."  Thus again, angrier phone calls...

I actually remember that newscast. Damn I feel old!
Did I just say that?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like she was being a twunt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:10:34 AM EDT
[#16]
OK.....who's paying me back for the minute wasted on downloading that and watchign it?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Hahaha reminds me of the one when I think it was that hannity guy asking people in the staidum what they where doing and the one guy said "none of your fucking buisness" it was great right on live tv.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:19:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hahaha reminds me of the one when I think it was that hannity guy asking people in the staidum what they where doing and the one guy said "none of your fucking buisness" it was great right on live tv.

That was Shep Smith downtown.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:22:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Real classy, CNN weather guy

Think maybe since he is there in the big easy (now not so easy) he had no time/chance to freshen up? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:23:05 AM EDT
[#20]
This was a lot funnier live.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top